Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 07:31 PM

3,454 posts, read 2,781,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I haven't watched that show in forever, but it does seem to me that many of the guests are actors who don't even know each other.

But I had extended family - on an inlaw's side - who appeared on Maury many years ago and it was awful. They were lower class, mixed race, unattractive people and he tricked them. The show was billed as a "mom and daughter spa weekend", and mothers of daughters who were heavy were invited to come for a long weekend and have the girls learn to dress fashionably and attractively, all the while they'd be put up in a very nice hotel and would receive some new outfits. No cash.

It was HORRIBLE. Backstage, away from the watchful eyes of the mothers, the girls were dressed in provocative skimpy clothes and encouraged to dance around in a trashy way. Maury asked the girl, who was TWELVE, was she sexually active and had that been a problem? Was the mom worried about that? NO. She's a fat unattractive 12 year old who was kind of friendless, and was doing this for a fun weekend with mom in a place she wouldn't normally have been able to visit.

Of course, there were scenes that were nice that were left on the cutting room floor, the scenes the pair had gone and expected. Nice interactions, nice behavior, gratitude for new fashionable clothes, loving moments between the girls and moms, etc.

They had to move. The girl was made such fun of she didn't want to attend the same school anymore.

How many other lives has he damaged?
I’m sure the guests signed NDAs in order to get on the show.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:33 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
What series regularly portrays blacks as crude, unintelligent, irresponsible, and libidinous? Hint: It isn’t hosted by Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity.
It regularly portrays its white guests the same way.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:35 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It regularly portrays its white guests the same way.
Right I mean the only white people on Maury are drug addicted white trash hicks. The show is hardly an ambassador for the white race.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:37 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,622 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
I’m sure the guests signed NDAs in order to get on the show.
I think all they signed was, once they put you up in the luxury hotel, you had to actively participate in all the events of the show. And probably not sue because of how they made you appear.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:14 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
What series regularly portrays blacks as crude, unintelligent, irresponsible, and libidinous? Hint: It isn’t hosted by Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity.
I agree that Maury is very racist and I'm surprised it (and similar type shows) are even still on the air. That said, Tucker and Hannity are also racist and much more, so they aren't off the hook.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:25 PM

7,913 posts, read 3,458,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
You could say the same for Judge Judy, Paternity Court, Parking Wars, and even "Caught in Providence."
I bet Paternity Court is super racist. lol

Old 04-10-2021, 05:19 AM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times
Excerpt: Maury - the most racist show on television

Response: opinion

That show will run any English Class off the rails...

I still can't get the " Baby Momma or Baby Daddy "
vernacular out of my head.
Dang.... it's ingrained.
Maybe another shot of whiskey will help.

Old 04-10-2021, 06:24 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Well, the President Select Reject is Racist. The Libs seem to not talk about that.

And Who watches those Trashy Shows anyway? They are Staged, for drama purposes.

I know a Guy who went on Judge Judy, I dated him. He's actually an Actor and why he was on there, is nothing what He did for a Living. It's fake as B1den.
I would talk about it if I could understand what a "President Select Reject" is.

As a Lib, the only reject I understand is the Con who lost the last election. He was definitely a racist, but I don't think that's what the strange term you used refers to.

It is strange you should think Biden is the fake; the guy has always done what he said he would do, and he has always made his living doing it.

The loser was the one who always was the actor and still is. He never made a living doing anything else but acting.

So who's the fake?

Old 04-10-2021, 06:28 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
I've seen that show so many times, and there are plenty of White people who go on that show, and behave in unintelligent, crude ways. The Maury Show is a who's who of underclass behavior, from all races. It exposes that the Black population has a larger percentage of its population in the underclass than other groups. It also exposes alot of White underclass.

Something else. No one is making said persons go on that show.

Old 04-10-2021, 06:30 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Right I mean the only white people on Maury are drug addicted white trash hicks. The show is hardly an ambassador for the white race.
Or any race for that matter. The Maury Show is basically a more toned down, less violent version of Jerry Springer. At least people aren't physically fighting on The Maury Show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies