Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2021, 10:17 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,801,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
It has been about 24 house since we got our J&J shots. I have had no reactions except for soreness at the shot location. My wife woke up during the night with the shakes, nausea and bad headache. She is feeling some better now, but she went back to bed to try to get some sleep. She now is freaking about the blood clots and the pausing of the shots. My brother and SIL cancelled their appointments to get the shot today due to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Too bad. Clots happened to 6 people out of over 6 million injections. Her risks are very, very minute compared to the benefit she will be getting. I hope she feels better soon.
Got the J&J Sunday. Had mild fever and chills, some body aches Sunday night into Monday. Feel much better today. Being a mid-50/male I'm not concerned about the clots. I have been taking low dosage aspirin as recommend by my doctor before the vaccine.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:21 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,461,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Obviously they have reason to believe it is much more than that.

They might have seen a spike in deaths once J&J was put into use.

There was a story about someone who had the J and J and allegedly got covid and is in the hospital after the vaccine. There was speculation that it wasn't covid... it was the vaccine.

I am betting that is why it was pulled.
They are being extremely cautious as a few patients have had unusual clots. Since we have the other vaccines, including the safer mRNA vaccines, there are other treatment choices now available. This is not uncommon in medicine, where a 'me too' drug for instance gets pulled if it seems to have more side effects down the road down compared to the other drugs in its class.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:22 AM

19,796 posts, read 9,331,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ok, so let's assume 25% have had it....that's 85million cases give or take.

That would be about a 0.6% death rate or about 6,000 out of 1 million.

I agree that many of those were people whose lives were shortened by months or just a few years due to things like cancer or heart failure etc.

It's a complicated discussion, sadly it has become political and at that point, the real super stupid emerges.
And THAT would be in line with The Diamond Princess 0.5% figure, on which I have based most (if not all) of my COVID posts for a over a year now.

Again, MOST people who have had COVID do not know that they have had it -- or at least if they had it in the first few months when testing was not widely available.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:22 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,461,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It’s hard to imagine what more the Biden administration could do to make people refuse to get vaccinated. Obviously they are trying to prolong the pandemic as long as they can, once again for purely political reasons. This decision will kill far more people than the 6 people who reported complications.

It’s more blood on the hands of Biden and his voters.
This of course was a medical decision, not a political one.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:28 AM

4,665 posts, read 3,858,543 times
Clotting with 6 cases out of 6.8 million Johnson and Johnson vaccines given. And yet they pause the vaccine which just proves how safe vaccines are. What other things would they actually pause if there was an incident with only 6 out of 6.8 million? Likely nothing.

Get your vaccine already folks. Your holding us back as a country.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:28 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
And when you pull out the group that has been really targeted by the virus - the over 70 group - the mortality rate plummets even further.
Thanks for the newsflash. Water is wet.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:29 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I know probably a dozen people who received the Moderna vax who've gotten pretty ill for about 24-72 hours after the second shot - 101+ fever, chills, headache, body aches, etc. After every single one they hear: "that's great! it just means the vaccine is working!!"

That is literally one of the stupidest things I've ever heard anyone say ... and I spend a large chunk of time reading posts here.
Correct.

It doesn't mean "the vaccine is working." It means your body is attacking this foreign virus with all its might and you can only hope and pray it doesn't trigger additional side affects. Not even Dr. Fraudy can predict what a humans response will be. This is not something you want to give to kids and pregnant women.

There is nothing "natural or normal" about the COVID vaccine. It's a "hail Mary booster shot" meant to decrease COVID symptoms. And it may never be FDA approved at this rate.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:30 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,275,010 times
I got the moderna one. For all the time I spend criticizing the elites I'm still a man of science... mRNA vaccines have been researched for a long time. There's a lot of conservative sites putting out misinformation about them. They are fine. If you get a reaction from them chances are you would have gotten a severe reaction from covid itself, or if you have an allergy to one of the ingredients well that's why they have you wait 15 minutes before leaving.

Anyways the J&J vaccines are fine. It's the Astro one that I wouldn't take... too high an incidence of clotting. Human beings are very bad with numbers... it's how the media can take things that are uncommon and make it sound like they are commonplace occurrences. They tend to peddle dirty laundry. 38,000 gun deaths per year when the population is 350,000,000. Do I need to mention how many abortions there are per year? The odds of a reaction from the vaccines approved in the US vaccines is SO LOW... nonetheless my father doesn't think he needs the vaccine. I'm not going to force the issue. People can do as they wish.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:35 AM

17,599 posts, read 6,890,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
This of course was a medical decision, not a political one.
If that were true, the EUA would have been revoked. It wasn't, and that's all we need to know to understand that this was 100% a political decision.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:35 AM

340 posts, read 123,865 times
SIX cases out of 7 milllion. The CDC and FDA wants to halt it out of caution, but I think it is important to just keep vaccinating people as COVID is worse. If the amount of people with blood clots keep rising, then we stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.