Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2021, 07:42 AM

8,753 posts, read 5,050,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Of course she is, along with I’m sure telling everyone he was a salt of the earth person that never did anything wrong.
He may have had a warrant out on him, and that is why he took off....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 07:56 AM

4,901 posts, read 2,055,276 times
I’d put money that lots of cops in this city/town AND the surrounding areas are calling out sick so they don’t have to deal with this self inflicted problem again.

Since the media has been carrying Biden from Day-One, hopefully they will control the message and this stupidity doesn’t spread outside of Minnesota into other urban centers.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:58 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,069,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
A demographic cannot commit a disproportionate amount of crime in a 1st word country, and expect change. Until we blacks start respecting eachother, no one else will. Including police.
All of your posts make so much sense to me. I don’t know why this message isn’t understood and promoted more, by everyone.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:58 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
He may have had a warrant out on him, and that is why he took off....
Of course, but she won’t say that.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:02 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
which one of these pictures do you suppose the media will go with?
Attached Thumbnails
More riots on the way - police shooting in Minneapolis suburb-eyxyw5mwgagjyyr.jpeg   More riots on the way - police shooting in Minneapolis suburb-eyxyw5nxmamcsdo.jpeg  

Old 04-12-2021, 08:07 AM

8,753 posts, read 5,050,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
which one of these pictures do you suppose the media will go with?
I knew their would be more to the story. Why didn`t Sleepy Joe take HIS gun away?

Old 04-12-2021, 08:09 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Body cam will clear it up.

But if he did simply just get back in the car to drive away, (a stupid move of course) what fear would the police hold that would make them shoot him?
If you aren't allowed to stop someone with a warrant from fleeing, you will have no way to ever enforce a warrant ever again. That doesn't mean a point blank execution, but in almost ever one of these cases we are seeing, someone is fighting with cops, running away, getting into a car.

Not in floyd's case, and in that one I think Chauvin was a sadistic brute who should be convicted of at least manslaughter. But we can't suspend all rational thought because of Floyd, which was exactly the case in the Wendy's incident and in many others.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:12 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
The facts aren't even close to in, no witnesses to what happened, no cell phone video from bystanders but "Black man shot by police" and it's five finger discount day at all local businesses and time to toast marshmallows over burning buildings. Oh but I'm certain all those rioters looters and vandals are right wing extremists in blackface.

So much for Portland to see anything resembling peace anytime in the next decade. May as well wall that place up and do an Escape from New York thing with it. Remake the movie and maybe use Jason Statham to play Snake Pliskin this go. Maybe Duane Johnson. This is beyond ridiculous. I am just SO over BLM's BS.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:12 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Really? They can't just go to his house and arrest him later?

A cop won't be liable for a driver if they attempted to detain him.
So you end up with hostage situations and gun battles and pedestrians getting run over by a fleeing con man. Are you doing satire?

Old 04-12-2021, 08:16 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Per your link, those statistics are false.
Won't let me rep you, but great post.

I would note that the msn rebuttal is somewhat cherry picked as well and in some places uses bad analytics but nothing to the extent of the utter garbage the Elwood mistakenly thought was real data.

In particular I'd be curious to include a geographic variable, meaning that the Chicago cop pulling people over in poorer, more violent areas may be both more protected (strong union) as well as more prone to being involved in gunfire and other violence than some cop out in Ottumwa, Iowa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies