Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2021, 10:17 PM

11,465 posts, read 5,995,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I should have called you in Feb 2020. You might have saved me and my wife from the Covid.
“Saved you” and your wife? You mean, you died?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2021, 10:29 PM

4,656 posts, read 4,973,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It's a good thing you haven't spent any time in Europe, you would be horrified over real lockdowns.
Haven't, and don't intend to. Those folks can self-immolate if they want; my ancestors crossed the Atlantic, it's not my problem. Central and South America offer wonderful travel opportunities, if I get bored.

Old 04-22-2021, 10:29 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
“Saved you” and your wife? You mean, you died?
No, he means they got sick. His wife almost died.

Old 04-23-2021, 01:38 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Reading this thread, I feel like I am living in the movie Idiocracy.

I guess China will lead / rule the world now.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:16 AM

5,052 posts, read 3,955,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter
Well if you caught it from walking outside in the fresh air without a mask, handling groceries without gloves, opening a FedEx package without disinfecting, or going maskless once fully vaccinated I’d be very surprised.

Fauci and many other ‘experts’ have been very slow to assure the fearful folks not to worry about those sorts of safe activities. Peculiarly do.

No wonder his credibility, not to mention ten minutes of fame, is essentially over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
We were at a ski resort before anyone started masking. The are did report a few cases, but that is how Pandemics start. We go from stupid denial to understanding and acceptance the minute we get infected.
Looking back retrospectively is easy, real time not so much.
Not sure about your ‘stupid denial’, etc. There have been many folks from the start who have repeatedly pointed out those at the greatest risk of death from Covid. Remember Italy? It was old folks who caught it indoors from their families or at gatherings. And died. That is not denial.

There have been scientific folks who have continuously pointed out gloved grocery shopping, FedEx delivery box disinfecting, outdoor masking, closing kindergartens, banning beach-goers, fully vaccinated folks double-masking, etc. is ridiculous. That is not denial.

Fauci and others have been oddly slow in publicizing the science regarding what does NOT lead to Covid deaths.

The outdoor masking and the double-masked fully vaccinated are just the latest example.

Rumor has it the CDC will shortly announce/admit the fully vaccinated don’t need to mask outdoors. No kidding! (Again, outdoor masking has always been scientifically suspect - vaccinated or not).

Old 04-23-2021, 04:29 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I very much doubt he's worn out his welcome with most of the country.

I think most people find him completely admirable both for his long service throughout so many presidencies and his willingness to speak truth to power. I only regret that he's been honored so broadly that there may not be any honors left to bestow on him.
No they don’t. Most of us hate him, he’s a useless sack of garbage. Nothing he ever says is accurate, he’s completely clueless and idiotic on every topic. There’s nothing to admire about this glory hogging toolbag. He’s one of my most hated people even above many of the worst liberals.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:37 AM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
So you get rid of Fauci the messenger (That is literally his role, he does not MAKE THE POLICY) and replace him with say Mr. Hardline the right-wing dream. It wont matter

The new guy will be just as hated within 2 weeks as Fauci is now because he is a spokesperson for an entire panel of physicians and scientists making the recommendations.

Fauci uses his medical knowledge to explain them to the public, which is why people think HE IS IN CONTROL, he is not.

Fauci is not the entire NIH
Fauci is not the CDC
Fauci is not the WHO
Fauci is not a State Governer
Fauci is not a Congressman
Fauci is not a Judge

And Neither will the NEW person you pick, that person will still push the same recommendations, it is literally why that person is being paid in THAT role.

In other words, Fauci is literally the Medical Sean Spicer , he is literally just reporting what recommendations were given by committes that make them.

Old 04-23-2021, 05:02 AM

45,223 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
So you get rid of Fauci the messenger (That is literally his role, he does not MAKE THE POLICY) and replace him with say Mr. Hardline the right-wing dream. It wont matter

The new guy will be just as hated within 2 weeks as Fauci is now because he is a spokesperson for an entire panel of physicians and scientists making the recommendations.

Fauci uses his medical knowledge to explain them to the public, which is why people think HE IS IN CONTROL, he is not.

Fauci is not the entire NIH
Fauci is not the CDC
Fauci is not the WHO
Fauci is not a State Governer
Fauci is not a Congressman
Fauci is not a Judge

And Neither will the NEW person you pick, that person will still push the same recommendations, it is literally why that person is being paid in THAT role.

In other words, Fauci is literally the Medical Sean Spicer , he is literally just reporting what recommendations were given by committes that make them.
The position itself is not needed. Its simply dangerous and irresponsible to let one (or several) have such influence over 330 million

Old 04-23-2021, 05:59 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
No they don’t. Most of us hate him, he’s a useless sack of garbage. Nothing he ever says is accurate, he’s completely clueless and idiotic on every topic. There’s nothing to admire about this glory hogging toolbag. He’s one of my most hated people even above many of the worst liberals.
Do you feel the same regarding the many talented scientists we have at universities around the US who echo his same recommendations.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:19 AM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The position itself is not needed. Its simply dangerous and irresponsible to let one (or several) have such influence over 330 million
Do you prefer an untrained politician?

Someone has to get up and say what the recommendations are to the public and you think a Politician or a President is a better option? You want the public to ask medical questions to a Politician.

Or better yet you want 0 explanation on why recommendations are made or who made them?

Sure, I believe you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies