Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 10:54 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Maybe it's a parent trying to give their offspring some financial security through "marrying" them. That way their kid will qualify for spousal social security benefits, pension, healthcare, etc as a "spouse".

This may be more of a financial arrangement than a romantic life partner sort of arrangement.

Still illegal!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 11:23 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I have a cousin that is just like this. It's like she is part of some extreme leftist cult and has to study their manifest and regurgitate their orders. I started to notice her changing about 5 years ago from a once very open minded, fun individual to someone who now recites everything from the radical democrat playbook. She has absolutely no thought of her own. And it's getting dangerous now because she wants to punish her daughters because they won't become lesbians.
I know a few like that too. I used to date a woman that was a real Wacko. More like a FWB. She was upset with herself for not being more attracted to other women in a more intimate way She viewed the ultimate Feminist as being someone who was equally attracted to men and women

Old 04-15-2021, 11:24 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
This is on a Hunter Biden level of sleaziness.
heh, yes it is. and that's saying a lot.

Old 04-15-2021, 11:35 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,237,720 times
Keeping it all in the family
Barf

Old 04-16-2021, 12:00 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Bestiality OK in your world?
Bestiality is a ridiculous comparison. Only one side can consent, the other cannot communicate its consent in a way that can be objectively verified.

That said Bestiality was completely legal in WA state right up to some guy dying of a perforated colon after having sex with a horse. This was only in the 200X's, so how's that for "illegal". Indeed most laws on Bestiality are solely animal cruelty laws, not ethical violations.

And yes nothing is absolutely right or wrong, thats why we have courts to determine whether any single case that may breach law is in fact a crime.

Old 04-16-2021, 12:06 AM

735 posts, read 654,757 times
Seems like one whacked parent-child relationship that shows no trend towards this being commonplace. It’s just a shock story really, typical of nypost

Old 04-16-2021, 12:29 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
i have a cousin that is just like this. it's like she is part of some extreme leftist cult and has to study their manifest and regurgitate their orders. i started to notice her changing about 5 years ago from a once very open minded, fun individual to someone who now recites everything from the radical democrat playbook. She has absolutely no thought of her own. And it's getting dangerous now because she wants to punish her daughters because they won't become lesbians.

LOL.

Old 04-16-2021, 12:38 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Bestiality is a ridiculous comparison. Only one side can consent, the other cannot communicate its consent in a way that can be objectively verified.

That said Bestiality was completely legal in WA state right up to some guy dying of a perforated colon after having sex with a horse. This was only in the 200X's, so how's that for "illegal". Indeed most laws on Bestiality are solely animal cruelty laws, not ethical violations.

And yes nothing is absolutely right or wrong, thats why we have courts to determine whether any single case that may breach law is in fact a crime.
Well I don't need a law or court to decide for me what is right and wrong, and anything besides hetero marriage is wrong.

Old 04-16-2021, 12:45 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well I don't need a law or court to decide for me what is right and wrong, and anything besides hetero marriage is wrong.
Nope you don't need a court to decide whats right or wrong for yourself. However you don't have the right to decide that for others.

You might think killing someone in self-defense isn't wrong, someone else will. Should their beliefs determine your actions? Should we make any act of killing another person a capital offense? If not then we're on the same page. Context is critical and personal beliefs shouldn't dictate what is or is not legal.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:19 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Nope you don't need a court to decide whats right or wrong for yourself. However you don't have the right to decide that for others.

You might think killing someone in self-defense isn't wrong, someone else will. Should their beliefs determine your actions? Should we make any act of killing another person a capital offense? If not then we're on the same page. Context is critical and personal beliefs shouldn't dictate what is or is not legal.
Yeah true but redefining marriage was basically made force of law and dictated on the personal belief of one more justice. If a law is wrong then it's wrong and I don't have to agree or support it or anyone responsible for its existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies