Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2021, 05:50 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,517,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What do you suppose the criminal element will do if and when cops are no longer allowed to chase fleeing felons?
Who suggested that?

What do you suppose the criminal element will do if and when cops say it is too dangerous to make arrests at their residence?

All options should be on the table dependent on circumstances. But I agree with the cops in this situation, there was no need to shoot the criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Who said it was "appropriate"? It wasn't her intention to shoot him..her intention was to taze him to stop him, which was fully justified. She screwed up. Unless you think it was her evil white racist plan to say "tazer" when she was actually really going to shoot a black man for fun.

I mean, how stupid would someone have to be to actually believe that's what she intended to do? Like, really, really stupid.
You are agreeing with me

Old 04-12-2021, 06:03 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,496,163 times
interesting. i'm not seeing an air freshener either.

https://twitter.com/StanleyRoberts/s...37140418093056
Attached Thumbnails
More riots on the way - police shooting in Minneapolis suburb-eyzqmwtuuaes735.jpeg  

Old 04-12-2021, 06:03 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,215,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-guy View Post
Where is one supposed to hang air fresheners from?
In every form of media I have ever seen, air fresheners are hung from the rearview.
I put mine on the shifter or from the cigarette lighter jack. I have been pulled over one to many times, so I try to avoid it. It’s a dumb infraction imo.

Old 04-12-2021, 06:30 PM

4,883 posts, read 2,047,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Will this cop do prison time for her incompetence?
Most likely since the DA, for political reasons, will ensure that she is convicted of a felony charge of manslaughter in the second or third degree... But first degree is still possible.

She will have to do a minimum of one year and a day in prison to appease the anti-police public.

I’m not really for putting her in prison, since she destroyed her own life by this mistake that cost an individual’s life.

Well, good luck in getting people in Minnesota to volunteer in being cops.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:38 PM

8,179 posts, read 3,469,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
how in God's name do you mistake a gun for a taser ? And by a cop no less.
Not the first time it has happened.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I would guess that 99.9% of the stores that were destroyed and looted last night have donated to Black Lives Matter.

How's that going for them?
about as you'd expect...

Old 04-12-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Most likely since the DA, for political reasons, will ensure that she is convicted of a felony charge of manslaughter in the second or third degree... But first degree is still possible.

She will have to do a minimum of one year and a day in prison to appease the anti-police public.

I’m not really for putting her in prison, since she destroyed her own life by this mistake that cost an individual’s life.

particularly in brooklyn center.

BREAKING: Brooklyn Center City Council approves resolution banning crowd control tactics during protests, including rubber bullets & tear gas

apparently they're gonna try the 'give those who wish to destroy the space to do that' method a chance.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:57 PM

8,179 posts, read 3,469,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Wow, that's messed up.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post

She is a 26 year veteran on the force.
https://www.startribune.com/officer-...ran/600045243/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies