Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 04:37 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hahaa.........very good salty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2021, 05:56 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I think that the average Democrat voter on the street thinks that the Democrat Party when given the power will provide them with cradle to grave entitlements.
Such jackassery. Conservative yahoos are more apt to be the beneficiary of entitlements than we are.

Old 04-13-2021, 05:59 PM

735 posts, read 654,292 times
I haven’t bought a gun yet, but I’ve been considering it to defend myself and my family from whatever madness the alt-right might stir up next.

Old 04-13-2021, 06:01 PM

795 posts, read 407,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post
I haven’t bought a gun yet, but I’ve been considering it to defend myself and my family from whatever madness the alt-right might stir up next.
Please. The alt left is far more likely to stir up trouble than the alt right. Look at the BLM terrorist attacks and riots. That’s ALL left wing lunatics.

Old 04-13-2021, 07:28 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
I don't hardly qualify as a new firearms owner but I have met quite a few of late. People who not so long ago at all were 110% behind doing away with the 2A. Who were telling me I have "blood on my hands" based on no more than the fact that I own and use firearms. Yet now they have them. Interestingly the only trouble that was started hereabouts which also involved both intentional and straight up misuse and idiotic handling of firearms were ALL done by leftists.

Property damage, people injured and/or put in danger because of radical leftist idiocy with firearms. @ such incidents not more than a mile and change from my residence that took place on the Capitol grounds and both incidents involved AK style rifles. Rifles carried by "peaceful" radical left "protesters." People who had never in their lives handled firearms before and up till that point disdained me as a danger to society.

But I have never put another human being in danger via use of a firearm who didn't have it coming and when I fired my weapon at another human it was completely with lethal intent I did so. This brings me to pointing out to all these first time firearms owners, particularly those who supported banning private ownership of them not so long ago, that proper use of lethal force is not just as simple as point and let fly. Nope, it ain't as simple a thing as the latter type of people always thought it to be.

I've been training in self defense and use of weapons and not just firearms my whole life starting at a very young age. And not once have I ever felt prepared and practiced enough. Mere ownership of a firearm does not make anyone safer by default. For all those recent firearms owners out there you have a DUTY to those you love who you wish to defend to practice, train (rigorously) and to train your MIND harder than your body in the use of that weapon.

As so many are now realizing it involves far more than just knowing where the trigger is and what end to point downrange. Yes, YOU are the weapon. A firearm is just an extension, a tool, YOU tell it what to do, and a firearms only does what it's user tells it to do.

Old 04-13-2021, 07:43 PM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I have not bought one, but I’ve thought of it. DH has one, but if I were alone I would have bought one by now. DHs nephew is a gun dealer, and business is booming.

My reasons are that the police are being weakened and defunded, there is disruption and looting in some cities, and increasing gun control could make guns hoarder for law abiding people to get.

Old 04-13-2021, 07:44 PM

5,645 posts, read 6,206,522 times
We haven't gotten one yet but my husband and I have been talking about it for the past 3 or 4 months. My experience with firearms is extremely limited, having only shot a rifle maybe half a dozen times at a summer camp when I was probably about 10 years old (I was laying down and still remember the kick). My husband used to have guns but hasn't had any since I've known him. He at least has enough knoweldge to know when we should be looking for. His concern is that we are getting older and it becomes less and less realistic that we will be able to defend ourselves using the baseball bats we keep by our bedsides. However, the restrictions are pretty strict here in MA so we haven't gotten up the gumption to stsart the process. It's easier to get a shotgun than a handgun so that might be the direction we go although my husband would prefer we get handguns. I've heard however thsat shotguns are better for novices like myself because it's hard to miss.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:07 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post

Thanks, I needed the laugh this morning...lol....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies