Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2021, 06:50 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Strawman fallacy. I never said others fears are irrational. nice try though.
Blatant dishonesty; You have repeatedly

Old 04-26-2021, 06:52 AM

43,090 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
We don't track that, so we don't know.

Many years ago, one of my uncles in his 60s, got a cold. During his cold he got a stroke and died. Of course, no one linked the stroke to the cold. But if it was Covid19, it would be linked. His immune response probably led to his stroke, from his infection.

With Covid19, a good % of those cases are in extremely unhealthy people.
Obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes and heart problems are the 4 big ones.

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...spitalizations

Old 04-26-2021, 06:55 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Well, the vaccine is not FDA approved, that’s all you need to know about it’s legitimacy.

The FDA cannot in good conscious approve an experiment that’s known to kill you.

30% of US troops have refused the vaccine, and not even the military is dumb enough to kick them out over it.

This is not a vaccine, vaccines work. This only helps decrease your chance of developing covid symptoms, which was already low unless you’re obese.
Multiple countries have shown decreases in new infections, hospitalizations, and death. Israel has showing a 90% decrease in new infections. This is real world data showing us that the vaccines are indeed working. You've made nothing but false baseless claims. If you really think this vaccine is not working then show us the data please.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:55 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,574,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Also, none of the people in the Pfizer trial who received the placebo died of COVID. No protection, but not one death. Huh.
I'm baffled as to what point you're attempting to make here.

Are you seriously suggesting nobody is at risk of dying from covid without protection?

Old 04-26-2021, 06:56 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The more were learning about the vaccines the more were learning about the dangers for low risk individuals to get it for short term effects (especially with women) and unknown long term effects of mRNA.

Please stop with the cause that everyone needs to get it because its misleading that these are safe long term for everyone. Yes, if you feel youre at risk get it and protect yourself but dont force the low risk individuals into getting for selfishness of the greater good.
Maybe a little selfish to want others to do things that will reduce danger for everyone, but in that context "selfish" is not necessarily a bad trait.

Let's look at the same question from another perspective:

Is it selfish to refuse to get vaccinated, when you know that it helps to solve the greater problem? To me, it's like the people who litter. They say "what's a little trash on the roadside, I'm just one person". But it ignores the collective effect of everyone 'doing the right thing'.

I don't mean this as an accusation or provocative comment. What are your thoughts? Let's ask from multiple perspectives and try to understand where our fellow citizens are coming from.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:57 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,508,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What I've come to realize is that we should be looking at the. severe devotion? obsession? with thinking the world's going to die if 1) people don't wear masks 2) people don't stand apart and 3) people don't get 1 of 3 vaccines that have not been fully tested, have no long term safety or efficacy data and aren't yet approved.

All for a virus that has a 99% recovery rate. IF YOU EVEN GET SICK. Most people are not sick.

The facts are clear -- the vast majority of the population has ZERO to worry about.

Yet people are systematically terrified. And you have people demanding, screaming, berating, harassing others about it 24.7.365.

Why? What is the motivation?

THAT is what should be studied. The sheer level of fear propaganda and who is funding it.
Yeah, and the censorship on social media if you bring any of the above up.

Others may want to check their state stats which may be enlightening too. My state is one of the unhealthiest in the nation with many risk factors. Nothing to be proud of, but I found this to be interesting. Obesity is by far the worst thing for your health (even worse than smoking) and we are #2 in the nation with 39.7% residents obese (not just a bit overweight). We are #1 in the nation for the most smokers at almost 24% of the population.

Even with all of those health risks the average age for a Covid death in the state is 77 years old. That average (about the same today) was from 11/20 before the vaccine was available.

77 IMO is pretty good. Sure, many live longer but I hope I can live that long.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:58 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
mRNA is just a message that tells cells how to make proteins that trigger the immune response inside the body. That's all it is. There are no "long term side effects" from telling a cell how to make a protein. Maybe you should understand how things really work before making such baseless false claims.
It’s way more complicated than that. You have no idea about long term impacts.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Well, the vaccine is not FDA approved, that’s all you need to know about it’s legitimacy.

The FDA cannot in good conscious approve an experiment that’s known to kill you.
Again this ridiculous red herring.

We both know quite well that when FDA gives full approval to these vaccines you'll no longer be interested in said approval as a benchmark for safety, and will instead move onto some other silly talking point.

Quote:
This is not a vaccine, vaccines work. This only helps decrease your chance of developing covid symptoms, which was already low unless you’re obese.
This is false, no vaccine is 100%.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:59 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
IMO you got it because you thought you might get real sick or die if you caught it. ONLY THEN did you consider it everyone else's "civic duty" to get it. I know dozens of you.

An unvaccinated person is more likely to catch it from a vaccinated person, than give it to a vaccinated person who has a 91% chance of being spared by the vaccine on top of the 97% chance of being spared by their own immune system, so I'm wondering where the idea of it being selfish to refuse the vaccine comes from?
Your opinion is wrong. I'm young so my chance of dying is extremely low, but thanks for your unsolicited worthless opinion.

And your other opinion is false and baseless. Where in the world is there any evidence that an unvaccinated person is more likely to catch it from a vaccinated person?

Old 04-26-2021, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It’s way more complicated than that. You have no idea about long term impacts.
Yeah the people injected with mRNA vaccines back when Bush was president have since turned into newts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies