Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 02:33 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,011,346 times

Advertisements

This is ironic. Pakistan still has not acknowledged its war crimes against Bangladesh, another Muslim country, from the independence war. Nor acknowledged its genocide against the Baluchis, another Muslim group within their own borders. Perhaps Pakistanis should look at themselves in the mirror first before criticizing others.

India is accused of committing discrimination by protecting its people from honor killings and suicide bombers - all of which Pakistan has produced in abundance. If there was no China to support Pakistan it would collapse into anarchy tomorrow as different ethnic and tribal groups vie to prove which is the true Pakistan with each declaring jihad against the other. Another repeat of the medieval mentality.

Old 04-12-2021, 02:45 PM

25,956 posts, read 24,680,279 times
Sure, Pakistan is a messy place, Uyghur terrorists also went there to get training.

Still, the Muslims in India are not Pakistanis. I doubt they would emigrate to Pakistan even if they could.

And the Modi government's recent bill excludes Muslim refugees from other countries on the basis of religion, so they would not have helped the Baloch people.

Old 04-12-2021, 02:46 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,712,646 times
The violence in India is a two-way street. Sure it's bad and wrong. I don't disagree with that. But Muslims kill Hindus and Hindus kill Muslims and the cycle of hatred is unending. The Uighur Muslims are in a one-way street. They get killed, tortured and persecuted, but they're such a tiny minority that they couldn't fight back effectively if they wanted to. But I agree that the Uighurs get attention while others get ignored. Arguably, the mass murder of Falun Gong by the Chinese government is far worse, based on the same kinds of flimsy lies, and gets almost no attention at all. The thing that makes both the Uighurs and Falun Gong worse is that the persecution and mass-murder is being done by the government itself. It's not a Muslim hating Hindu or a Hindu hating Muslim. It's the government of the country doing the crimes against humanity and murdering its own citizens.

The biggest problem I have with this thread: It's what aboutism at its finest. "That guy over there beats his wife, so you shouldn't have a problem with me beating my wife." Sorry but if you're doing something wrong, it doesn't magically become right just because somebody else is doing it.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The violence in India is a two-way street. Sure it's bad and wrong. I don't disagree with that. But Muslims kill Hindus and Hindus kill Muslims and the cycle of hatred is unending. The Uighur Muslims are in a one-way street. They get killed, tortured and persecuted, but they're such a tiny minority that they couldn't fight back effectively if they wanted to. But I agree that the Uighurs get attention while others get ignored. Arguably, the mass murder of Falun Gong by the Chinese government is far worse, based on the same kinds of flimsy lies, and gets almost no attention at all. The thing that makes both the Uighurs and Falun Gong worse is that the persecution and mass-murder is being done by the government itself. It's not a Muslim hating Hindu or a Hindu hating Muslim. It's the government of the country doing the crimes against humanity and murdering its own citizens.

The biggest problem I have with this thread: It's what aboutism at its finest. "That guy over there beats his wife, so you shouldn't have a problem with me beating my wife." Sorry but if you're doing something wrong, it doesn't magically become right just because somebody else is doing it.
The Uyghur situation has nothing to do with communist China, they already tried separatist moves long before China became communist. It is also a cycle in Xinjiang. Your putting the blame on China is naive.

Persecution and mass murder, sorry, but that absurd accusation only makes me laugh. There is none of that today. 20 years ago the Uyghurs indeed had reason to complain as they were treated much worse when the tension was high because of the frequent terrorist attacks back then.

And really, the Falun Gong? It's a horrible cult. Members are not killed, but indeed under observation. And they should be in the West as well, frankly. In Germany Falun Gong is classified as a psycho cult.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:18 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,232,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Since everyone keeps repeating the genocide in Xinjiang BS, why don't I hear about the massive human rights violations against Muslims in India?
Modi, a fanatical Hindu (that guy was elected, so much for democracy), is known for his anti-Muslim tirades, that often have fatal consequences:

https://time.com/5791759/narendra-mo...olence-muslim/

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/ind...ation-bjp-modi

Not to mention the government's persecution of anyone (media etc.) that supports or draws attention to the striking farmers, a topic that is basically ignored in the West.

The humans rights situation in India is worse than in China, yet nobody talks about it, no sanctions or anything. Are human rights violations OK as long as the perpetrators have been elected?
I keep being told that any such information is just CIA propaganda, so are we to now believe this is real as the narrative shifts from "China doesn't do it" to "all these other countries do it too"?

Old 04-12-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I keep being told that any such information is just CIA propaganda, so are we to now believe this is real as the narrative shifts from "China doesn't do it" to "all these other countries do it too"?
Hehe, there is no genocide in either country, that was my point. Maybe I should have added a to the thread title...

Old 04-12-2021, 03:25 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,232,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
The Uyghur situation has nothing to do with communist China, they already tried separatist moves long before China became communist. It is also a cycle in Xinjiang. Your putting the blame on China is naive.

Persecution and mass murder, sorry, but that absurd accusation only makes me laugh. There is none of that today. 20 years ago the Uyghurs indeed had reason to complain as they were treated much worse when the tension was high because of the frequent terrorist attacks back then.

And really, the Falun Gong? It's a horrible cult. Members are not killed, but indeed under observation. And they should be in the West as well, frankly. In Germany Falun Gong is classified as a psycho cult.
How would you know there is none of that going on? What sort of information would you possibly base that on? Chinese news stories?

In a country where the likes of Jack Ma can just go *poof* for a few months you'll have to forgive our skepticism.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:27 PM

4,893 posts, read 3,346,442 times
Al Jazeera has been covering this issue. Although calling it a "genocide" is quite a bit of an exaggeration...

Old 04-12-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How would you know there is none of that going on? What sort of information would you possibly base that on? Chinese news stories?

In a country where the likes of Jack Ma can just go *poof* for a few months you'll have to forgive our skepticism.
https://youtu.be/5K90YnJU15A

Old 04-25-2021, 10:00 AM

An interesting article (I am even a bit surprised it was published by the BBC, which has long turned into a propaganda medium) on India's giant propaganda machine that tries to manipulate the UN, the EU etc.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-55232432

Funny how they used US cities in the names of many of their fake news sites
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.