Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 06:26 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,735,262 times

Advertisements

On 8 January 2020, the Boeing 737-800 operating the route was shot down shortly after takeoff from Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport by the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corp (IRGC).[4][5][6] All 176 passengers and crew were killed.[7]

Somehow I sleep better knowing that the country mentioned above has no access to nukes yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 06:45 PM

On the other hand, I've met Iranians in Europe, and many more here in the USA. I was always impressed by their intelligence, sophistication and charm. In a way they reminded me of the Old-World European aristocrats.

The thing I can not understand is how a population so gifted ended up with the morons in charge of their country - kind of like the Putin/Russia romance.

Old 04-14-2021, 06:56 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,469,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So I guess the Israeli strategy is to attack Iran's nuclear sites rather than diplomacy.
Israel did NOT attack the Iranians.... the incompetent terrorist nation of Iran, had an accident..of their own causing

Old 04-14-2021, 07:13 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,424,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
On the other hand, I've met Iranians in Europe, and many more here in the USA. I was always impressed by their intelligence, sophistication and charm. In a way they reminded me of the Old-World European aristocrats.

The thing I can not understand is how a population so gifted ended up with the morons in charge of their country - kind of like the Putin/Russia romance.
Look, my family is Iranian, I love them.

But the people have only themselves to blame for the regime. They may seem intelligent in America or Europe, but many in their own country like finger pointing and blaming others for their problems.

No one wants to sacrifice for their country, the mindset is always about what the government can do for you and skimming money whenever possible.

They hate the government but they created this from their own short-minded political understanding, and many in fact aren't so smart as they are made out to be.

If Iran is to better one day, the people will have to look at themselves and pick up the pieces, but I fear they are too entrenched into blaming others right now.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Look, my family is Iranian, I love them.

But the people have only themselves to blame for the regime. They may seem intelligent in America or Europe, but many in their own country like finger pointing and blaming others for their problems.

No one wants to sacrifice for their country, the mindset is always about what the government can do for you and skimming money whenever possible.

They hate the government but they created this from their own short-minded political understanding, and many in fact aren't so smart as they are made out to be.

If Iran is to better one day, the people will have to look at themselves and pick up the pieces, but I fear they are too entrenched into blaming others right now.

What you had written here, just now, is the proverbial "writing on the wall". The State of USA sometimes in the years of 2060-2080. I wish I'be wrong - but I'm afraid I'm not.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:57 PM

1,809 posts, read 896,530 times
Quote:
The deal is off between Biden and Iran.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/i...after-n1263920

Netanyahu controls our foriegn policy in the middle east. Do any of you care or do Americans just love servicing the Israeli government?

These acts of terrorism need to put to a stop. Netanyahu must be arrested.

There was never a deal. The Iranians never stopped. If you think they did then you’re a fool.

Old 04-14-2021, 09:46 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post

Well................we just had Trump and now we have Biden............are we any different?

Old 04-14-2021, 10:06 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,519,632 times
Quote:
The deal is off between Biden and Iran.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/i...after-n1263920

Netanyahu controls our foriegn policy in the middle east. Do any of you care or do Americans just love servicing the Israeli government?

These acts of terrorism need to put to a stop. Netanyahu must be arrested.
I think we should pay Israel some kind of reward...
Iran was just bragging how they were speeding up their nuclear program. Biden was going to lift sanctions next week and allow them to develop more weapons.

Old 04-15-2021, 02:20 AM

1,663 posts, read 875,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So I guess the Israeli strategy is to attack Iran's nuclear sites rather than diplomacy.
If Israel attacked that site, they probably remember the last time they tried diplomacy, they were completely ignored by the Obama administration. https://www.statepress.com/article/2...ael-netanyahu#

They may also have noticed that most of the shockingly inept people who negotiated the disaster of 2015, are back for another round. https://thehill.com/opinion/national...worth-the?rl=1

https://nypost.com/2016/10/01/the-st...the-iran-deal/

Speaking of diplomacy, it's not easy to find anyone with Joe Biden's 40+ years of being wrong on almost every national security and foreign policy issue. That's an amazing amount of failure. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._question.html

It would certainly be understandable if Israel decided not to wait around for more Obamalike "red line" diplomacy.

Old 04-15-2021, 02:51 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
No one respects Biden and the world is a more dangerous pace because of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies