Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2021, 05:38 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,857,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
Well, I don't shop at WalMart, but I live in Virginia, which is an open carry state. And I have indeed seen HUNDREDS of people walking around "strapped" with guns. They. Are. Everywhere. Now I personally don't have a problem with that. But I could see where some people might...

--
It's probably a state issue were they allow open carry, but demand a permit for concealed. My State did away with the CC permits so those who wish to carry can do so without triggering (pun definitely intended) the Karens and Trobesmoms of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
In TN you will not need a permit to open or conceal carry.
This is a good thing now you won't have to see people "strapping guns to themselves" and get yourself all worked up about it, asking to see the manager, saying things like "do you know who I am!" etc.

Old 04-10-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. I literally do not care about the argument. But I acknowledge we have a problem. By the pretty clear intent of the constitution, the intent was to allow the people of the country have weapons sufficient with which to truly defend themselves.

We should be allowed to own nuclear weapons.

Meanwhile in reality, how many of yall be ok with that?

we need to fix this the right way.
What law is stopping you from building a nuclear weapon? Go ahead, All you need is a $200.00 tax stamp from the ATF and a legal source and license to purchase 80lbs of fissile material. build one, I'll wait.

You always know when the Libs have lost this argument. It when they drop the Nukes...

Old 04-10-2021, 06:53 AM

9,322 posts, read 16,661,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
Something we can agree on! I just think it's kind of silly for you to imply Biden was all about power and control and Trump wasn't. They're both politicians. That's what they do. For you to imply otherwise is naive.

--
Biden is a figurehead, a old man with limited capacities. a nothing. A hypocrite and liar who was against school choice, a segregationist, and accused by Reade of sexual assault. Nancy, Chuckie, Bernie, and AOC are running the country, that is the power I was referring to, not useless Joe. They just stand him up every once in awhile (Like "Weekend at Bernies")

Old 04-10-2021, 06:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The 2nd Amendment: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.â€

But highly unfortunate how the 2nd Amendment is conflictive. So out of interest to the security of a free state, should a member of the militia, who can't shoot straight, have to hand over his gun and be expelled from the militia?
No, it is not a right granted by government. It is a promise to government from the people, that we will use them on the very government that tries to take them
Trade the guy that cannot shoot straight, with an arm brace to be very accurate(sleepy Joe) or a shotgun...

Old 04-10-2021, 07:10 AM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Background check is racist.

If black people are too stupid to get an ID to vote, they are certainly not going to get an ID and go through a background check to buy a gun.

What, everything is racist now. I drive a white car. Am I a racist. Yes you need BG checks are you nuts case, or criminals with a record. Yes if you really wanted to kill somebody you could just use your vehicle. But you cant put that vehicle in you pocket, go into a school or business and kill 50 people.

I wanted to purchase a handgun a few years back. I went to the sheriffs office, filled out the paperwork, paid my $10 and waited 10 days or so. You cant get up to 5, I only wanted to purchase 1 handgun. They called me and went and picked it up. I have no problem with this. In my state some gun shops, dont think you're serious about purchasing, if you dont have a purchasing permit. If you decide to purchase, all the BG checks are done. A quick sale.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:03 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The 2nd Amendment: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.â€

But highly unfortunate how the 2nd Amendment is conflictive. So out of interest to the security of a free state, should a member of the militia, who can't shoot straight, have to hand over his gun and be expelled from the militia?

The 2nd amendment is not conflictive.

It's only conflictive if you interpret the word "regulated" by it's most common meaning in modern day English.

In the parlance of the day, "regulated" didn't mean to be controlled by rules and laws.

It meant to be properly functioning.

So, if you take the sentence structure and apply it to another subject, it makes perfect sense:

"A properly functioning education system being necessary to the education of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed"

Now, that sentence doesn't mean that only schools should have books.

Or that the general public is restricted from having books.

Or that it's ok to "regulate" or control what type of books schools or the public may own and read.

It means only what it very plainly says.

A properly functioning militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of THE PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:49 AM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The 2nd amendment is not conflictive.

It's only conflictive if you interpret the word "regulated" by it's most common meaning in modern day English.

In the parlance of the day, "regulated" didn't mean to be controlled by rules and laws.

It meant to be properly functioning.

So, if you take the sentence structure and apply it to another subject, it makes perfect sense:

"A properly functioning education system being necessary to the education of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed"

Now, that sentence doesn't mean that only schools should have books.

Or that the general public is restricted from having books.

Or that it's ok to "regulate" or control what type of books schools or the public may own and read.

It means only what it very plainly says.

A properly functioning militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of THE PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When that was written. There were no semi-automatic assault style weapons with detachable 30 round magazines. Times have changed.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:52 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
What, everything is racist now. I drive a white car. Am I a racist. Yes you need BG checks are you nuts case, or criminals with a record. Yes if you really wanted to kill somebody you could just use your vehicle. But you cant put that vehicle in you pocket, go into a school or business and kill 50 people.

I wanted to purchase a handgun a few years back. I went to the sheriffs office, filled out the paperwork, paid my $10 and waited 10 days or so. You cant get up to 5, I only wanted to purchase 1 handgun. They called me and went and picked it up. I have no problem with this. In my state some gun shops, dont think you're serious about purchasing, if you dont have a purchasing permit. If you decide to purchase, all the BG checks are done. A quick sale.
"purchasing permit"

That is pathetic.
Rights do not require permission.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:23 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
When that was written. There were no semi-automatic assault style weapons with detachable 30 round magazines. Times have changed.

The Founders knew that weapons technology would continue to evolve, because they had seen it evolve before and during their lifetimes.

And Semi-automatic weapons pre date the signing of the Constitution by 90 years.

They just didn't have the technology to mass produce them and make them affordable and reliable.

Also private citizens owned artillery and battleships.

The whole "The founders couldn't foresee AR-15s" argument is nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies