Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 11:56 AM

43,054 posts, read 18,216,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Did he really?
He's not the savior everyone thinks he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 12:19 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,087,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Don't wear a mask.
Wear a mask.

Everyone is following his recommendations because he said both things.
It was a dynamic situation full of unknowns... When we learned a bit more the recommendations changed just like all medical professionals making assessments on health. Do you hold on to the old assessments because it is more comfortable or easier to accept? or do you take new guidelines and follow them as they come?

Did we as a populace wear a mask when recommendations changed and indicated that we should?

NO we did not. Because it was easier to ignore the situation and blame others... like children.

My twins were born with a digestive condition that was not well known by many physicians... The initial physician indicated that he believed that it was just gas and we proceeded as usual. After they continued to loose weight to dangerous levels, he consulted other physicians and determined another course of action. A Very Expensive Course of Action which probably saved their lives.

My twins' physician said continue as normal AND change direction.. he said BOTH things. By your logic, I should have ignored the later assessment because it was cheaper and more comfortable to accept.

This line of logic is pervasive here in this forum and is completely illogical.

Old 04-14-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
It was a dynamic situation full of unknowns... When we learned a bit more the recommendations changed just like all medical professionals making assessments on health. Do you hold on to the old assessments because it is more comfortable or easier to accept? or do you take new guidelines and follow them as they come?

Did we as a populace wear a mask when recommendations changed and indicated that we should?

NO we did not. Because it was easier to ignore the situation and blame others... like children.

My twins were born with a digestive condition that was not well known by many physicians... The initial physician indicated that he believed that it was just gas and we proceeded as usual. After they continued to loose weight to dangerous levels, he consulted other physicians and determined another course of action. A Very Expensive Course of Action which probably saved their lives.

By your logic, the physician said continue as normal AND change direction. I should have ignored the later assessment because it was cheaper and more comfortable to accept.

This line of logic is pervasive here in this forum and is completely illogical.
No it wasn't. It was a shortage of masks. Fauci admitted that so there really is no debate on this.

Old 04-14-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
No it wasn't. It was a shortage of masks.
And of course in your mind that isn't under the premise of a set of dynamic situation...

And later the recommendation was to mask up whatever was available to the open public? We chose to ignore that because like children it was easier to hold on to the idea of going maskless and blaming the parent when it didn't work out. The shortage of medical grade masks was just an excuse that even people still perpetuated even after masks were available.

We only have ourselves to blame...

Old 04-14-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
And of course in your mind that isn't under the premise of a set of dynamic situation...

And later the recommendation was to mask up whatever was available to the open public? We chose to ignore that because like children it was easier to hold on to the idea of going maskless and blaming the parent when it didn't work out.

We only have ourselves to blame...
Good lord. I didn't listen to the man from Day 1.

I made my own masks from fabric and wore them while Fauci and the General Surgeon told America that masks don't do anything.

I treated the virus as airborne from day 1...day 1.

Old 04-14-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Good lord. I didn't listen to the man from Day 1.

I made my own masks from fabric and wore them while Fauci and the General Surgeon told America that masks don't do anything.
Good lord man... do you not follow.

I am saying as a wide populace we didn't follow the recommendations.... populace as a whole not you as an individual. We will never know the true preventive nature of mask usage among the wider populace because we never did it... we just threw tantrums and refused.

and yes... I too did the same as you.

Old 04-14-2021, 12:28 PM

795 posts, read 407,255 times
Quote:
Get the vaccine and we'll be saved.

Got the vaccine now but nothing is changed ?

Masks forever ?
Just two weeks! Two weeks to flatten the curve!

And people wonder why so many are completely over this bull and no longer listening to anything fauci and other so called experts have to say.

Old 04-14-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
Just two weeks! Two weeks to flatten the curve!

And people wonder why so many are completely over this bull and no longer listening to anything fauci and other so called experts have to say.
And then the 6 feet, 30 feet, 3 feet.

Schools spent so much money making over classrooms with distance and plexiglass cubicles ...6 feet apart.
And there comes the CDC....well..3 feet is good now.

And then...these kids all get on a school bus and are sitting elbow to elbow for the ride to and from school.

Old 04-14-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
And then...these kids all get on a school bus and are sitting elbow to elbow for the ride to and from school.
Not sure about everyone else but my kids schools have it so the buses allow adequate separation and mask wearing during their transport. its done by scheduling a hybrid schedule were groups of kids are in school and others are virtual to reduce bus occupancy. As far as I know, their schools still adhere to 6 ft recommendation.

My wife works as a teacher in another school.. they couldn't get with the program (refused? lack of funding?) and they had significantly more cases (one was my wife's student) that tested positive. We were fortunate enough to afford to provide her with PPE which seems to have worked. As with three cases with her in direct contact, she tested negative. It was so bad that on top of shutting a few times, the principal sent out a voice mail telling parents to stop sending kids to school who have a fever or signs of any illness.

Old 04-14-2021, 12:36 PM

1,536 posts, read 1,481,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Forever

I never wore one unless inside Costco. Caught the rona early on. It just made me tired. I'm not wearing one now or in the future.

I've been fully vaccinated but still wear a mask in stores and while near others outside. Partly to avoid getting hassled but mainly to show respect for others and the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies