Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 02:11 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
"Nice try" when using a statement that concerns outside government parties dictating what goes inside my body?

We all know what works the best when someone is sick - quarantining. It's why you went home sick from school, it's why employers should have mandatory sick days, and it's why the best tip to feeling better is bed rest. All of sudden it's flipped and people are acting like we must get new rushed out vaccines annually, we must wear masks even though the help has proven to be negligible at best UNLESS you have a body suit or N95 suctioned to your face, we must have vaccine passports (which will lead to other things), etc.

We are going down a long dark road but people are too asleep to realize it and think we're going to "go back to normal". We are never going back to normal because people like you don't mind freedoms being stripped away. Before you know it, we will all be living in a world like that movie "Songbird" which came out in the middle of the plandemic last year. Health inspectors will come knocking at your door taking your temp whether you got the vaccine or not. It won't matter because it's all about one thing...CONTROL. If it was about people's health, then plenty of other drugs/antibiotics would be free for people too.
Nice try when trying to equate the choice of a woman over her own body versus the choice of people when it can affect any number of people in the population. So yeah, nice try.

And no, we are never going back to normal. Not because of people like me. But because of Covid. It's a virus that does what viruses do. It's extremely virulent and there are now variants because people didn't do what they needed to do to mitigate its spread to begin with. Or at least a large number of people didn't. So don't blame me for this. Covid isn't political. It doesn't care that it's not convenient. It does what it does until we stop giving it hosts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 02:13 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,650,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Other than the developers, FDA and CDC has said as much based on the fact that vaccines generally take 10 years to develop and be fully vetted before being approved to mass usage.
In a worldwide pandemic that has killed close to 3 million in a year, you want to wait ten years to makes sure a vaccine is ultra safe and will cause no allergic reaction and no pain in arm for few hours? Seriously? My notion you have to make intelligent bets. Far as I know, nobody has died from a covid vaccine, millions have died from covid. Even if the vaccine is worthless, you would be pretty stupid to refuse it when its offered for free.

But if you think its a plan by little green space aliens to take over the earth, then what can I say??? Just be careful and dont fall off the edge of the earth.

Old 04-12-2021, 02:14 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
1. Because I have an immune system.
2. I prefer to take care of my immune system with nutrition, vitamins and herbs.
3. The data on ivermectin shows that it works. If needed, I would take it.
4. No long term safety data on the covid vaccine.
5. I have an autoimmune disease.
5. My risk of dying from covid is extremely low.
7. The health authorities pushing the vaccine have lied to us and are not being totally honest.

Last edited by MissTerri; 04-12-2021 at 02:28 PM..

Old 04-12-2021, 02:17 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post

BTW, my body my choice was originally about abortion, which affected just the woman. My body my choice doesn't work when it comes to entire populations. Nice try though.
A life always ends when a woman has an abortion so it’s not just limited to her body. When someone is unvaccinated it may or may not lead to anyone else dying.

I’m pro-choice by the way for both abortion and vaccines but just noting the reality.

Old 04-12-2021, 02:19 PM

409 posts, read 872,722 times
Default Give it a rest already

I certainly was in no hurry to get the vaccine. I felt they were being rushed out way too fast. My own opinion, I don't have any documentation to back it up. I was very content to let others be guinea pigs. So I hung back and waited. So when I recently decided to get it, mainly out of fear of becoming a long hauler, an appointment was almost impossible to get.

To me its very tiresome to hear people and the government push these vaccines. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to get it but its unavailable. In my case it was pure dumb luck that I access the right website on the right day at the right time.

Old 04-12-2021, 02:26 PM

36,492 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
In a worldwide pandemic that has killed close to 3 million in a year, you want to wait ten years to makes sure a vaccine is ultra safe and will cause no allergic reaction and no pain in arm for few hours? Seriously? My notion you have to make intelligent bets. Far as I know, nobody has died from a covid vaccine, millions have died from covid. Even if the vaccine is worthless, you would be pretty stupid to refuse it when its offered for free.

But if you think its a plan by little green space aliens to take over the earth, then what can I say??? Just be careful and dont fall off the edge of the earth.
I didnt say anything about what I want.
The poster asked:Is there any reason you guys are saying they were rushed
I answered. its no secret that it was rushed and was an emergency approval. Was I wrong that FDA, CDC and developers said it was rushed as vaccines generally take 10 years to be fully vetted and approved?

Old 04-12-2021, 02:33 PM

7,234 posts, read 4,541,552 times
1. Because I have an immune system.
2. I prefer to take care of my immune system with nutrition, vitamins and herbs.
3. The data on ivermectin shows that it works. If needed it, I would take it.
4. No long term safety data on the covid vaccine.
5. More and more reports of people getting sick after having the vaccine, either break through serious covid or otherwise.
6. My risk of dying from covid is extremely low. I have 4 risk factors in my favor. Not obese, no metabolic syndrome, high vitamin D and O blood type - gender as well.
7. The health authorities pushing the vaccine have lied to us and are not being totally honest.
8. The health authorities have lied about the deaths from Covid. Real deaths are far lower than is being reported.
9. I believe I already had it. That tells me I can survive it and probably have some protection.
10. I still may get the vaccine but when there is sufficient data to form a reasonable judgment -- 9 or 10 months in.

Old 04-12-2021, 02:53 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,735,089 times
Knowing what I know from the span of my career, having worked on innumerable lawsuits against doctors and hospitals for medical malpractice, as well as product liability lawsuits against various pharmaceutical companies, I am waiting.

Plus, my own immune system handled Covid beautifully. No breathing issues, no lung issues, no long-term effects physically or mentally. It was like a mild case of the flu, for me. I have never taken a flu shot. The last time I was ill previously with the flu or any sickness that kept me at home, was in the late '80s.

Strictly health conscious, exercise daily, no drugs or alcohol at all (including pharmaceuticals), eat healthy mostly, take lots of supplements. Maybe it helped keep me well.

Old 04-12-2021, 04:45 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Half a million people in the ground, survivors with really unpleasant side effects, and I can decrease the risk of carrying something to some of the very nice people I associate with. On top of that, I can even do my modest bit to getting things open again, so... Personal benefit, benefit to those near me, and benefit to society at large. Got my poke on the first day I was eligible.
We agree, it's rare but we do.

Old 04-12-2021, 04:52 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I have had both shots and the second one about ten days ago so I am almost transitioned into the ranks of the protected Americans. I probably have another week before reaching my full immunity/protection. The main reason I took the vaccine is to mitigate the seriousness of the illness if I get infected. That is the primary benefit. I still might get infected with Covid but it will be a minor event. I might actually be contagious if that happens and might pass it on to someone else. If they have not been vaccinated they could have a more serious reaction - they might die. That is why we need everyone to be vaccinated. If we have massive vaccine compliance this thing will simply resemble a common cold.

I expect that we will have variants and will need yearly booster shots like we do for seasonal flu. I can live with that.

For the time being, I will continue to wear a mask in public and keep a save distance but I will be socializing more freely and going out more than I have -- restaurants and my local brewpub and maybe to an outdoor ball game of soccer game if they are managed properly. I am not ready to go to some indoor events.
I just about said the same thing and I was deleted for being off topic. That I got the vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies