Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 05:00 PM

8,044 posts, read 10,638,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
1. Because I have an immune system.
2. I prefer to take care of my immune system with nutrition, vitamins and herbs.
3. The data on ivermectin shows that it works. If needed, I would take it.
4. No long term safety data on the covid vaccine.
5. I have an autoimmune disease.
5. My risk of dying from covid is extremely low.
7. The health authorities pushing the vaccine have lied to us and are not being totally honest.
I'm with you - on every single point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 05:16 PM

1,200 posts, read 620,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I'm not getting the vaccine because getting a vaccine for a disease that has a 0.14% conditional mortality rate makes no statistical or logical sense to me. I likely live through higher risk factors each day.

Additionally, the fact that this vaccine is being pushed so hard by officials, and knowing that the disease's mortality rate is so low, is EXTREMELY suspect in my opinion. And if I were a conspiracy theorist... I might conclude that there may well be ulterior motives.
These are some of the reasons I refuse to get the vaccine. I also don't want to be an experiment since the vaccine is labeled as "experimental for emergencies"... Legally it is not a vaccine as when Moderna (as well as other pharm companies) filed it with the SEC they filed it using the words "gene therapy"..

MSM didn't affect me as far as making me feel fearful. I have done my research and the more I read the more I am against it.

That said, I do respect others who get the vaccine.

Old 04-12-2021, 05:16 PM

1,503 posts, read 607,806 times
mRNA vaccines (Pfizer/Moderna) are a big unknown.
Before 2020 none of the attempts worked due to serious side effects.
Safety is still not confirmed, with implications that mRNA vaccine can provoke MS (multiple sclerosis) to develop in a few years after vaccination; another concern is increasing chances of cancer.

Basically, mRNA vaccines is a wild and dangerous bet, with population used as Guinea pigs. Thank you, I'm not taking it.

I personally just signed up for J&J vaccine shot. It is tried-and-true with no serious short and, most importantly, long side effects Ad26 vector vaccine. Yes, it is not as effective as Russian Sputnik V, but US govt would rather kill all of us than admit that Russian science is superior.

And, by the way, Sputnik V (and J&J too) does protect from new virus strains, while mRNA do not.

Old 04-12-2021, 05:22 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
"Fatigue, loss of smell/taste, brain fog" - those aren't severe symptoms.
Fatigue can be debilitating. Brain fog can make it hard to function normally. Loss of smell and taste can lead to malnutrition. What you think or your bizarre definition of severe doesn't change fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
A vaccine in my neighbor's arm protects me too. These aren't new lessons at all.
You'd think people would know this by now. We not only have a viral pandemic, we have an epidemic of poor literacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Your seriously worried about someone becoming malnourished in 10 days. Just because you cant taste or smell doesn't mean you cant eat.
The loss of smell and taste can last for months - hence the term "long haul". The loss of taste and smell over long periods of time is proven to lead to malnutrition. But you know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Medical reasons - there is concern I will have a serious allergic reaction to it. My doctor and I have discussed the possibility of taking it in the hospital as I have had two brothers, and a nephew, along with extended family members die from Covid early in the pandemic. My boys both participated in the vaccine trials because it was so important to our family that one be found. I wish I could take it.
Wow. I am so sorry for your losses. I'm also grateful to your sons for participating in the trials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Their body-their choice
Abortion isn't contagious.

Old 04-12-2021, 05:25 PM

10,459 posts, read 4,042,712 times
I just think the vaccine is a bunch of BS, and the virus is nothing more than another flu. I don't get a flu shot and I have survived this long (I'm 43 now) so why would I get some other vaccine that I have a strong chance of surviving this thing all on my own?

But probably another main reason would be is that this looks to me like the set up of Mark of the Beast.

Old 04-12-2021, 05:26 PM

34,234 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Half a million people in the ground, survivors with really unpleasant side effects, and I can decrease the risk of carrying something to some of the very nice people I associate with. On top of that, I can even do my modest bit to getting things open again, so... Personal benefit, benefit to those near me, and benefit to society at large. Got my poke on the first day I was eligible.
The vast majority very old and/or already sick from serious illnesses. You can't live your life or base public policy on OUTLIERS. Then you'd never do things like drive a car, walk the streets, play contact sports, etc.

Stop being played by the Media and your holy Democrats. All control freaks.

Old 04-12-2021, 05:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
1. Increased susceptibility to future, more virulent variants.
2. Potential Antibody Dependant Enhancement.
3. Potential for Prion disease.
4. Major family history of serious & fatal adverse events after vaccination; my daughter died & son is permanently brain damaged & continues to need treatment for neuroinflammation & Immunodeficiency; caused by: Vaccines.
5. Manufacturers have been granted freedom from liability.

When $5 Million hits my vaccine-injured child's special needs trust fund; I will get the vaccine. His care has cost a loss of $5 Million for me & if I am injured/killed by this vaccine, my family will need financial support to care for him. Financial support that I didn't have; because The Herd only "taketh" ... never "giveth". I am a veteran of this game so many are willing to play. Be careful.

Old 04-12-2021, 05:33 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Fatigue can be debilitating. Brain fog can make it hard to function normally. Loss of smell and taste can lead to malnutrition. What you think or your bizarre definition of severe doesn't change fact.
Those are not severe symptoms. No matter how much you want to be a drama queen about it, doesn't change the fact.

And if there is a population who could embrace a side effect that stops you from eating, it would be Americans.

Old 04-12-2021, 05:39 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Those are not severe symptoms.
They are severe if they cause you to lose your job or otherwise prevent you from daily living activities.

I suggest you educate yourself about chronic fatigue and post-viral syndrome. Ignorance about or denial of fact does not negate the existence of fact.

Old 04-12-2021, 05:44 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
They are severe if they cause you to lose your job or otherwise prevent you from daily living activities.

I suggest you educate yourself about chronic fatigue and post-viral syndrome. Ignorance about or denial of fact does not negate the existence of fact.
Sigh.

Fatigue and chronic fatigue are two different things.

I suggest you educate yourself on the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies