Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 11:14 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
There is no way I could shoot my revolver as fast as I can shoot my semi auto handguns. Plus, my revolver has a helluva kick to it if you are a small female, it's a Judge. I have it for the fun of shooting it at the range.
I don't think anyone was or is as fast as Jerry.....that's his job, to shoot and shoot extremely fast. My point was, if you practice enough you can get quicker.

Here is another from the late great Bob Munden:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkmKJ-deFAY

Oh, one more thing, the difference in Jerry's pistol and Bob's, Jerry's is a double action (pull the trigger and it shoots) Bob's is a single action (you have to pull the hammer back every time you shoot).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 11:18 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
I bought my first gun long ago - probably 30 years or so.

Old 04-12-2021, 11:31 AM

19,427 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I don't think anyone was or is as fast as Jerry.....that's his job, to shoot and shoot extremely fast. My point was, if you practice enough you can get quicker.

Oh, one more thing, the difference in Jerry's pistol and Bob's, Jerry's is a double action (pull the trigger and it shoots) Bob's is a single action (you have to pull the hammer back every time you shoot).
Reminds me, I just learned the term "fanning" from watching a movie last night. lol

Old 04-12-2021, 11:35 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Reminds me, I just learned the term "fanning" from watching a movie last night. lol
That's what it is....hold the trigger and just keep slapping (or fanning) the hammer.

Old 04-12-2021, 11:42 AM

24,487 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
In just 3 months in 2020, there were 570 violent riots across 220 locations in the US.

Princeton study
https://acleddata.com/acleddatanew/w...SeptWebPDF.pdf

Shortages + mob violence + looting + anti-police rhetoric = you are on your own

That pretty much nails it. People are afraid and it is all thanks to the Democrats and their propaganda media machine. We have all seen how quickly society can break down and it doesn't take much. The latest riots came this weekend were due to a black guy that was too stupid or too proud to understand the word STOP when it is shouted by the Police who have their guns drawn.

We all know what is going to happen with the George Floyd outcome no matter what it is. People are going to riot, public and private property is going to be destroyed, looted and burned.

People are afraid and that is why they are picking up guns to protect themselves and family.

Thanks Democrats for making our streets so dangerous by turning your backs on the Police and instead supporting the criminals.

Old 04-12-2021, 11:49 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I do not thing anyone needs a semi automatic to protect their home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
That's not for you to decide.
Exactly! That's like trying to tell me I don't need an automatic V8 - that a manual 4 cylinder will do*.

* which Europeans frequently tell Americans

Old 04-12-2021, 11:50 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Yeah, but nobody's as fast as Matt Dillon.

Old 04-12-2021, 11:57 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
There is no way I could shoot my revolver as fast as I can shoot my semi auto handguns. Plus, my revolver has a helluva kick to it if you are a small female, it's a Judge. I have it for the fun of shooting it at the range.
Revolvers are more difficult to shoot accurately in double action because of their long heavy trigger pulls. Not only does the trigger have to fully retract and release the hammer it has to rotate the cylinder as well.

Old 04-12-2021, 11:58 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Not my first gun-but I bought a Mossberg Shotgun. I knew demand was going skyhigh and with all the BS going on in the world I decided to add to my collection.

Old 04-12-2021, 11:59 AM

52,246 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That pretty much nails it. People are afraid and it is all thanks to the Democrats and their propaganda media machine. We have all seen how quickly society can break down and it doesn't take much. The latest riots came this weekend were due to a black guy that was too stupid or too proud to understand the word STOP when it is shouted by the Police who have their guns drawn.

We all know what is going to happen with the George Floyd outcome no matter what it is. People are going to riot, public and private property is going to be destroyed, looted and burned.

People are afraid and that is why they are picking up guns to protect themselves and family.

Thanks Democrats for making our streets so dangerous by turning your backs on the Police and instead supporting the criminals.
Just a few years ago I would have just sort of written off this post as partisan generalizations or whatever.

These days I've been really paying a whole lot more attention to what is happening and it seems like you take just about any issue and the democrat response is ALWAYS less than what it should be, in my humble opinion of course. Across the board, there seems to be a major shift on completely lowering law enforcement standards and upholding the law.

I just don't get it, either they are overly idealistic and naïve or they are intentionally trying to lower our quality of life standards, neither one makes any sense really.

When I rip on the democrats I'm really talking about the politicians themselves. I still think that the average dem voter on the street isn't for any of this stuff and it's just the party gone amuck, but I don't know anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies