Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2021, 09:55 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Do you think I really care if some faceless stranger doesn’t believe my intentions? I have personal friends with kids that have certain diseases that if I passed the virus to them it would not be good. Getting the vaccine greatly reduces that chance of transmitting it. I know it must be hard for you to wrap your head around the concept of doing things for the benefit of others.
I dont care that you dont care.
Now what about the fact that you are acting on an emotional level?

Old 04-25-2021, 09:56 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Do you think I really care if some faceless stranger doesn’t believe my intentions? I have personal friends with kids that have certain diseases that if I passed the virus to them it would not be good. Getting the vaccine greatly reduces that chance of transmitting it. I know it must be hard for you to wrap your head around the concept of doing things for the benefit of others.
If there are people who will die from being around others they need to take precautions to protect THEMSELVES.

It's called personally responsibility.

I know that's a hard concept to grasp these days. I cannot imagine why any parent would put the health of their children in some random person's hands, but that's me. I'd think they would protect them first, then worry about what everyone is doing or not doing.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:56 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Stunning retort.

Blah blah blah is not an argument.

The vaccine is experimental. No way around that.

If you want to be part of the largest clinical trial in the world, that's a choice.

If you don't want to be part of the largest clinical trial in the world, that's another choice.

Everyone should have the right to choose.

Don't you agree?
Of course I agree that you have the right to choose. I’ve said many times it should not be demanded.

This experimental argument has nit teeth because we have 1 year of safety and efficacy data and we have real world proof that the vaccine is working with extremely rare adverse reactions.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:58 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Of course I agree that you have the right to choose. I’ve said many times it should not be demanded.

This experimental argument has nit teeth because we have 1 year of safety and efficacy data and we have real world proof that the vaccine is working with extremely rare adverse reactions.
1 year is not long-term follow-up.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
If there are people who will die from being around others they need to take precautions to protect THEMSELVES.

It's called personally responsibility.

I know that's a hard concept to grasp these days. I cannot imagine why any parent would put the health of their children in some random person's hands, but that's me. I'd think they would protect them first, then worry about what everyone is doing or not doing.
Lol that’s hilarious. That’s not how this virus works and you cannot expect people to live in a bubble. I can pass it to my friend and he passes it to his child. It doesn’t matter how responsible you think a person can be, the virus doesn’t care and can easily be transmitted even when you think you are bing super careful.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
1 year is not long-term follow-up.
Of course long term for you is probably 20 years. Fact that you cannot dispute is that the vaccine works. And if this were Ebola killing 5 in 10 people I would guarantee nobody would care whether it’s experimental or not.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I dont care that you dont care.
Now what about the fact that you are acting on an emotional level?
Yeah if I am so what? What’s the big deal? I’m afraid to pass it to someone I care about, how is that a bad thing? I know, I know caring about someone is hard for you to understand. I get it.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:11 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
Yeah if I am so what? What’s the big deal? I’m afraid to pass it to someone I care about, how is that a bad thing? I know, I know caring about someone is hard for you to understand. I get it.
Aside from War, Pandemics nust be the Libertarians worst nightmare.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Ask the Miami doctor how he feels about the vaccine. Oh, wait, you can’t because he is dead.
Terrible argument.
If being scared of death is a reason not to take the vaccine then maybe you shouldn’t be driving a car.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:20 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,722 times
It requires 80% of the population vaccinated, at the least, to achieve herd immunity. Otherwise, COVID outbreaks that kill thousands will continue to occur, mutations that lead to variants that the vaccine is ineffective against will continue to bubble up and cause infection and death among the vaccinated and unvaccinated.

I simply do not understand why so many are so opposed to getting the vaccine. Yes, it has some minimal risks and unknown long-term effects, but of the president of the US and other heads of state are getting the vaccine, I think that tells you something. Furthermore, the risk of death or disease from COVID is several orders of magnitude higher than any risks the vaccine poses.

The people who are so desperate for things to go back to normal are often the same ones who don’t want to wear a mask or take the vaccine. Why is that, I wonder?

If you really want things to go back to normal, listen to the CDC and other health authorities; not Facebook or your fave YouTuber, or some hyper partisan online “news” site that is pure editorial and distortion of the facts.

Wear a mask, stay home unless you need to go out, and get the vaccine. The sooner everyone does this, the sooner this nightmare will end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies