Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2021, 09:54 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo Pygmaeus View Post
It plays to their own base while keeping both sides distracted and at the other's throats. It's not like the party of Hollywood, Silicon Valley and Wall Street is low on cash to burn.
Lol. They wouldn’t spend the time, money, and effort if it played to their base...funny idea though, similar to you thinking they’re not governing but have no answer as to what you think they should be doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 09:59 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except he couldn’t have come back if he had lost the impeachment hearings.

Why would someone spend $40m, 4.5+ years, and 2 impeachment trials if they weren’t concerned?

You certainly have a right to that assumption/opinion.
I know you will never agree but Trump was toxic for our country. We need a president for all and not just their supporters.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I know you will never agree but Trump was toxic for our country. We need a president for all and not just their supporters.
Those who’s feelings he hurt consider him toxic. Biden isn’t a President for all. He’s a coddler and is going to pass out more free stuff than any POTUS in history, and then some. The entitled folks who got their feelings hurt love that. Problem is, giving an borrowing an endless amount of money away isn’t sustainable. Economics 101 proves that.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:06 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The drooling imbecile in the Oval Office now is only governing for the Democrat base. He hasn't done one single thing for the majority of the people who did not vote for him and he won't. On the other hand, he will bend over backwards for illegal aliens because those people will vote for him after they are given amnesty.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:06 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
No one is saying you have to support the left. What I'm saying is that if you want to see a right leaning agenda win future elections sticking with Trump is clearly going to hurt that objective.
Obama lost over 60 house seats and far more Senate seats in 2010, than the Republicans lost in 2018 and 2020 combined. Obama NEVER saw his party recover during his tenure. The GOP did fairly well in Congress in both 2018 and 2020 relative to how the party with POTUS usually fares. JB IMO will likely see his party lose far more seats in 2022 than the GOP did in 2018.

If getting to 50-50 in the Senate is the DNC high point, as a conservative, I adore their lowered expectations.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:08 PM

Quote:
How about addressing stagnant wages, crumbling infrastructure, lack of access to healthcare, nuclear arms race, ecological crises, poverty, wealth inequality, unemployment, etc.?
If you think they’re capable of that I have some bad news for you. The only thing they know is entitlement, cancel culture, passing out free stuff to the entitled, executive orders, defunding the police, etc... It buys them votes and that’s what they care about most....and let’s not forget Sleepy Joe bribed the country with a stimmy on the day of the election and then later set limits on it, but folks fell for it, lol.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:14 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
He didn't lose, but don't worry I am over it. 2022 should be a nice liberal bloodbath given the direction the Democrats have been going. Can't wait.
If you don't believe Trump lost then you're not "over it".

Old 04-12-2021, 10:14 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
How about addressing stagnant wages, crumbling infrastructure, lack of access to healthcare, the nuclear arms race, ecological crises, poverty, wealth inequality, unemployment, etc.?
Wages, healthcare, poverty, unemployment. NONE are short-term solution oriented. All require parents doing the right things, insuring kids do their homework, study, work hard, commit NO crimes, and realize post secondary education will be needed.

The knee jerk reaction liberals have to look for 30 second solutions to lifelong planning is a recipe for disaster. The knee jerk reaction liberals have not to accept individual personal responsibility is a recipe for disaster also.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:17 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
If you don't believe Trump lost then you're not "over it".
I can see you don’t want to talk about what your President and party is doing to the country . I also understand why.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:20 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Obama lost over 60 house seats and far more Senate seats in 2010, than the Republicans lost in 2018 and 2020 combined. Obama NEVER saw his party recover during his tenure. The GOP did fairly well in Congress in both 2018 and 2020 relative to how the party with POTUS usually fares. JB IMO will likely see his party lose far more seats in 2022 than the GOP did in 2018.

If getting to 50-50 in the Senate is the DNC high point, as a conservative, I adore their lowered expectations.
2018 was a 40 seat loss for GOP in the House, not sure I buy Ds losing that many in 2022, though with reapportionment and winning a couple seats the GOP should get enough to win back control of the House at least. I believe Ds will add to their 50 Senate seats in 2022 however (or at least keep control) based on the Senate map and number of GOP retirements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies