Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2021, 10:05 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
BTW, last night on the news an immunologist from Johns Hopkins stated based on studies he is seeing, he doesn't believe people who have had Covid even need the vaccine. He believes their natural immunity will be enough. We have speculated on that issue here even. Though that goes one step further than what you are saying.

I think there is a LOT more to come out and I think his opinion is valid too. Johns Hopkins is one of the most respected medical universities in the country.
The first confirmed case of double Covid19 in the USA was a 25 year old man back in October 12th. Before, everything was just rumors.

One confirmed case in something like 20-25 million confirmed cases in the USA. These are numbers are far better than pfizer's 95%.

Old 04-28-2021, 10:06 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Sometimes over time the serendipity of worldly matters and developments work against us, and we have to do what is necessary, but not desirable. Pandemic and Wars.
Get over yourself. There is a misguided arrogance that emanates quite strongly from your posts.

It is no more desirable for us to abandon our freedom to a medical tyranny - which you have been an outspoken promoter and a cheerleader for with posts like that one - than it is for us to abandon our freedom to a military tyranny.

No.

Old 04-28-2021, 10:09 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Everyone is out to protect themselves in this. Not just you.

If someone gets a reaction to a vaccine or worse, it won't be you picking up the pieces.
Everyone should always be out protecting themselves. As this is our nature. But we all have altruism even before patriotism, and with Pandemics that altruism should expand. It should expand because the only way out of the Pandemic is the vaccines. The fewer vaccinated, the less chance of beating it.

As a doc I would much rather be in a place picking up the few vaccine related pieces than the multitudes of Pandemic.

Old 04-28-2021, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Taking that second shot isn't necessary or desirable for you, though, correct? That business of "reducing the viral pool" doesn't apply there, correct?
Also, if he believed the vaccine was safe, why not get the 2nd dose? Soon pfizer will be recommending a third, and from here boosters are in the works. Will he bypass them as well?

As I understand from what he said, he had many of the similar Covid symptoms from his 1st injection. This goes to show you, it was his immune system going haywire causing him his symptoms, and he knows a 2nd shot could provoke another reaction, maybe worse.

And this is the thing, when we provoke our immune system we just don't know what will happen. Spike proteins generated by the vaccines can get in our blood and cause clotting just like infection from Covid can.

Old 04-28-2021, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Taking that second shot isn't necessary or desirable for you, though, correct? That business of "reducing the viral pool" doesn't apply there, correct?
I've been in Covid 19 recovered patient studies, so I knew I was immune before jab #1.

There is more stuff coming out.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

Old 04-28-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Get over yourself. There is a misguided arrogance that emanates quite strongly from your posts.

It is no more desirable for us to abandon our freedom to a medical tyranny - which you have been an outspoken promoter and a cheerleader for with posts like that one - than it is for us to abandon our freedom to a military tyranny.

No.
I understand the difficulty Libertarians have with Wars and Pandemics. The USA has been a proven winner for a century.

Old 04-28-2021, 10:16 AM

Quote:
I've been in Covid 19 recovered patient studies, so I knew I was immune before jab #1.

There is more stuff coming out.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm
We should probably do what Europe is doing, proven Covid infection is good enough as the vaccine.

Also before the vaccine, people should be screened for prior immunity. If they're already immune, no need to be vaccinated.

Old 04-28-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
We should probably do what Europe is doing, proven Covid infection is good enough as the vaccine.

Also before the vaccine, people should be screened for prior immunity. If they're already immune, no need to be vaccinated.
Good idea if and where supplies were/are short. But testing is too cumbersome, expensive, and not so easily applicable to large populations.

Old 04-28-2021, 10:29 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
I understand the difficulty Libertarians have with Wars and Pandemics. The USA has been a proven winner for a century.
I am not a libertarian and you bear false witness against me by baselessly trying to misrepresent me as one.

The choice is not between libertarianism or whatever you want. The choice is between being a free people or not being a free people. What you are advocating for puts us on a fast-track path to not being a free people any more.

The sort of medical tyranny that you are championing here is not what has made the USA a winner over the last century, and in fact will very likely be the end the USA as free nation, if people like you get your way.

That is a very bad outcome not only for us, but for people everywhere. You are not one of the good guys here.

Old 04-28-2021, 10:31 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I'm not talking about others. The posts are YOURS.

Do you believe that people have a right to make their own decisions without penalty?

Yes or No?
Oh I get it now. I see what has you so hysterical and scared. You are afraid that the beliefs of some religious folks, lots of GOP legislators and what you yourself advocate for ( from your own posted history) will be applied to yourself.

You are mistakenly conflating your oft stated demands to control a woman's body and her reproductive health decisions with our public health program which is OFFERING all Americans a free, safe, and effective scientific marvel. One which is a solution and way out of this pandemic and which promises to defeat the virus's threat to our economic, health and national security.

I repeat, no one is coming to forcefully inject you and make you take part in an initiative that will benefit humanity and halt the ravages of this deadly virus and the disease it is inflicting on the planet. In other words your psychological projection may be the cause of your hysteria and made up scenarios and other fabricated stuff. Perhaps if you think it through you will see the utter hypocrisy in your hypotheticals as ludicrous and phony as they may be.

Calm down & again, peace.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 04-28-2021 at 12:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies