Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2021, 03:41 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
My term is based on the focused group of these medical misinformation mind altering messages. It is not the entire right, as they are not all listening, affected or medical/Pandemic deniers. I am certainly open to suggestions of a better or more explicit term term.
There is no term that I am aware of. First of all, some of the information you have openly objected to is not misinformation, it is just information that you do not agree with. As far as the "mind altering messages," perhaps you mean any information that might result in people thinking independent thoughts that deviate from the orthodox thinking that you approve of. I am not aware of any way to stop that, other than a population-wide, lockdown mind-control agenda that would make Xi Jinping blush. But it sounds like you might be open to it.

As far as medical/Pandemic "deniers," this is another term that is loaded with racial invective, even if you do not know it. I am telling you now, so if we chat about this again, next time you clearly will know it.

A couple of things about the use of the term "deniers". First, I am not aware of anyone who denies the existence of the virus, or that it makes people sick, or that it has killed a substantial number of people (although less than the number that I have seen you quote). So that is just not honestly a thing. Second, this term has frequently been associated with the term "holocaust deniers," which implies Nazi associations. People who disagree with you are not Nazis any more than they are racists.

If what you actually mean is that some people are refusing to unconditionally accept the entirety of the current Covid-19 orthodoxy, as approved by people who think like you, then perhaps a term like 'covid orthodoxy doubter' or something like that.

To the extent that you truly believe that you and people who agree with you are the arbiters of all truth on information related to this virus, and that anyone who dares to form different observations and conclusions is a racist, or a Nazi, or anything along those lines, then maybe we need to talk about the topics of arrogance and delusion again. You or those who you agree with are not the arbiters of all truth on this topic or any other. You are wrong on a number of points. And you have been pretty aggressive in pushing a narrow and in many cases a very questionable and sometimes dubious orthodoxy that smacks of a partisan political agenda.

If you disagree with any of that, then fine, we can agree to disagree. But nothing I have said here is "misinformation," regardless of how you try to spin it.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 04-22-2021 at 04:02 PM..

Old 04-22-2021, 03:42 PM

4,666 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
It certainly is. Just like the politically based and uncoordinated alt-right medical disinformation campaign that tries its best to confuse and obfuscate while trying its ineffective best while going against the orthodox medical recommendations.
If you want to see obfuscation and to be confused, try to keep up with Fauci's positions or the CDC's positions. What you're calling a "disinformation campaign" has had a clear message the entire time: "this is a virus where the risk is clearly stratified by age and to a lesser extent metabolic health, and we should protect the vulnerable while going about our lives, since we don't want the cure to be worse than the disease."

All the horses*** about double masking, wiping down groceries, vaccinating young children, racism is the real virus, variants of concern, and on and on and on, has either come from your venerated "orthodox medical recommendations," or has not been rejected by the gatekeepers of these recommendations, as it would have been, had sanity prevailed.

Here's a tweet that incisively skewers this sad state of affairs:

https://twitter.com/cliftonaduncan/s...67758336475140

Last edited by tribecavsbrowns; 04-22-2021 at 03:59 PM..

Old 04-22-2021, 04:38 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Absolutely.

Science is based on observation, study and time.

So please explain the "science is settled" movement. They've been screaming from the rooftops, through the MSM and all the alphabet agencies regarding multiple fields of science that "science is settled." And that anyone who dares ask for more data or even asks a question about existing data is some sort of moron conspiracy theorist. Instead of realizing that asking questions? Is what science is all about.
It is OK to question existing data, but you have to show your work. Provide evidence that your "data" are better.

Some of the COVID-19 "data" are settled. It is settled that it is caused by a virus, SARS-CoV-2. It was initially thought to be a respiratory infection. Then data were developed that it infects virtually every organ. That is now settled science.

It degenerates into conspiracy theory when, in the absence of real data to question the existing data people claim that the "elites" are out to prolong recovery from the coronavirus situation for nefarious purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I am not against vaccines. I have had quite a few. For example, I am glad I got the smallpox and tuberculosis vaccines.

With regards to this virus, the hyperbole and misinformation that has been put out by our government, including elected officials and also the CDC, and also the corporate media has been a demonstration in how political this whole exercise has been. The corporate media and other elements have proactively sought to incite mass panic going back to the beginning. It has been a shocking disgrace.

The virus does not care about politics, but the people that are leveraging it to help pushing their various control agendas sure do.
When and where did you get a TB vaccine? The US has never routinely used it.

Smallpox has been eradicated from the face of the earth. Your risk of exposure is zero unless you were to work in a lab handling it.

Your risk of getting the coronavirus and getting severely ill is infinitely greater than a risk of TB or smallpox.

Obviously the government response to the pandemic has been dismal, starting with failure to maintain a stockpile of PPE and the problems with being unable to test for the virus. I do not agree that there has been a wholesale effort "incite mass panic". That is pure conspiracy theory.

Old 04-22-2021, 04:53 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
There is no term that I am aware of. First of all, some of the information you have openly objected to is not misinformation, it is just information that you do not agree with. As far as the "mind altering messages," perhaps you mean any information that might result in people thinking independent thoughts that deviate from the orthodox thinking that you approve of. I am not aware of any way to stop that, other than a population-wide, lockdown mind-control agenda that would make Xi Jinping blush. But it sounds like you might be open to it.

As far as medical/Pandemic "deniers," this is another term that is loaded with racial invective, even if you do not know it. I am telling you now, so if we chat about this again, next time you clearly will know it.

A couple of things about the use of the term "deniers". First, I am not aware of anyone who denies the existence of the virus, or that it makes people sick, or that it has killed a substantial number of people (although less than the number that I have seen you quote). So that is just not honestly a thing. Second, this term has frequently been associated with the term "holocaust deniers," which implies Nazi associations. People who disagree with you are not Nazis any more than they are racists.

If what you actually mean is that some people are refusing to unconditionally accept the entirety of the current Covid-19 orthodoxy, as approved by people who think like you, then perhaps a term like 'covid orthodoxy doubter' or something like that.

To the extent that you truly believe that you and people who agree with you are the arbiters of all truth on information related to this virus, and that anyone who dares to form different observations and conclusions is a racist, or a Nazi, or anything along those lines, then maybe we need to talk about the topics of arrogance and delusion again. You or those who you agree with are not the arbiters of all truth on this topic or any other. You are wrong on a number of points. And you have been pretty aggressive in pushing a narrow and in many cases a very questionable and sometimes dubious orthodoxy that smacks of a partisan political agenda.

If you disagree with any of that, then fine, we can agree to disagree. But nothing I have said here is "misinformation," regardless of how you try to spin it.
Oh it is definitely medical misinformation, intentional and political directed. I consider it my duty to call it out and inform people of their medical best interests. It remains up to the individual to take my recommendation or stuff it. I'm thinking a change to alt-rightmedicalmisinormation.org.

Old 04-22-2021, 04:55 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrcollie View Post
As for private employers, that's a whole different story and different issue.

Not a different story or issue if they are enacting such policies by proxy for the government(like the mask crap) and its coming.

Old 04-22-2021, 04:58 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
If you want to see obfuscation and to be confused, try to keep up with Fauci's positions or the CDC's positions. What you're calling a "disinformation campaign" has had a clear message the entire time: "this is a virus where the risk is clearly stratified by age and to a lesser extent metabolic health, and we should protect the vulnerable while going about our lives, since we don't want the cure to be worse than the disease."

All the horses*** about double masking, wiping down groceries, vaccinating young children, racism is the real virus, variants of concern, and on and on and on, has either come from your venerated "orthodox medical recommendations," or has not been rejected by the gatekeepers of these recommendations, as it would have been, had sanity prevailed.

Here's a tweet that incisively skewers this sad state of affairs:

https://twitter.com/cliftonaduncan/s...67758336475140
Central management is necessary but very difficult in Pandemic. Especially in such free countries as the USA.
The risks of every citizen is different, and those risks are ever changing, based on so many medical and epidemiological related factors. So recommendations have to change as the Pandemic evolves in a different manner everywhere. And recommendations also will change as we learn more about the risks, the virus and its treatment.

Old 04-23-2021, 03:25 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Yep. Stop telling everyone how much YOU want them to ... you know what. Because that's what you believe.

Leave others alone. They can make their own decisions. Or is that too political? Making your own decisions?
And this advocacy of your newfound restraint will apply to women's reproductive rights, newtovenice?

Old 04-23-2021, 03:42 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
And this advocacy of your newfound restraint will apply to women's reproductive rights, newtovenice?
Women have "reproductive rights". They have access to healthcare at all levels. They are free to have sex with 5,000,000 other people if they so choose. They have 100% access to free and low cost BC as consumers.

Abortion is not healthcare. It doesn't cure an illness, it forces a procedure on another human that kills him or her.

Mandatory vaccines force YOUR selfish behavior on others. Abortions, which are by nature selfish, force a procedure that KILLS on others without their consent.

Logic is in alignment. Nice fail.

Don't derail the thread. Selfish is not a medical strategy to cure anything.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:12 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Women have "reproductive rights". They have access to healthcare at all levels. They are free to have sex with 5,000,000 other people if they so choose. They have 100% access to free and low cost BC as consumers.

Abortion is not healthcare. It doesn't cure an illness, it forces a procedure on another human that kills him or her.

Mandatory vaccines force YOUR selfish behavior on others. Abortions, which are by nature selfish, force a procedure that KILLS on others without their consent.

Logic is in alignment. Nice fail.

Don't derail the thread. Selfish is not a medical strategy to cure anything.
Struck a nerve, did I?

Do you ever pause to hear yourself?

Last edited by corpgypsy; 04-23-2021 at 05:34 AM.. Reason: completed a phrase that was mangled/deleted upon posting.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:35 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
It’s completely unacceptable and for any doctor to suggest young people get an unnecessary experimental vaccine is a violation of their oath. Every single person I’ve known who had the two shot mRNA vaccines including my dad (who should have got it, good for him) said the side effects and sickness “are the worst ever.” One young woman we know has been weakened for 2 weeks now after her second shot, she just hadn’t gotten better yet. I have ZERO interest in any of this nonsense. I had Coronasniffles, it was extremely weak, as it is in anyone who is under 45 and healthy. It has killed virtually nobody healthy under 40. Of the alleged 565K deaths or whatever it is now, 8,000 were in people under 40! And of those, 5,800 were in their 30s. So why people would pressure my wife who is 27 to get an experimental vaccine is asinine.

Ultimately speaking someone tries to tell me what to do with my body, they get a peace of my mind. Unlike most fat Americans, I spend 10 hours a week working out and staying in peak shape. My immune system can handle what’s thrown at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies