Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2021, 12:47 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,101,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
I think its even worse than you think. The UK vaccinated the high risk with just 1 shot and that reduced their covid death by 96%. - link1, link2

1. Seniors, especially in poor health, should stop taking unnecessary vaccine risk/side effects/death with the 2nd shot.

2. For non seniors, why risk death(keep scrolling down) or other serious injury(paralyzed) if 96% of death has been eliminated from vaccinating the high risk(folks over 65). And for virus with already a low risk of death.

3. There are good combination treatments available that have decades of use, but start with watching your sugar and getting your vitamin D up(blood test). link1 , link2

If the supplement haters would come off their mountain and tell folks to feed their immunity some vitamin D and C(according to our beloved Fauci, in a moment of weakness with Jennifer Garner), the vaccine would work even better. Supposedly Fauci takes 6000IU of D and up to 2 grams of C. You would think with his pull, he could get the UL changed on D since he isnt following it himself. And the only way to get 2 grams of C is with a supplement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Your body will produce vitamin D in amounts multiple times the RDA, just by getting out in the sun about 15 minutes or so, three times a week. Sure, that may not be possible for people in the middle of the winter. But it is not winter any more.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-d-from-sun

As far as vitamin C, anyone who has healthy eating habits is almost assuredly getting plenty of vitamin C from their food.

Trying to get all of these nutrients from supplements is the practice of people with unhealthy eating and living habits.
I agree, better to get vitamin D from the sun, Chris Kresser has a good article on this. Impossible to do above Tennessee in the winter though.
Your body limits vitamin C uptake, it passes through the intestine if you get too much, loose stool. However when you are sick, you can absorb crazy amounts.

Old 04-16-2021, 02:06 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,466,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It is and I think you know that it is.

Alt right is as far as I can tell, really only about race. It has been a way for the despicably deceitful smear mongers on the left to try to conflate "white supremacy" and racism with right-leaning Americans. And here you are, doing just that.

These sorts of rhetorical assaults are not benign, they are untruthful, despicably unprincipled, and hateful.

If you try to bully me like that again, do not be surprised if I respond by calling you a liar straight to your virtual face.
When I mention alt-right I mean that media, and those susceptible farther to the right to that media.

Old 04-16-2021, 02:48 PM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The inability to do a rational risk to benefit analysis is a characteristic of the anti-vax community. It tries to trivialize the disease and any adverse event after vaccination is taken as absolute proof the vaccine caused the event. Eight people having an unusual blood clotting problem after the J&J vaccine causes panic; the millions that did not get clots are ignored.
Exactly. The flip flop from Covid is just the flu and no one should worry about getting it to the vaccine is very dangerous by the same folks is astounding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What is unknown is how long immunity from having the disease will last, and you risk getting sick, sometimes very sick. Some infected people, even those considered low risk will die. Some survivors will have permanent disabilities from strokes, heart attacks, amputations, and lung scarring. People have needed lung transplants.

No need to put vaccine in quotes. It is a vaccine.

I had covid 4 months ago. Some chatter that I would be immune for 6 months so. Some say longer. Without having easy access to anti body testing I have no idea how much if any antibodies I would still have at this point. So getting the vaccine recently does make me less concerned about getting it again anytime soon.

I think that is what would be a big help. Some sort of at home antibody tester you do once a week or month and see how much protection you have.

Old 04-16-2021, 02:53 PM

4,944 posts, read 3,049,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We appreciate your great sacrifice.

Have you filled out an injury report for your Call of Duty team? Worth at least a purple heart if not a bronze star.

What about reparations?
I'm feeling self-entitled today, pardon the intentional satire.
Seriously though, I'm low risk and took a J&J jab; not for myself but all of you.
Even Trump was vaccinated, allegedly.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:16 PM

7,140 posts, read 4,738,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Exactly. The flip flop from Covid is just the flu and no one should worry about getting it to the vaccine is very dangerous by the same folks is astounding.

I had covid 4 months ago. Some chatter that I would be immune for 6 months so. Some say longer. Without having easy access to anti body testing I have no idea how much if any antibodies I would still have at this point. So getting the vaccine recently does make me less concerned about getting it again anytime soon.

I think that is what would be a big help. Some sort of at home antibody tester you do once a week or month and see how much protection you have.
You might be interested in this article which talks about this. I had covid months ago also so have been interested. Likely my immunity will last a long long time.

"But while the world has been preoccupied with antibodies, researchers have started to realise that there might be another form of immunity – one which, in some cases, has been lurking undetected in the body for years. An enigmatic type of white blood cell is gaining prominence. And though it hasn’t previously featured heavily in the public consciousness, it may well prove to be crucial in our fight against Covid-19. This could be the T cell’s big moment."
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...-from-covid-19

Old 04-16-2021, 04:20 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
What about reparations?
I'm feeling self-entitled today, pardon the intentional satire.
Seriously though, I'm low risk and took a J&J jab; not for myself but all of you.
Even Trump was vaccinated, allegedly.

Yeah, I have a picture of Trump getting the vaccine here:

(everyone lighten up, this is meant to be funny after a tough week for a lot of folks)

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/w...after-flooding

Old 04-16-2021, 04:21 PM

15,825 posts, read 6,534,658 times
The OP's message is exactly how the virus spreads. Low health risk is not the same as low carrier risk. The unselfish individual will get the vaccine in order to protect their friends and family, unless they have a known health risk from the vaccine ingredients.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:28 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The OP's message is exactly how the virus spreads. Low health risk is not the same as low carrier risk. The unselfish individual will get the vaccine in order to protect their friends and family, unless they have a known health risk from the vaccine ingredients.
I don't need you to pretend to base your medical decisions on an illness I may / may not get which also has a 99% recovery rate.

It's egotistic of you to describe yourself as "unselfish" when I'm not asking you to do anything on my behalf.

You do you, I'll do me.

Don't pretend you are doing me any favors as a way to virtue signal how awesome you are.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:31 PM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
You might be interested in this article which talks about this. I had covid months ago also so have been interested. Likely my immunity will last a long long time.

"But while the world has been preoccupied with antibodies, researchers have started to realise that there might be another form of immunity – one which, in some cases, has been lurking undetected in the body for years. An enigmatic type of white blood cell is gaining prominence. And though it hasn’t previously featured heavily in the public consciousness, it may well prove to be crucial in our fight against Covid-19. This could be the T cell’s big moment."
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...-from-covid-19
Natural immunity always seems better than vaccine immunity except in the case of covid it seems.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:33 PM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
I'll fully admit I'm selfish and got the vaccine to protect me.
I always think of me first before deciding to take any kind of chemical in my body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies