Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2021, 10:20 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Those who’s feelings he hurt consider him toxic. Biden isn’t a President for all. He’s a coddler and is going to pass out more free stuff than any POTUS in history, and then some. The entitled folks who got their feelings hurt love that. Problem is, giving an borrowing an endless amount of money away isn’t sustainable. Economics 101 proves that.
My feelings aren't hurt at all. I have voted for both parties. Trump going after people in his own administration because they dare to speak out against him is not what our country needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 10:21 PM

17,602 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My feelings aren't hurt at all. I have voted for both parties. Trump going after people in his own administration because they dare to speak out against him is not what our country needed.
No you haven’t. Lockdown Larry Hogan doesn’t count as a Republican.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:24 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo Pygmaeus View Post
The only "free stuff" the Democrats hand out would be taxpayer-funded bailouts, and the "entitled" are the finance sector. It was, after all, a Democrat (Clinton) who killed welfare and another Democrat (Obama) who tried to kill social security.

But, you're otherwise not too far off. My point this entire time has been that you can add "Trump Theater" to the list.
If you think Sleepy Joe and the gang aren’t going to give out free stuff to the entitled on a regular basis I again have some bad news for you, and let’s not forget muh reparations.

Except they still want him gone and they and his followers are infuriated by it. They’d trade him being gone versus “Trump Theater”...and thinking they’re capable of governing much beyond what I gave examples of, isn’t reality.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:25 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo Pygmaeus View Post
People were working hard, studying and staying out of trouble back in the "good old days" 100+ years ago, yet those problems existed, persisted and worsened until substantial reform was able to lessen them for a generation or two.
For the most part, people got out of poverty, as they do today. Newer, less educated residents replaced them, at the lower paid, less skilled jobs. Mobility is the American way.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:28 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
No you haven’t. Lockdown Larry Hogan doesn’t count as a Republican.
He is a moderate republican who appeals to everyone. This is why he was elected twice in a blue state. Not all of us are extremists. There are still many moderates who votes both parties.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:32 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old96 View Post
As a constitutional republican I would like to see someone else run.

Nikki Haley and desantis wold be my choices if they come to fruition.
uh oh -- Haley says she won't run if Trump runs...which implies an endorsement of him.......eeek....

Old 04-12-2021, 11:37 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Not afraid he would win, afraid he would lose and then pull another 1/6 since he can't ever tell the truth. Basically, convincing you to get rid of him is better for the country overall imo, but the political advice I'm giving you is sincere. Trump is toxic to the R brand.
Another 1/6, lol. You guys still act as if that was anywhere near the Democrat-supported months of widespread riots.

it wAs aN iNnSuRrEcTiOn!

Old 04-13-2021, 02:44 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
It's clear that Trump is completely toxic to the majority of the American people and will never win another national election. And yet something like 60-70% of Rs are still standing with Trump and saying he should run again.
"...how does it make sense to keep backing a loser? "

1. Wallowing in denial about this being a different USA than it was 60 or even 30 years ago.
2. Belief that Trump and only Trump can solve what's wrong with America.
3. Believe that traditional American values and ways of thinking are so great that there's no need to change them (put another way, The American Way of Life is so perfect that it speaks for itself).
4. "Sunk Cost Fallacy" - investing so much emotional energy in the one who is (supposedly) going to save this country by championing "convention, tradition, and common sense" that they refuse to shift their attentions to others with a better image than Trump (and especially too invested to question convention, tradition, and time-honored values, etc).

Old 04-13-2021, 03:12 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Given the nose dive the country is taking and that the dems have had to steal two of those three elections, they come across as the losers. Why support them?

Old 04-13-2021, 03:17 AM

33,312 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Sleepy Joe handled it, so anyone can handle it.
Trump has far thinner skin that Sleepy Joe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies