Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 02:54 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
That was drafted by Harry Anslinger, first commissioner of the Bureau of Narcotics, essentially creator of the war on drugs and a Republican. And did it for all around horrible racist reasons. Then Nixon and Reagan doubled down.

https://timeline.com/harry-anslinger...x-fb5cbc281189
it was drafted by Anslinger at the direction of Dupont and Hearst both democrats

democrats owned both houses of the congress and the POTUS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 03:01 PM

17,307 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
it was drafted by Anslinger at the direction of Dupont and Hearst both democrats

democrats owned both houses of the congress and the POTUS
Anslinger spent 30 years spreading reefer madness to make it reality. And Republicans have been happy to keep expanding on it. But sure it’s an evil Democrat thing, so Republicans will jump on getting it legalized right?

Old 04-10-2021, 03:36 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You think weed is a modern day drug?
I laughed at this also. Marijuana is an old world drug. Besides that, drugs have been used by mankind since mankind has been walking the planet. Look at psychedelics - they in some form have been used in almost all ancient cultures on the planet going as far back as one can go. Yet to this day they are demonized. Makes no sense.

Alcohol is by far and away the overall most damaging substance abused by humans. To self and society, data has proven this. Yet people still, after all this time, believe in reefer madness propaganda.

Old 04-10-2021, 03:43 PM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
Alcohol is a drug, yet legal and accepted, despite it being responsible for killing millions every year. Yet you tell people you smoke weed they act as if you told them you were smoking heroin, crack cocaine, etc.? I really don't get it. I mean, for all these people that are against drugs, shouldn't they also never drink any kind of alcoholic beverage as well?

And say every kind of alcohol was somehow incapable of making and no alcohol was ever possible to make, legally or illegally, and all replaced with strictly weed, would that be bad?
Hypocritical no, as it is comparing apples to oranges.
Smoking dope typically leads to doing other drugs (factual so don't give us the "High Times" rubbish rebuttal).
That said, all mind altering substances, be they legal or not does not advance human kind, no matter how you look at it.
Even for those who do not go on to do harder drugs, smoking dope saps ambition, and leads to a life of malaise.

The bottom line for me is that while a few people I know became booze hounds and ruined their lives, far more dope heads ruined their lives, despite how promising they were. Most are either dead, in prison, or living off the public dole with permanently mind altered views.

`

Old 04-10-2021, 06:00 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Smoking dope typically leads to doing other drugs (factual so don't give us the "High Times" rubbish rebuttal).
That said, all mind altering substances, be they legal or not does not advance human kind, no matter how you look at it.
Even for those who do not go on to do harder drugs, smoking dope saps ambition, and leads to a life of malaise.

The bottom line for me is that while a few people I know became booze hounds and ruined their lives, far more dope heads ruined their lives, despite how promising they were. Most are either dead, in prison, or living off the public dole with permanently mind altered views.

`
How many pot smokers drank beer before they started smoking pot. Which is the number one "gateway drug"?

Old 04-10-2021, 06:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
THC is a powerful psychoactive. A couple of beers or a glass of wine, has negligible effects on the mind.

It's a false equivalency to compare the two.

Now, if you're a complete drunkard, then yes, alcohol is way more dangerous.
But a couple of beers or a glass of wine in never enough for some people, which can be more harmful than pot. Doctors doing surgery marvel at how much more anesthesia is required to knock alcoholics out. I wonder if it's the same for people who smoke a lot of weed everyday?

Old 04-10-2021, 07:53 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I am not for/against either.

Whatever you do, make sure and recognize that either can become ruinous, if
you do not impose moderation on your use.
I agree!

Old 04-10-2021, 08:00 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

I think this either reflects your circle if associates, or the US's draconian prison system.

Not sure any of my dope smoking buddies have ever been to prison, and a life of malaise is just laughable for being so ridiculous.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:03 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,604,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But a couple of beers or a glass of wine in never enough for some people, which can be more harmful than pot.
Did you not read the last line of my post?

Old 04-10-2021, 11:34 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
it was the democrats that pushed reefer madness..and the democrats that made cannabis illegal in 1937
But who knows how many Republicans in Congress quite gladly voted along in fool hardy agreement to reefer madness with the Democrats back in 1937? But the year is 2021, not 1937. In these modern times, it's mainly the Republicans blocking rec marijuana legalization. That is largely why I could never be so foolish or pitifully stupid enough to be a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies