Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 07:30 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
What kind of officer grabs the wrong side arm?
A negligent one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2021, 07:30 PM

34,048 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
The Minnesota statue states “consciously” and is not just defined as negligence. How do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this officer consciously pulled her revolver, versus a mistakenly thinking it was her taser, in the heat of the moment. You would have to then believe that she new she had pulled her gun and intended shooting him, with the premeditated intent to cover her tracks my saying the word “taser” several times. I guess you must be a mind reader to know what she was thinking.
The state overcharged, and will lose the case.

Old 04-19-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
A negligent one.
negligent is not a substitute for consciously. A word in the statute itself.

The DA was also negligent in utilizing a charge he can't win on.

Old 04-19-2021, 08:37 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

Irrelevant to the question that was posed.

The DA knows how the word is used for these purposes.

Old 04-19-2021, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Irrelevant to the question that was posed.

The DA knows how the word is used for these purposes.
Words are not subjective. Plus it takes just one juror to hold every single word to its definition.

Potter will walk free, acquitted. As she should given the overcharging involved.

Old 04-19-2021, 09:28 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloCleaveland View Post
What are the charges against Chauvin?
Please see Jury instructions:

https://mncourts.gov/mncourtsgov/med...ns04192021.pdf

Old 04-20-2021, 06:26 AM

1,067 posts, read 623,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

Exactly.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:44 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloCleaveland View Post
Wasn't meant for you...but for the poster thinking he/him/her/she/it/none of the above cited the correct statute....which he/him/her/she/it/none of the above didn't.
How did anything to which I said not align with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
For the record, I didn't reply because I had work and couldn't reply. I actually HAD quoted the statutes earlier. You just chose not to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Do you know what Minnesota considers murder-2 and murder-3?
Murder-2: causes the death of a human being with intent to effect the death of that person or another, but without premeditation
Murder-3: without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life

You sure you want to still wager against a murder conviction? It really looks like Chauvin is guilty of murder-3 if not murder-2 as well.

I think that anything short of murder-3, may resort in riots. A murder-2 conviction, we may if anything see sports riots (which I find stupid.) A total acquittal will be an issue and we will see riots. If you thought Rodney King's were anything 29 years ago, we ain't seen nothing yet. Why, I point to the above.

How much video was shown with Zimmerman killing Trayvon? George Floyd's death has been shown on every news station and on YouTube. Chauvin is much more known than Zimmerman.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:47 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
And don’t fund them to rebuild. Let them live in the dumps they created.
Wo what percentage of the population of any urban center that is experiencing these 'riots' do you think are actively participating in the riots?

Do you have any idea?

Old 04-20-2021, 07:53 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Wo what percentage of the population of any urban center that is experiencing these 'riots' do you think are actively participating in the riots?

Do you have any idea?
Maybe between 15-25% tops. And that is live there. If you mean work or go there maybe 40% but I don't have data to support it. I think most people who go to riot don't typically frequent the businesses. Why, because they maybe known by workers or spotable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies