Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 06:14 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
We'd get this virus behind us a lot faster if everyone would just wear a mask and get vaccinated.

Due to the large numbers of anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers, we're doomed to have this pandemic drag out in America for quite some time.
B.S.

Your people will NEVER voluntarily let this go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 06:29 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
I predict saving another virus appearing this time next year we will be back to a new normal e.g restaurants and schools open people taking vacations....

stay well
avoid sick contacts
mask
get vaccinated if it is safe for you.

Old 04-12-2021, 06:33 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I read it was akin to the bubonic plague, only worse. 100% mortality rate. Well, actually I didn't read that. But I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I did read it. We mustn't allow the heard to stop their self-destructive stampede. Variant Z93.7 will be here in a couple of years. Don't leave your home and don't forget to wear your mask in the shower.
Lol, I see what I you did there.

Old 04-12-2021, 06:42 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Btw, the South African variant was found to be 8 times more prevalent in fully vaccinated people than in the unvaccinated.https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idCAKBN2BX0JZ
No, it was not. They did not look at the entire vaccinated population. They looked at two groups of people with COVID-19, each 400 people. The South African variant was more common in the vaccinated than the unvaccinated.

As your own link states, however, The South African variant is not common in Israel, about 1% of all cases, the sample size is too small to extrapolate to all the vaccinated population.

"'We found a disproportionately higher rate of the South African variant among people vaccinated with a second dose, compared to the unvaccinated group. This means that the South African variant is able, to some extent, to break through the vaccine’s protection,' said Tel Aviv University’s Adi Stern.

The researchers cautioned, though, that the study only had a small sample size of people infected with the South African variant because of its rarity in Israel.

They also said the research was not intended to deduce overall vaccine effectiveness against any variant, since it only looked at people who had already tested positive for COVID-19, not at overall infection rates
."

In Israel almost all of cases overall are the UK variant, for which the Pfizer vaccine is effective. There are not large numbers of vaccinated people infected with the South African variant.

It's vaccination program is bringing them near herd immunity, with daily cases yesterday at 120, a seven day average at 240, daily deaths at 4, and seven day average of 8.

If you are going to cite a study please do not misrepresent the results.

Old 04-12-2021, 06:43 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Israel was opening up with only 50% of populace vaccinated.
Because cases went down.

Old 04-12-2021, 06:44 PM

26,494 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I used to work as an RN until my son was brain-damaged by a vaccine. Now I stay home & toilet a 6'5", 270 lb 17 year old for free. I've saved the taxpayers by providing $4 Million in uncompensated caregiving services & it's cost me $1 Million in lost wages!

I will mask. I will distance. I would NEVER go anywhere if I felt even slightly ill. But I won't take the vaccine.

Btw, the South African variant was found to be 8 times more prevalent in fully vaccinated people than in the unvaccinated.https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idCAKBN2BX0JZ

Since my son can't be vaccinated due to his diagnosis of isolated igm deficiency resulting from vaccine injury, I am worried about having him around vaccinated people who may be driving variants hyper-virulent. I think I'd rather have him around a sick, unvaccinated person (both masked) than a fully vaccinated (mrna) one.
I am sorry to hear about your son. I wish you the best.

Old 04-12-2021, 06:50 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I predict saving another virus appearing this time next year we will be back to a new normal e.g restaurants and schools open people taking vacations....

stay well
avoid sick contacts
mask
get vaccinated if it is safe for you.
There will be new strains and maybe new viruses, just like always. Even if they are no more dangerous than the sniffles, the Democrat left and the media will exaggerate them for the purpose of intentionally inciting mass panic and justifying 'emergency powers' and extraordinary control over people, as they have been doing non-stop over the last 14 months.

They are using this as a weapon to subdue the masses. This is all about establishing total control for them. This is just one element of a broader agenda. For example, the extraordinary weaponization of corporations to bully state legislatures into ceding their legislative power and the censorship of dissenting political voices on social media platforms.

Universities and leftist newspapers are also routinely "cancelling" anyone of note who does not eagerly support their agenda. Add to that the routine race riots in cities across the country, which Democrat governors and other leaders endorse, protect and enable. And of course their monstrous behavior during the Trump presidency.

They will not ever voluntarily let this go. And the covid restrictions are just one small piece of that.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:01 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I read it was akin to the bubonic plague, only worse. 100% mortality rate. Well, actually I didn't read that. But I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I did read it. We mustn't allow the heard to stop their self-destructive stampede. Variant Z93.7 will be here in a couple of years. Don't leave your home and don't forget to wear your mask in the shower.
Plague is very treatable with simple antibiotics. As a med student around 1974 we had a patient treated with one of the tetracyclines.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
There will be new strains and maybe new viruses, just like always. Even if they are no more dangerous than the sniffles, the Democrat left and the media will exaggerate them for the purpose of intentionally inciting mass panic and justifying 'emergency powers' and extraordinary control over people, as they have been doing non-stop over the last 14 months.

They are using this as a weapon to subdue the masses. This is all about establishing total control for them. This is just one element of a broader agenda. For example, the extraordinary weaponization of corporations to bully state legislatures into ceding their legislative power and the censorship of dissenting political voices on social media platforms.

Universities and leftist newspapers are also routinely "cancelling" anyone of note who does not eagerly support their agenda. Add to that the routine race riots in cities across the country, which Democrat governors and other leaders endorse, protect and enable. And of course their monstrous behavior during the Trump presidency.

They will not ever voluntarily let this go. And the covid restrictions are just one small piece of that.
The medical communities all over the world are worried about variants that bypass the vaccines. And especially worried about those that are more pathogenic. The larger the active virus pool in the world, the more chance of that sort of nasty evolution given time. These are very simple and basic medical concepts that most children would understand.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Yeah, please, let's get this information straight please.

I really don't want to start buying into the crazy but the desire for some people to see this virus turned into a the plague by these kind of proclamations is starting to make me wonder.

My kids schools have had dozens and dozens of cases, and not a single kid hasn't come back to school fully functioning. How deadly can it be?

Yes, I know OF people who died (no one directly, family members of friends), but I also know dozens of people who have had this virus ...a few people got pretty sick, like 3. They are now fine. Everyone else had mild to moderate flu like symptoms, that's it.

So yeah, it isn't a cold, but no, it isn't the plague.
Again, the plague is much easier to control than this viral Pandemic. With plague the method of transmission is much easier to control, and we already have many easy and simple antibiotic curatives. I've seen one case and heard about one other local case in 50 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies