Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 08:59 AM

30,165 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Watching the left complain about govt overreach...hilarious

I am a Libertarian. I always complain about govt overreach. And not just when one side does it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 09:05 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times
I'm okay with playing the national anthem before games. It's a tradition as well as a bow to national unity.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:08 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am a Libertarian. I always complain about govt overreach. And not just when one side does it.
I dont think so.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:08 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It is NOT "just a song". It IS our NATIONAL ANTHEM.
It's a song (a pretty badly written one, musically speaking, for that matter). One which a private business should not be required to play at any time.

Quote:
You offer NOTHING to help and support of great country. You are TAKER and give NOTHING
I'm dying to know what you offer this country by listening to a song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
I have to listen to the noise pollution of people driving around in their cars with giant subwoofers played as loud as a concert playing rap and hip hop music. Where is my choice?
Your post is a logical nightmare. Is the Texas government forcing people to play music in their cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPC324 View Post
No different than the federal government making deals with states ("we will give you grants for highway repairs if you make the drinking age 21") or any other sponsorship deal.... we give you cash and free shirts and sneakers if you talk up Reebok in your post game interviews.
Again, another logical nightmare of a post. What do the Dallas Stars get in return from the Texas government for playing the anthem before a hockey game?

Quote:
"the United States Flag Code establishes advisory rules for display and care of the flag of the United States."
You do know what "advisory" means, don't you?

Old 04-12-2021, 09:12 AM

30,165 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I dont think so.

You can think whatever you want. Just because I believe that the GOP is not much better than the dems does not make me a dem.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:24 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
You sir are the epitome of what’s wrong in American today. Instead of posting a counterpoint with a rational and well reasoned argument, you post an anger filled rant filled with hatred for someone who doesn’t view the world exactly as you do. You call them names and fling aspirations. I assure you I’m not going anywhere and that while I disagree with your opinion and your manner of dealing with opposition to your views, as a card carrying Patriotic AMERICAN I fully support your right to be an a*shole whenever the mood strikes.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:52 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
"You do realize that's etiquette, not law?"

Gee, I must NOT have read my own citation before posting!

"the United States Flag Code establishes advisory rules for display and care of the flag of the United States."

We head all the time from the left when they constantly complained about Trump and NOT following"past president and "established norms"out in droves to show their appreciation for our county. Why do you think this tradition started at ballgames in the 1st place? The PROUDLY stood, placed their hand over their hearts and sang along.

"
All About The Flag » Flag Etiquette

When we respect the Flag, we respect the men and women who sacrificed to build this country and protect its freedom. When we honor the Flag, we honor our country, our people, and ourselves."

Flag Etiquette | The American Flag Foundation

Toady it is BAD to do so but, is OK to kneel down in a show of DISrespect!

The spoiled little selfish brat have taken over. GOD HELP IS!

Old 04-12-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
The PROUDLY stood, placed their hand over their hearts and sang along.
Or pretended to direct the music, I guess...

https://crooksandliars.com/cltv/2020...-star-spangled

Quote:
The spoiled little selfish brat have taken over.
No, he lost.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Lucky for you enough brave people lived here to fight multiple wars and win.
And that's the difference between being patriotic and making a display of one's patriotism.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:14 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Lucky for you enough brave people lived here to fight multiple wars and win.
Thank goodness for that. I mean those horrible Koreans who invaded and attacked us and then the Vietnamese did the same thing. oh wait........

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies