Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 02:35 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
What we are seeing is not 1st world law enforcement. If you want this level of police power and lack of accountability or due process you should move to a 3rd world country and live in a secure walled and gated compound with private police. You might like it better.

You are right. This forum has really gotten unusually race-obsessed in the last few weeks.
In what 3rd world country are criminals treated better? Perhaps the criminals should move to them.

Nah, many just think everything’s racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2021, 02:40 PM

8,756 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Can I ask for better 1st world law enforcement? I think there is room for improvement. Now is the time while the spotlight is on the policy and procedures that aren’t working. It is not close to perfect and can be better.
The courts have to do a better job at putting and keeping these thugs in prison. What policy is not working...stop, and put your hands up, put the gun or knife down.

Old 04-13-2021, 02:41 PM

52,248 posts, read 52,668,250 times
The OP's wording was a bit off color and had a nasty tone to it, but yeah, I basically agree. If you play stupid games you get stupid prizes to pull out that overly used phrase.

Why the hell won't these people just shut the hell up and obey some of the basic orders. That other thread about the Virginia police officer it was maddening to watch that clip.

If that dumbass would have just shut his mouth and simply complied with the orders he wouldn't have gotten the pepper spray.

Complete farce that the office lost his job over that. As a bystander watching that clip I wanted to stuff a sock in his flapping hole. Just shut up and do what the cop wants.

He wanted to get him out of the car so he can check to see if he had any kind of weapons on him I imagine. Check him out first and then he can answer the guy's questions about why he got pulled over or whatever.

Old 04-13-2021, 02:45 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
He wouldn’t have had so much trouble had he not been hopped up on drugs. The autopsy clearly showed he had several illegal drugs in his system, some of which contributed to his breathing difficulties. Again, the officer did nothing wrong. Floyd killed himself by being a piece of human garbage and the world is better off without him. Hell, nobody can complain. His family just became multi-millionaires via taxpayer dollars because a criminal turd died. I’m more angry about the 27 million taxpayer dollars going to his family than I am about a piece of dirt meeting his inevitable end. If he hadn’t died in police custody it was only a matter of time for him to OD or be killed during the commitment of yet another crime.
Ima go with the medical experts on this one. Your being mad doesn't change the facts.

Old 04-13-2021, 02:50 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
Quote:
What we are seeing is not 1st world law enforcement. If you want this level of police power and lack of accountability or due process you should move to a 3rd world country and live in a secure walled and gated compound with private police. You might like it better.

You are right. This forum has really gotten unusually race-obsessed in the last few weeks.
Please. The only people who are obsessed with race are leftist and progressives. They have literally said skin color matters. I thought character mattered?

Old 04-13-2021, 02:51 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
OP-This isn't just a black person thing. It's a human being thing.

Old 04-13-2021, 02:55 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:

BS. We are seeing the same thing we've always seen. Certain groups of grifters are just trying to profit off it more today and the Democrat party is trying to leverage it for votes.

Once again: almost all of the things we see today, including George Floyd, revolve around people not obeying police commands and then expecting not to have the situation escalate.

There's no problem in policing, I'm sorry.

Old 04-13-2021, 02:57 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
If this was always true and the only thing they did, then I might have a different opinion of them. However, my encounters with them was only when they set up a speed trap and issuing me a ticket for slightly going over the limit just to increase their revenues while causing problems to, otherwise, a law abiding citizen. Regardless, me getting a ticket, there ARE a lot bad cops, not all are saints. But, this thread is about Blacks taking responsibility of their own actions instead of blaming others and I agreed to that since a lot of the crimes Blacks commit are their own doing and it's not due to racism.
So you're mad at cops because they hold you accountable for breaking the law?

Got it.

Old 04-13-2021, 03:03 PM

2,082 posts, read 924,377 times
Some races have a chip on their shoulder attitude .....

To have a chip on one's shoulder refers to the act of holding a grudge or grievance that readily provokes disputation. It can also mean a person thinking too much of oneself (often without the credentials) or feeling entitled.

Old 04-13-2021, 03:07 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
This thread is indicative of one of the problems we have in this country, the inability to have 2 competing ideas in your mind and hold them both to be true.

Kid shouldn't have run.
Cop one incompetent because he couldn't physically restrain the kid when he already had him.
And cop two incompetent because she couldn't tell the difference between a gun and a taser in her hand.
Doesn't help the tasers looking like handguns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies