Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2021, 10:53 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,637,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
How you mistake a gun for a taser is mind numbing. Pulling someone over a having a air fresher is also stupid. What the hell is going on.
That didn't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 11:06 PM

5,052 posts, read 3,955,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
How you mistake a gun for a taser is mind numbing. Pulling someone over a having a air fresher is also stupid. What the hell is going on.
What is the source of the ‘pulled over for air freshener’ hoax?

Beyond that, one imagines in a moment of panicky haste the policewoman drew and fired her pistol rather than her stun gun. Very unusual but it has happened before:

HOW FREQUENTLY DOES THIS HAPPEN?
Experts agree this is a real but very rare occurrence that probably happens less than once a year nationwide. A 2012 article published in the monthly law journal of Americans for Effective Law Enforcement documented nine cases in which officers shot suspects with handguns when they said they meant to fire stun guns dating back to 2001.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...50d_story.html

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 04-12-2021 at 11:15 PM..

Old 04-12-2021, 11:12 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
What is the source of the ‘pulled over for air freshener’ hoax?
The Brooklyn Center Police Chief said today that the kid was pulled over for expired license plate tabs.

Then he added that, as the officer approached the vehicle, he noticed "something hanging from the mirror".

He never said the kid was pulled over due to the hangy-thing.

But some people on this forum don't rely on the facts.

The rely on the most extreme twists they can invent, that they think they can fool people into believing.

And, yes, these are the people who wonder why there is so much hate in the U.S. nowadays.

Old 04-12-2021, 11:51 PM

866 posts, read 319,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Why was it unnecessary to tase him. He was fighting and attempted to flee. Tasing seems perfectly reasonable to me.
Because the stop was not due to a public safety issue. As I said the situation could have ended differently if either person acted differently. Obviously if the deceased had not tried to run their would have been a different outcome. Also if the officer had simply issued a warning or citation things would have gone differently. Trying to arrest someone over unpaid violations is pretty pointless.

Old 04-13-2021, 12:01 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
about as you'd expect...
For, Law abiding citizens, all I have to say is get out of the crazy Minniapolis area, and if you move out of state, leave your insane Democrat Politics behind.

Old 04-13-2021, 12:07 AM

866 posts, read 319,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
Thankfully you aren't in charge. I don't want people speeding through my neighborhood, there's kids all over, families riding bikes. Going 10 over the speed limit can be very dangerous. Most if not all traffic laws are one way or another for safety reasons.

Easy solution to not getting a warrant for stupid minor things like speeding tickets. Handle your tickets. Pay it, show up to court to fight it. Or better yet don't get them to begin with. People get warrants when they've shown voluntary compliance doesn't work for them. It's a choice to get a warrant for petty things.

Or the cops can just neglect their job (enforcement of the law) and let someone go because hey it's not the end of the world. Then they crash into a family and kill them. And now it's look at how useless and incompetent the police are. They had the person and let them go.
You sound like the whiney people on my neighborhood Facebook page. As I said, distracted driving is far more dangerous.

Please keep your kids out of the street. I have 2 families on my street whose kids are always playing in the street. They love me. I'm attentive and drive 10-15MPH until I'm past them and within a couple miles of the speed limit within the neighborhood. Once I'm out on a main street or the Interstate I'm going to be going 45 in a 35 or 80 in a 65 IF IT IS SAFE TO DO SO. I've been pulled over 6 times late at night on empty streets and have zero tickets to show for it. It's amazing that being responsible and having common sense works so well. You would be lucky to have me in charge!

Old 04-13-2021, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Extremely bizarre, but they don’t care as long as because Trump isn’t the President. I’m really looking forward to seeing where the police defunding goes and when the social workers move in.
That's all they cared about, that Trump is gone. Now they turn their idiocy against their own Police force, that they hired and Trained in the first place. After one Democrat BLM riot after the next, after the lies of Jussie Smollet, the lies of the evil Covington High schoolers, the lies of Michael Brown the Gentle Thug, we can be assured, these people, Democrat Leadership, are so incredibly incompetent, or plain stupid, or Corrupt, that they don't have the ability to lead or learn

Old 04-13-2021, 12:25 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
That's all they cared about, that Trump is gone. Now they turn their idiocy against their own Police force, that they hired and Trained in the first place. After one Democrat BLM riot after the next, after the lies of Jussie Smollet, the lies of the evil Covington High schoolers, the lies of Michael Brown the Gentle Thug, we can be assured, these people, Democrat Leadership, are so incredibly incompetent, or plain stupid, or Corrupt, that they don't have the ability to lead or learn
and we have web giant google, among others, who want to hide it all..

amazing.
Attached Thumbnails
More riots on the way - police shooting in Minneapolis suburb-ey0lkmzwyaqxkud.png  

Old 04-13-2021, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
On the thread about that incident, we are pretending he was White of course.
When a cop shoots someone, they are White to Democrats and the Press they control. When an Islamic Terrorist shoots up a place and kills a bunch of people in a grocery store he is White, but never a Terrorist. When 90% of attacks on Asian people in this country is perpetrated by people other than White people, it's because of White Supremist Democrats and their Leftist leadership are indeed Insane

Old 04-13-2021, 12:38 AM

5,052 posts, read 3,955,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
Because the stop was not due to a public safety issue. As I said the situation could have ended differently if either person acted differently. Obviously if the deceased had not tried to run their would have been a different outcome. Also if the officer had simply issued a warning or citation things would have gone differently. Trying to arrest someone over unpaid violations is pretty pointless.
Was there a warrant outstanding for something rather innocuous (weed possession, traffic violation, etc.) OR something far more dangerous? Something that might have influenced the reaction of officers on the scene...

The one outstanding warrant for Wright's arrest, Hennepin County authorities confirmed, was issued after the young man failed to appear for a hearing on April 2. The court date was to deal with a gross misdemeanor charge dating to last summer, when Wright allegedly got caught carrying a pistol without a permit and fled from a peace officer.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/daunte...ener-violation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies