Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 12:56 PM

26,650 posts, read 28,563,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
And so is the current pandemic.

I see zombies driving in cars or walking alone with masks on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I saw people at the beach in the water with their masks on.
Well, how superior you must feel. It makes perfect sense for a person running errands to just keep the mask on in the car. You really think they need to keep taking it on and off and on and off again? I know I can't be bothered taking it off when I drive from the grocery store to the bank to the post office. (Anyway, if I took it off and put it on the seat, the dog would probably eat it, lol.)

Same with taking a walk. Unless you absolutely know you will not see anyone else, it's smart to wear the mask. I prefer to wear a mask and if/when I see someone I want to talk to, I don't have to pull it out and put it on.

Our state advises people to wear masks when wading in water. I probably wouldn't bother but beaches can get really crowded and it's usually better to be safe than sorry. Probably the people doing these things haven't been vaccinated yet and prefer to not get COVID.

I suppose there are still some people out there who think this worldwide pandemic is a conspiracy. Probably those people should crawl out of their holes and take a look at what's been happening all over the entire world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2021, 12:59 PM

16,059 posts, read 10,655,786 times
The fact that you saw someone wearing a mask where you would not might be an indication that they are sick or have a high risk situation. Maybe it means you have a poor understanding of covid mask recommendations. Some people choose to be more cautious than you. Show us on the doll where this hurts you.

Old 04-11-2021, 01:01 PM

8,897 posts, read 2,937,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Well, how superior you must feel. It makes perfect sense for a person running errands to just keep the mask on in the car. You really think they need to keep taking it on and off and on and off again? I know I can't be bothered taking it off when I drive from the grocery store to the bank to the post office. (Anyway, if I took it off and put it on the seat, the dog would probably eat it, lol.)

Same with taking a walk. Unless you absolutely know you will not see anyone else, it's smart to wear the mask. I prefer to wear a mask and if/when I see someone I want to talk to, I don't have to pull it out and put it on.

Our state advises people to wear masks when wading in water. I probably wouldn't bother but beaches can get really crowded and it's usually better to be safe than sorry. Probably the people doing these things haven't been vaccinated yet and prefer to not get COVID.

I suppose there are still some people out there who think this worldwide pandemic is a conspiracy. Probably those people should crawl out of their holes and take a look at what's been happening all over the entire world.
And it's "smart" why?

Do you really think a cloth tissue on a string can stop viruses?

Come on.

It's a strong placebo. And yes, you should take it off...why would you want to walk around with all the garbage your mouth and nose are trying to expel on your face?

"Better to be safe than sorry." This is exactly another reason these masks actually hurt....do you actually think you can't get the virus if you have your mask on?

Old 04-11-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
The fact that you saw someone wearing a mask where you would not might be an indication that they are sick or have a high risk situation. Maybe it means you have a poor understanding of covid mask recommendations. Some people choose to be more cautious than you. Show us on the doll where this hurts you.
Let's say you buy into the fact that masks provide maybe 1% more protection against viruses (they probably don't, but let's just assume).

What benefit would there be from them with driving alone inside of a car????

The point we are making is that people get brainwashed and do illogical things because of peer pressure.

What logical reason would there be to wear a mask inside of a car or walking alone?

Old 04-11-2021, 01:06 PM

42,686 posts, read 17,895,315 times
Quote:

Go swimming on an uncrowded beach with a mask so you can feel safe than sorry ?
When the mask gets wet and clogs up your nose and mouth..then what ?
These flimsy throw aways will just fall apart.

And you are outside, in the fresh air which I think the CDC has said is ok to be in without a mask.

Old 04-11-2021, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Go swimming on an uncrowded beach with a mask so you can feel safe than sorry ?
When the mask gets wet and clogs up your nose and mouth..then what ?
These flimsy throw aways will just fall apart.

And you are outside, in the fresh air which I think the CDC has said is ok to be in without a mask.
I swear if Fauci said to wear your underwear on the outside of your clothes to help fight the virus, there would be untold thousands doing it and chiding others for questioning the logic of it!

Old 04-11-2021, 01:11 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,907,003 times
They (the government) had every opportunity to arrest the leader, they didn’t have to raid the compound.

Old 04-11-2021, 01:13 PM

17,472 posts, read 6,789,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Show us on the doll where a healthy person not wearing a useless cloth mask hurt you.

Old 04-11-2021, 01:14 PM

42,686 posts, read 17,895,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
I swear if Fauci said to wear your underwear on the outside of your clothes to help fight the virus, there would be untold thousands doing it and chiding others for questioning the logic of it!
The CDC said 6 feet. Do you know how much money schools spent to do the 6 feet with partitions ?
And now that the schools have done that the CDC comes out....do 3 feet now.

Old 04-11-2021, 01:15 PM

2,774 posts, read 898,670 times
Quote:

You response only confirms what the author of the article and many others have observed. "Our state advises...". Much of the advice we've given by local, state and federal officials in the past year has been unhelpful at best, often countermanded or just outright wrong in preventing the spread of covid.

I acknowledge that covid is real. I have four friends, all in their mid sixties, one in very poor health, who've had and survived covid without hospitalization. I recognize that people have died from covid, but I also think the number of cases and deaths from covid have been deliberately inflated.

The difference between me and you is, you think masks are about public health. I believe they are about public control. A conspiracy implies something nefarious done in secret without the knowledge of the public at large. This masking has been done in the open, after bombarding the public with 24/7 PSA's on the radio, in almost every store you enter, on the freeways, in restaurants, etc.. You can't get away from the "boogie man around every corner" warnings.

Your reply only lends credence to the article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies