Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 07:59 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Maybe change 'religion' to 'morality'. You can have R without M and you certainly have M without R. Being moral is the important action.
This is true except you have to realize that for the masses, M has to be instilled via some vehicle. In the past, it was through religion but since many have now rejected religion, it has to be instilled via some other method. It still remains to be seen what that new method is but it is needed because a society with eroding morals becomes lawless and ultimately fails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2021, 07:59 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Mention God and you are a bigot homophobe.
Mention Family and you are racist.
Mention Country and you are a Nationalist xenophobe.

a snowball of social media self-perpetuating virtue signaling has pushed these values out of fashion.

I am not religious at all but I get how those values shaped the Country and got us through some tough times.
Response: Opinion

Thankyou for your competent thoughts.

Old 04-13-2021, 08:14 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Funny you say my post is nonsense but you claim the Left died. The Left is not only not dead but now control the Federal government, many state governments, almost all city governments, the media (both news and social), the entertainment industry, the educational system, corporate America, tech industry, the CDC, World Health Organization, etc.

The Left has pretty much successfully taken over. It is the Right that is (sadly) in retreat.
Response: Opinion

To the ammo pits by thunder
while readying the Whitworth.
Bring cause without a blunder
expelling evil from this earth.

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees..

Old 04-13-2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo Pygmaeus View Post
It seems like your primary concern is with the aforementioned gay flags on cruise missiles. I don't think it's particularly important in the grand scheme of things, all of this social liberalism is merely a smokescreen to try and obfuscate the fact that you live in an increasingly oligarchical society that's been slowly destroyed by the economic consensus of the last 40+ years.
No, the gay flags is not in itself my primary concern although that is an indication of how Leftward our society has moved. You are just guessing, and wrongly.

Funny you bring up oligarchical society and economic consensus. Two of the very things brought to you by the Left and their push for borderless, unadulterated globalism.

Old 04-13-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
It doesn't have to be the gay flags themselves, I'm just using the term as shorthand for any hollow socially liberal gesture.
You may think they are hollow but the Left is very much into gestures. Virtue signaling, identity politics, politically correct speech, etc. are all very big deals for the Left. People’s lives have been ruined by those “hollow” gestures.

Our whole society now is all about those gestures. From college enrollment to police chiefs selection to company presidents are all selected based on whether one fits into what the Left views as acceptable or not.

Quote:
The globalism you speak of is just modern capitalism, and it's been brought to you by Democrats and Republicans for decades. Carter, Reagan, the Bushes, Clinton, Obama and Trump were all neoliberal stooges with slightly different coats of paint. The left (particularly the labor movement) had to be destroyed in order for it to work, and the gay flags on cruise missiles are there to distract you from this.
That’s a very superficial and lazy way to summarize the past. There is a fine line between all-out globalism (pushed by the Left and Democrats) and being open to world trade but with strong protections for our own citizens.

The latter is what Trump was trying to accomplish because he saw how companies and jobs left the country for Mexico, China, India, etc. Trump saw what was not working and tried to fix it. So no, not all those presidents were “neoliberal stooges with slightly different coats of paint.”

Old 04-13-2021, 01:37 PM

5,981 posts, read 2,236,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberal insanity- you have it 180 degrees wrong.

Liberalism has targeted the three pillars of western civilization:

the church

the family

the middle class

All of the above three have provided the stability and setting for exceptionalism. It is not surprising that the Frankfurt School (a creation of Stalin) established liberalism in America and targeted those three institutions. Lack of moral discipline, some sense of morality, family support and nurturing, and decent paying jobs is what made America great. Liberals, of course, look to destroy all three and have effectively done so in larger urban areas.

Meanwhile, in MAGA land, we live a relatively crime free, prosperous, peaceful existence. Where I live, blacks and whites have been intermarrying for 250 years and there is no racial strife. When people identifiy themselves by a group or race, rather than as an individual, tribalism and trouble begins.
You keep saying "Liberalism has targeted the three pillars of western civilization" and I disagree completely for one big reason.

Each of the items listed was given away by conservatives or distorted to heck which is why these factors also fell for those that claim to be " White, Christian, and conservative".

Again the "Church" ruined itself how let's list the reasons:
Churchs becoming convention center-sized arenas full of the same greed, lies, and misuse of donated funds to fatten the pockets of pastors, preachers, churches, religions. Catholic church raping kids, Joel Olstein banishing flood victims, on and on and on did a better job of killing religion.

Not some random liberal politician on television that no one pays attention to. No people see it in their local community, especially in the south where there is a church on every corner that offers no help to the community just a place to pass a collection plate.

The Family
The idea of family in America has never made sense to me. The ideal Family structure when I was growing up (late 70's, 80's).

1) Raise kids until 18

2) Kick kids out at 18 (Male experience usually) or pressured to LEAVE out the home at 18 because apparently family ends at 18? And daddy cannot take "ANOTHER MAN" in his house talking back. Hence why military recruitment was higher amongst 18-year-olds until the 2000s.

3) Send old people to nursing homes and retirement centers so the "FAMILY" does not have to care for them. Also, make sure you use Medicaid money because the FAMILY should not be responsible for their family members

4) Divorce rates artificially low as husbands had to "sign or agree to divorce", women had little options to provide for kids post-divorce, public stigma was a big factor for women at this time going through divorce as well.

The Middle Class
Do you mean the middle class that has continued to shrink since the '80s? The same middle class that pleads to Conservatives across the Nation for help only to find deaf ears. When I look at an electoral map I see an ocean of red across the country, many controlled by republicans for 40+ years. Same shrinking middle classes, same poor infrastructures, same poor schools, same lack of community resources, as every crappy Liberal run city across the nation. You would have an argument if Conservative-run states were a bastion of middle-class society gleaming with opportunity and endless possibilities. Nope, it all looks the same and has the same problems.

All that LIBERAL BADDDD HHHHHAAA CONSERVATIVE GOOD CAuse I said so, crap is out the door. Everyone can open their eyes, travel the country, and see Conservative cities are just as difficult for the middle class and families and Liberal-run cities. Jacksonville is just as crappy as Miami, which has the same problems as Tampa. All run different, different parties in power, same issues.

Perhaps we should stop the fake gang war but I think most here are in too deep and cannot see past RED and BLUE. Bunch of lemmings all the time.

Old 04-13-2021, 03:07 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post

God
Over the recent years there has been an attack on Religion.
Media has portrayed Priests and the church as bad.

I disagree, and was raised Roman Catholic, and am a Fordham grad, btw. The best public relations firm in the world could not undo the damage people like Bernard Law did as Archbishop of Boston, and similar archbishops all over the nation. The RCC pedophilias themselves were far less damaging than the coverup, of shuffling them around. I knew of dozens in my county who preyed on additional victims at their 2nd, 3rd, even 4th assignments..after the church uncovered their 1st act of pedophilia. I am delighted it was exposed. I generally dislike the media, but the Boston Globe's coverage, which I read in 2002, not just after the movie, was what investigative journalism should always be about. Joe Friday, just the facts.

The coverup was of Nixon dimensions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies