Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 08:34 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
While following his explicit instructions to keep his hands outside the window. The officer gave conflicting orders and continued to shout both orders. There is no way to unfasten your seat belt, and open the door to get out of the vehicle while keeping your hands outside of the vehicle.

One would think that officers would be trained to give clear non contradictory commands.
Third time tonight I'll ask the cops here....are they not seeing my post or just not very smart? How can someone obey threatening commands to keep your hands up and open a damn door at the same time? please note my fairness to the officer in this case and all my other posts on these subjects before you rattle off you "cop hater" bs please. Let's see some humanity for a change as opposed to the ego crap. Tell me that the Shaver killing was somehow justified and wasn't a deadly game if Simon says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 08:37 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Nazarro refused to follow the officer's explicit instructions. ("Get out of the car")

One would think an Army officer would know how to obey an order.
one would think that anyone with an IQ above an eggplant would know you can't open a car door without putting you hands down. kind of a dangerous move to make when guys are pointing guns at you telling you not to put your hands down ya know

Old 04-12-2021, 08:52 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Tolerate? It's not a question of tolerating it, it's clear what happened. She made a deadly mistake. She will lose her job most likely, and her life will probably be ruined.

The point is that none of it would have happened if he allowed them to arrest him. Period. Cops have to be able to stop people from fleeing, or no one will comply. Period. Not debatable. Those points are not disputable to any grown up with an IQ over 60.

She intended to taze him, which she was fully justified doing. All evidence points to taht.

Unless you think she decided to pretend to want to taze someone but actually kill them because..I don't know, it's fun, or because here Klan chapter leader told her to do it, there's nothing to "tolerate".
She's going to prison. Involuntary Manslaughter.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:08 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
I’ve been saying this for years. All you have to do is be polite and respectful and listen to the officers instructions. If the officer asks you to stop. You stop. Simple as that.
But it's not that simple, especially when the cops are corrupt or racist. In a world where everything is perfect, or in your world that may be the case. There are just double standards when it comes to many of these situations, what applies to one group does not always applies to the other.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:51 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Third time tonight I'll ask the cops here....are they not seeing my post or just not very smart? How can someone obey threatening commands to keep your hands up and open a damn door at the same time? please note my fairness to the officer in this case and all my other posts on these subjects before you rattle off you "cop hater" bs please. Let's see some humanity for a change as opposed to the ego crap. Tell me that the Shaver killing was somehow justified and wasn't a deadly game if Simon says.
Hi dman, since no one else is saying anything, I will. I was going to answer earlier but since this thread is an utter crap show of misinformation, sometimes it’s best to just ignore it. Anyway, on a felony stop, one Officer gives the orders to the driver, the other Officers are cover. The orders are very specific “with your left hand and your left hand only...” followed up by “Slowly!” etc.. you get the idea. Multiple orders is a recipe for disaster. I know that after a pursuit, some guys run in, mistakes are made, I’ve see. It happen. The thing to remember is “what’s the rush?” You got him stopped, back up is coming, no need to charge in right away. Adrenaline sometimes wins the battle over patient thought and training. Just my 5 cents, I hope that answers your question.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:13 PM

795 posts, read 407,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
But it's not that simple, especially when the cops are corrupt or racist. In a world where everything is perfect, or in your world that may be the case. There are just double standards when it comes to many of these situations, what applies to one group does not always applies to the other.
But it totally does. Remember the golden rule. Do unto others as you would have done unto you. It costs nothing to be polite and courteous to law enforcement. They are just doing their jobs and trying to keep people safe. Doesn’t matter what color your skin is, your gender, your religion, none of it matters. If you are pulled over you simply say “what can I do for you officer?” Yes sir, no sir. Simple, polite, courteous. Guarantee the officer will respond in kind.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:37 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Why do we tolerate police killing someone just because they were fleeing
Why flee in the first place when you know you will probably get killed?
Oh, cuz of the arrest warrant for carrying a gun without license?

I say, good riddance. Another scumbag down.

And salute to the police officers!

Old 04-12-2021, 10:40 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
While fleeing a firearm is discharged...
Nice use of the passive, there. Not "an officer shot him while he was running away", nonono. That implicates the police and spoils the narrative. But "a firearm was discharged", why - that's hardly anyone's fault.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:47 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Because you’re not a police officer, and don’t have to pull over people with active warrants.

If criminals want to turn their traffic stop into a death sentence, that’s on them. But you’re being apprehended one way or another.
IMO, it’s a lot better.
Saves tax payers a lot of money in providing three hot meals a day, gym, library, internet, temp controlled housing, shower facilities, health care, and security for years when these criminals live in jails and prisons.

We work extremely hard to earn an honest living. I don’t want my tax dollars being spent on them convicted scumbags and thugs that mostly become more seasoned and more thick skinned in jails.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:47 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Don't resist. That's it. That's all one has to do.
Like this guy? The officer's defense, incidentally, was that he was aiming for the guy in the grey shirt. Who was holding a toy truck.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies