Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 06:47 PM

7,817 posts, read 6,405,698 times

Advertisements

Reject this. Do not allow it. If they threaten to withhold tax funds then stop sending it to the government in the first place. Make your own government
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2021, 06:50 PM

7,817 posts, read 6,405,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post
In this thread: scared, fragile white people are worried about having to share a neighborhood with scary brown people because of their internalized hatred and racism.
We have brown people, but they’re middle class brown people who have kids who aren’t in gangs. They don’t want their property value hurt, either. A giant apartment building full of criminals would do just that.

Old 04-13-2021, 07:17 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,223,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
If the older residents are against it they have every right to be. These are people that have likely lived there their entire lives and love the neighborhood the way it is. They bought in, put down roots, and helped make that community what it is. What gives dementia joe the right to come in and tell them their neighborhood will change whether they like it or not? When you buy a home and a piece of property in this country you own it. This is why I despise HOAs. It’s my land, my property. I pay for it. I have the right to use my property as I see fit.

As for the last comment on duplexes shoved into single family neighborhoods, you really couldn’t the way my current street is setup. The lots are too narrow to allow for this without eliminating the already small backyards. I can literally go outside to my front balcony and spit and hit the house next to mine. Same on the other side. And my current house is a small 1,000 sq ft 3 bed 2.5 bath with an attached 1.5 car garage. In order to make houses here a duplex type scenario you would have to go up instead of out. 3 and 4 story buildings would also destroy the aesthetics of the neighborhood. It’s bad enough when I look out my window and see 50 other houses as it is and a small slice where I can see the local reservoir down the hill. Go taller and that view is gone completely.

Part of why I am so excited to go back to the country. Moving to a gorgeous 6 bed, 5 bath, 5500 sq ft home with a huge attached 2 car garage/barn on 24 acres where I can not see a single other house from my new house. You can have your cramped, overpopulated, over crowded urban/suburban hell. I am SO over this kind of lifestyle.
If you want to preserve the rural landscape, you would be against car dependent suburban sprawl. Suburban sprawl does an excellent job at eating up land that was formerly forests and agricultural areas. I have a mix of single family houses and semi detached houses on my street. There are narrow lots here as well.

There are ways to add additional housing in neighborhoods that goes along with the feel of the neighborhood. Obviously I don’t know your neighborhood, but I have seen this replicated in many areas that it doesn’t throw off the whole neighborhood aesthetic. I would never suggest upzoning single family housing in areas that are totally car dependent.

Btw, 1,000 sq ft and a 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom house? That seems like a lot of bedrooms and bathrooms for that square footage.

Old 04-13-2021, 07:30 PM

43,274 posts, read 18,419,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Reject this. Do not allow it. If they threaten to withhold tax funds then stop sending it to the government in the first place. Make your own government
They thought about that during the Obama administration...highway funds specifically but dropped it because they didn't think it would go over well.

Old 04-13-2021, 07:50 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,509,804 times
Quote:
In this thread: scared, fragile white people are worried about having to share a neighborhood with scary brown people because of their internalized hatred and racism.
The question is always the same if you're going to take out a huge loan to purchase a house or if you're purchasing outright. What is the value of the home and what is it most likely going to sell for 5, 10, 15, etc. years down the road. Most people tend to think of their home as a place to live but also as an investment, and they should considering they're buying a finite resource in land. I know that already pisses of the neo-Marxist. Why would anyone invest in a future home if they have no idea what's going in down the street at that vacant lot? And, no, I don't mean people. I mean something like a container house or maybe fur-wearing-horn-guy from Jan. 6th moves in and wants to erect a hut next door? I mean, it's saving space and it's diverse, is it not?

Old 04-13-2021, 08:15 PM

6,386 posts, read 4,849,980 times
Quote:
Or maybe it's because crime statistics, news reports, and personal experiences have shown them that they should avoid people who don't share a common culture, values, or morals.

Last edited by Futuremauian; 04-13-2021 at 08:27 PM..

Old 04-13-2021, 08:19 PM

16,579 posts, read 10,686,396 times
Quote:
Why is it that leftists always want to force the scared, fragile white people to live next to the scary brown people? Why can't the white people be left alone and allowed to live amongst their own kind, so maybe they won't be so scared any more?

Old 04-13-2021, 08:30 PM

32,835 posts, read 19,528,235 times
Quote:
what the f are you talking about.....I already live in a very diverse neighborhood … and diverse in many ways, not just by skin color, but by income/social status, and also by religion...

this thread is about stacking and packing people like sardines, or being able to have room to actually live

the only one with hatred and racist tendencies seems to be you... the appearances are certainly there

Old 04-13-2021, 08:45 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,496,273 times
Thankfully, we live in a rural zone area: R5A. That means one dwelling unit per 5 acres although the county is allowing some DADUs which I have yet to understand as it doubles the dwelling units. White folks are a super majority with one woman who is a brown medical professional. We are segregated by class and income, not race. Our neighborhood has transitioned from blue collar/white collar middle class to upper middle class professionals and entrepreneurs. Back in the day, we would have potlucks, trade veggies, ride horses. There are only 3 of us originals and we are not invited to their parties and no one has a veggie garden let alone horses.

The one good thing is that people maintain their properties and would fight any annexation to the city. Manufactured homes are allowed but the last raw parcel just sold. There are mainly large sprawling 5000 square foot stick built homes now and only 3 manufactured homes.

Personally, I don’t care if we have more POC moving in as long as they are friendly. But, in a county with 1.7% blacks and under 10% Hispanic, that won’t happen anytime soon.

Old 04-13-2021, 08:48 PM

63,043 posts, read 29,249,686 times
Quote:
Illegal alien brown people......well yes, I do object to them being in my neighborhood and there's nothing racist or hateful about it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies