Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 06:18 PM

30,108 posts, read 18,921,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's all pretty simple. Non whites are going to keep reaching...

And whites are going to perceive this as overreaching.

You bring up MLK. Back then social conservatives (of both parties) thought MLK was overreaching.

Fifty years later most conservatives think that MLK was justified... but that non whites NOW are overreaching (LGBTQ and other for that matter).

It will be interesting what "conservatives" in 2070 will be thinking about what happened in 2020 regarding social justice matters.

That is of course if you aren't all rounded up and put in the gulag by then.
That is the Final Solution planned by the Woke Master (who cannot be named). But first they gotta take all the guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 06:24 PM

26,346 posts, read 14,952,283 times
Asians outperform whites in every major life category in the US.

Democrats push less personal responsibility/choices and blame external reasons, often boogeyman like structural white privilege, for the faults of groups.

Old 04-10-2021, 07:15 PM

8,293 posts, read 3,783,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Asians outperform whites in every major life category in the US.
This is not a fair statement as it is. Different Asians excel in different life categories. In some categories, like education, intelligence, work ethic, etc., Asians do better as a whole. In other categories like creativity, some types of Asians excel while other types don't.

The same can be said about Whites, however. Some types of European whites (German, Eastern European, etc.) excel in education, intelligence and work ethic while American whites fall short in the same categories.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:22 PM

14,856 posts, read 8,179,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
America, as the word's charity, has shown that it has more than done it's part of proving it's not racist.
Governments are incapable of being racist except when it serves their geopolitical interests. And all governments are secular insofar as all governments have purely material interests.

On the other hand, people can be racist. And in fact, all of them are.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:53 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,567,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAIN5 View Post
I don't know the exact answer to your actual question, OP, but I am going to give you some other numbers to consider.

In 2018 there were approximately...

259,000,000 people living in US altogether

30,900,000 Black people living in US

61,500,000 Police contacts of any type involving any group

6,500,000 Police contacts of any type involving Black people

1,165 people killed by police altogether

215 Black people killed by police for the year 2018

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cbpp18st.pdf

https://www.theroot.com/here-s-how-m...018-1831469528

Now let's look at some numbers for abortion. Abortion is the number one killer of Black people in the US today, more than any other cause of death.

If the link below is accurate, in 2011 Guttmacher Institute (pro-choice) reported 360,000 Black babies were aborted in the US. That is approximately 986 Black babies killed per day for that year.

If the 2nd link below is accurate, that number has gone down a bit. In 2018, 208,183 Black babies were aborted. That's approximately 570 Black babies per day. Since information reported to the CDC is voluntary, the numbers are probably higher.

Now look again at how many Black people were killed by police in 2018. Go ahead, I'll wait...

215 Black people killed by police

vs.

208,183 Black abortions

According to one website I looked at, in 2015, more Black babies were aborted in New York than there were live births.

But forget everything I just told you. The media, politicians, celebrities, BLM, university professors, and kindergarten teachers everywhere are saying that the biggest cause of Black deaths are due to the police and white supremacy - even three-month olds are allegedly racist and must be reeducated - so, who am I to tell you anything else?

https://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2020...ack-americans/

https://www.liveaction.org/news/cdc-...xtremely-high/

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/ss/ss6907a1.htm
So, CHAINS, please, by all means do tell us how do you propose to pass a law to force all black pregnant women to give birth who aren't willing to do so, in order to end abortion. Surely such a law would apply to women of all colors. Would it absolutely mean ALL abortion, whatsoever, would be banned, so regulating it any way would be quite unacceptable? If you want something totally banned, you sure as hell can't regulate it, since it's not supposed to exist in the first place.

Would pregnant women who refuse to abide by the law have to be charged with murder and be subject to death or life in prison, if found guilty? Why not ask such a question, since many people who want abortion banned quite strongly consider abortion to be nothing but all out murder.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 04-11-2021 at 12:06 AM..

Old 04-11-2021, 03:35 AM

19,649 posts, read 9,192,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAIN5 View Post
I don't know the exact answer to your actual question, OP, but I am going to give you some other numbers to consider.

In 2018 there were approximately...

259,000,000 people living in US altogether
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the U.S. population on January 1, 2018 was approximately 326,971,407 .

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...on,1%2C%202018.

We are now at slightly more than 330 million.
https://www.census.gov/popclock/

Old 04-11-2021, 04:27 AM

68,299 posts, read 54,213,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
..... and nonwhites are being hunted down by racist police...

... if whites are such a threat to the lives of nonwhites...

Then can someone tell me why whites are murdered by nonwhites (excluding Asians, who very rarely but sometimes commit violent crimes against whites) much more frequently on an annual basis here in the U.S. than whites murder nonwhites?

I'm not trolling. I really want to know. I have read many files from the FBI's annual crime reports as well as many other news on this. If it was reversed - if whites were killing nonwhites with the frequency nonwhites kill whites - every major city in the U.S. would see protests basically every weekend of every year if not every day, and riots would never end.

Why is it that nonwhites target whites for violence, including homicide, far more often than the other way around if this country is a country of "white supremacy" and "systemic racism?" If that was the case, shouldn't major headlines focus on the stories in which whites are the victims, yet everyone knows about Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, and George Floyd?

Even IF so, and you haven't supported your allegation with facts, that does nothing to prove/disprive the existence of white supremacy and/or systemic racism. Supremacy and racism can take many forms other than murder and crimes of violence.

Old 04-11-2021, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
This is not a fair statement as it is. Different Asians excel in different life categories. In some categories, like education, intelligence, work ethic, etc., Asians do better as a whole. In other categories like creativity, some types of Asians excel while other types don't.

The same can be said about Whites, however. Some types of European whites (German, Eastern European, etc.) excel in education, intelligence and work ethic while American whites fall short in the same categories.
Asians as a group outperform whites as a group.

In every single major life category.

Facts.

White privilege is a myth.

Old 04-11-2021, 07:38 AM

14,856 posts, read 8,179,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the U.S. population on January 1, 2018 was approximately 326,971,407 .
I was confused for a second, but I assumed he meant adults. Since it would be kind of silly to include children in those statistics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Asians as a group outperform whites as a group. In every single major life category. Facts. White privilege is a myth.
90% of so-called white-privilege is "rich-privilege". There is nothing worse in this country than being poor and white, because guess where you get to live?

When it comes to government policies, whites are the least-privileged. But you could argue that for social reasons(mostly related to whites still being a majority), that it is preferable to be white. Money has very little to do with it.

I would rather make $30,000 a year and be white, than make $100,000 a year and be Asian(or black).

Old 04-11-2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

90% of so-called white-privilege is "rich-privilege". There is nothing worse in this country than being poor and white, because guess where you get to live?

When it comes to government policies, whites are the least-privileged. But you could argue that for social reasons(mostly related to whites still being a majority), that it is preferable to be white. Money has very little to do with it.

I would rather make $30,000 a year and be white, than make $100,000 a year and be Asian(or black).
Asians making 100K a year have it better than whites making 30K a year.

You yourself talked of rich privilege.

An Asian making 100K a year would have these advantages over a white making 30K.

-longer lifespan

-less likely to commit a crime

-less likely to be the victim of a crime

-more likely to have academically successful kids in terms of testing, college, grades, and graduation rates.

-more likely to be from and have a 2 parent family, which is huge for life success
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies