Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 10:41 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,201,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
sorry, but not only are most lives unimportant...the vast majority even, it's an objective fact that when some people die it makes the world a better place.

This violent criminal is one of those people....
+1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2021, 10:42 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,201,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Wow, I have no words for this statement. I just find it very sad that some people think other lives are not important.
He was a violent criminal oxygen thief.

You want people to feel bad for him?

Old 04-13-2021, 10:48 PM

38,608 posts, read 26,231,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie0155 View Post
And there you have it-THE PROBLEM! with our country!

The young man didn't have to die period. He wasn't in the act of committing a crime and Yes he should have been arrested but KILLED? and by ACCIDENT? No excuse for cops to do what they did.

It just goes to show the fact that some people should NEVER become cops!

Correct, some people - most people - should never become cops, but somebody has to and I ain't putting myself out there!

As for the cops in this case, they didn't commit a felony, put their name on a hot sheet or do the very same things black males routinely do just before getting shot by a cop.

He knew committing a felony was risky.

He knew driving around with expired plates and an outstanding felony warrant was risky.

He also knew that running from the police while having an outstanding felony warrant was extremely risky, but he did all these thing anyway.

Now, after his luck ran out, it's the fault of the police that he made the choices he alone made.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:49 PM

3,798 posts, read 4,644,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Wow, I have no words for this statement. I just find it very sad that some people think other lives are not important.
Just because he said that doesn't mean he wouldn't save that persons life if they were in trouble. If they were dying they'd still probably call 9-11. If their car was on fire they'd probably still try and put it out to keep them from burning alive.

But in this world with so many innocent people dying daily you can't get wrapped up in worrying about people who are not beneficial to society. This country is already over populated as it is.

Now maybe Daunte Wright one day would clean up his act. But statistically that wasn't going to happen & he would continue to go on getting in trouble and maybe even hurting somebody one day.

He made a choice to do what he did and it didn't work out.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:54 PM

38,608 posts, read 26,231,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Someone's son, someone's brother, someone's friend is dead. That IS a tragedy. And no human beings are simple minded animals.

I don't know if you believe in God or Karma or nothing, but I do think someone with such a callous, immoral and superior attitude as yours will someday be called to account.

"Someone's" parent should have done a better job raising their child.

"Someone's" brother should have stepped up when the parents failed.

"Someone's" friend should have tried talking him out of his stupid choices.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:54 PM

31,847 posts, read 14,835,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
He was a violent criminal oxygen thief.

You want people to feel bad for him?
Yeah, I do because he is dead because of inept police officer

Old 04-13-2021, 10:55 PM

8,808 posts, read 2,469,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Just because he said that doesn't mean he wouldn't save that persons life if they were in trouble. If they were dying they'd still probably call 9-11. If their car was on fire they'd probably still try and put it out to keep them from burning alive.
This is all true. Pointing out the objective fact that someone's death benefits the world does not mean it's right to cause that to happen. I have no doubt that in the past I've done things to benefit just awful people....but you don't help people because they deserve it, you do so despite the fact that probably don't deserve it. You do it because even and especially when they don't deserve your aid, it's the right thing to do.

I think that despite the fact that Daunte Wright's death was an objectively good thing for the world, the cop that mistakenly shot him with her pistol instead of her taser should go to jail for 2nd degree manslaughter over it.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:57 PM

33,761 posts, read 16,770,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Thug life is dangerous
It is. The scene below was largely based on actual events, and the young man the kid is modeled after AN ACTUAL NJ drug dealer, who dies within a year.

In this case, Wright died via an accidental discharge of a weapon. Given his criminal history, he was going to die young, no matter what, as when you put yourself in harm's way daily for years, bad things are far more likely to occur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3amsaCyOTk

Old 04-13-2021, 11:06 PM

339 posts, read 122,473 times
That doesn't mean he deserved to die like that in cold blood. He was only 20 years old and had a 2 year old son. He will now have to grow up knowing his father died by a cop who got a taser and gun confused.

Old 04-13-2021, 11:09 PM

33,761 posts, read 16,770,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
That doesn't mean he deserved to die like that in cold blood. He was only 20 years old and had a 2 year old son. He will now have to grow up knowing his father died by a cop who got a taser and gun confused.
It was an unfortunate accident, but given his criminal record, junior would have only known a dad behind bars anyway, to be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies