Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you get the vaccine?
Yes, I already got it 239 62.40%
Yes, I will get it 19 4.96%
I probably will get it 13 3.39%
I am torn on whether to get it or not 10 2.61%
I likely will NOT get it 29 7.57%
I will NOT get it 73 19.06%
Voters: 383. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 08:22 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Yeah it won't be me though. I'll be the last one standing.
I'll be standing with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 08:26 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,851,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
But didn't Fauci say just yesterday that it's too soon for anyone to let their guard down and go back to mostly normal? If he is correct more people may get sick due to a false sense of security. Just sayin'...Good luck.

He's saying that because non vaccinated people can still get the disease. Once we all get the jab, its time to let the guard down. Unless you are traveling through a bastion of ignorance where people are scared of science, then be careful there.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:08 PM

1,449 posts, read 1,145,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
From April 5
"The risks of SARS-CoV-2 infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus," the CDC recently reported. "Vaccinated people could potentially still get COVID-19 and spread it to others."

In Chicago, the city has reported close to 100 "breakthrough" cases, which are confirmed coronavirus cases in fully vaccinated residents. By comparison, state data shows 396,022 residents have been fully vaccinated.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ccine/2478894/
In conclusion: That's a success rate of 99.9747%

And, listening to radio news today (Los Angeles area), the report was that breakthrough cases are often asymptomatic or lighter cases...not all, but still. It's not like the vaccine *adds* to one's likelihood of contracting COVID.

I got my first Pfizer dose 1-1/2 weeks ago and going for my second in another 1-1/2 weeks. Can't wait!

Everything in life carries some risk...and guess what...100% of us are gonna die of something sooner or later. All things considered, I decided I'd go ahead with the vaccine.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:11 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
Got the 2nd Pfizer shot 2 days ago. Didn't really want to but how are you going to be able to go on vacations/cruises out of country without the Vaccine ultimately? Good luck with that. the rate we are headed, I'll be surprised if they don't have "State-line COVID checkpoints" sooner or later to where you can't even drive from state to state domestically without your COVID card

Old 04-16-2021, 09:17 PM

8,475 posts, read 4,724,709 times
Got my first dose a few days ago. Less than three weeks until eligible for shot #2 (Pfizer).

It’s both sad and disturbing how political this is.

As for side effects from first shot, felt like a massive bruise the day after, and two days out I’m glad I was off work because I was sleepy as hell. I dozed off probably a half dozen times. But nothing major at all. Kept my appetite, no fevers or nausea, etc. I’ve heard the second dose treats you more roughly.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:19 PM

139 posts, read 68,215 times
John Campbell RN PHD researcher and educator has daily YouTube updates on COVID research, vaccine progress/ statistics. The 4/15/21 is particularly interesting regarding a Canadian study about 10 years old on adenovector gene research and low platelet count/clotting in lab animals given the factor intravenously. Most current vaccine guidelines including CDC do not encourage aspiration to determine that vaccine will be given in deltoid muscle and not blood vessel. Danish Nurses Association changed this recommendation a few weeks ago when it resumed using AZ vaccine. Is accidental injection into blood vessel occurring one in a million or so times?

Old 04-16-2021, 10:23 PM

7,633 posts, read 8,699,793 times
These people all took it, or it seems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v8jWTlpK-w

Old 04-16-2021, 11:29 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,735,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
I agree. We've already seen AryaStark go from last year claiming the vaccines were going to poison people and anyone who got one was crazy to now saying if they happen to have it at a drug store near her she might get it.

I suspect many will quietly slink off to get the vaccine on the downlow just like Donald Trump did, as they see others haven't dropped dead and data on efficacy/safety from other countries makes the benefits undeniably obvious even to them. The kneejerk antivax and anti-establishment views will cede to logic in some, but others will remain stubbornly ranting the latest conspiracy theories and blatant falsehoods.
The person you’re talking about might be taking the vaccine because of employment. I saw how you stalked him the other day, posting an ancient post of his, and how you said you would bookmark some other post. And now you’re posting again about what he said.
Good grief.
MYOB

Old 04-16-2021, 11:33 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,099,528 times
Oxford got tired of being the punching bag - link

"Blood-clotting illness PVT 30x more prevalent in Moderna, Pfizer Covid-19 recipients than AstraZeneca – Oxford researchers"
Quote:
A potentially fatal blood-clotting disease is 30 times more common among people who have received the Covid-19 vaccines produced by Moderna and Pfizer than those given the troubled AstraZeneca jab, researchers have found.
A team of scientists from the University of Oxford has found that after vaccination, Vaxzevria (formerly AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine) recipients were less likely to suffer portal vein thrombosis (PVT) – blood clots in the artery from the intestines to the liver.
The WSJ reported UK reduced covid death 96% with just 1 jab, focusing on the high risk.

Why give seniors in poor health the 2nd jab with the nastier side effects and further risk more blood clots?
Should those under 65 even risk it when covid death is already cut 96%? Just focus on good health and vitamin C, D, and zinc. Several countries dont think it is worth it, they restricted the AZ shot(very similar to J&J) to over 60. Wishful thinking, but they should do the same for the mRNAs.

If you do take the jab, think about taking a mild blood thinner like natto - link . This is also a risk on long flights - link

Old 04-16-2021, 11:36 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,735,089 times
I will never get a vaccine. My immune system handled Covid extremely effectively. My flu symptoms were less severe than some descriptions of vaccine effects. Now T cell immunity is long-lasting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies