Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 03:14 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
We didn’t. We wanted the strong, determined, and monied or resourceful.
As long as they weren't sick with infectious diseases or criminals we allowed them in. America needed construction and factory labor to become bigger and stronger. Now we should be like EVERY OTHER Developed country and only let those in that contribute and whose skills we need. Not criminals and parasites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 03:26 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
The logic is quite simple and isn't complicated at all. What better way to stay in power than to promise more and more. This appeals to your typical white humanist types who are emotional trainwrecks, and lovers of centralized large government. They used to care about the deficit under George W. Bush but now it's too boring to pay attention to. But, I digress...leave your corrupt country where it is very hard if not impossible to get ahead for America where "we have a program for that". After all, it is the land of opportunity. I think most immigrants want to succeed on their own, but the narrative is only one party you need to vote for even if you don't believe in half the stuff they stand for. Democrat politicians know this. Immigrants, although very conservative, overwhelmingly vote for Democrats, namely because they are good at marketing and dominant in poor urban areas where, you guessed it, immigrants tend to live when they first arrive.

So, if Republicans ever want a shot at the immigrant vote, they need to stop ignoring the democrat infested urban areas. It would be a big challenge and very hard to shake the racism image most have of Republicans.

One last thought: kind of funny how the stereotype of a republican is a generationally privileged and wealthy white guy who runs various large companies, and only cares about government incentives and subsidies for businesses when in reality that is your modern day powerful democrat

Old 04-15-2021, 04:29 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
So, if Republicans ever want a shot at the immigrant vote, they need to stop ignoring the democrat infested urban areas.
Not going to happen. Republicans have already shown they are open to immigrants and people of color with the rise of Ben Carson and Marco Rubio

Blacks have shown we are fine being trapped in the Democratic Plantation.

We only vote for the party that promises us the most free craps, hates police, and rejects self-accountability.

Old 04-15-2021, 04:35 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
So everybody is afraid of a neo communist totalitarian takeover, and in my best estimation this is just a smokescreen to conceal what's really going on. A central bank takeover.

I believe this has all been engineered from day one to allow the central banks to essentially buy entire countries with money that they create out of thin air.

What I think is going to happen next is that the central banks will add new asset classes to their balance sheets, such as student loans and credit card debt. Yes, I think we're in QE/open market infinity, and I don't think there's any going back. That is, the balance sheets will never be normalized. Rather, I think the central banks will buy up every debt instrument that the banks possess, until there simply are no retail banks anymore.

And when the banks have finally failed, the central banks will become the only manager for all the debt, and the sole owners of most real property.

If this isn't what they're planning, I don't know why they would be trying to circumvent the banks with the digital central bank currencies. Seems like they're planning for a near future when retail banks no longer exist.

I think the timeline will look something like this:

Stock market correction

Bank bail ins (won't be enough)

Bank failures, leading to all bank held assets being bought by central banks through open market operations

Debt restructuring (with central banks now the sole holders of all sovereign debt, they will be able to forgive student loans and credit cards, in exchange for abbreviated foreclosures on homes and businesses)

Massive entitlements delivered by the treasury department, leading to an increase in velocity, unlocking the pent up liquidity in reserve accounts, sparking a false recovery

Hyperinflation (people won't realize that the false recovery is actually hyperinflation until it's way too late)

Digital central bank currencies (hyperinflated currencies are revalued by deleting some zeros)

On this last part, I think that having lost most of their real value, the digital currencies will essentially be tokens that only have value within the central bank controlled system. Since the central banks will own everything, I think it will operate much like a company town, where everything is owned by the central bank, including the company they work for, their house, and their car. So it won't be currency in the traditional sense, just stuff they can use within that system. For example, they would only be able to shop in fed owned businesses, just like workers in company towns only had access to the company store.

The kicker is that they will be able to control everyone, and do so legally without violating their rights. Since everything will essentially be company property, they will be able to ban weapons (even in homes, because homes will be company property, and many will likely even live in large campuses in employee dorms), curtail free speech, etc. Corporations are already doing this. For example, your employer who provides your phone and internet access while on the job, they can prevent you from accessing certain websites, and even punish you for posts you make to social media. And this is all deemed constitutional, because you can always quit. The problem in this scenario is they will own pretty much everything, and will therefore be the only employer.

I also believe the digital currencies will be linked to social credit, with people essentially getting fined for wrong think. Take this covid passport for example. They can expand that to include all medical records, and link it to the digital central banks currencies via blockchain. Cholesterol too high? Well we can't let you order those french fries until you get that under control. But here, have these tasty tofu sticks instead!

(This was not my post I stole it, and my solution to this problem will be to BURN everything that belongs to the banks to the ground)

Old 04-15-2021, 05:46 AM

23,973 posts, read 15,078,314 times
A poem written to raise money for the installation of a gift statue is not national immigration policy.

What was the immigration policy of the French when they presented the USA with the statue of liberty?

Old 04-15-2021, 07:12 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
So everybody is afraid of a neo communist totalitarian takeover, and in my best estimation this is just a smokescreen to conceal what's really going on. A central bank takeover.
Money rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The kicker is that they will be able to control everyone, and do so legally without violating their rights. Since everything will essentially be company property.
In North Korea, if you do what you're told and don't cause problems, you get a nice house/apartment in Pyongyang and have access to fine restaurants, amusement parks, and the other comforts on life. But if you say the wrong things, you basically get sent to work in the rice fields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StjIv33zJ9c

This dynamic is less obvious in the United States because most businesses are private, but it still exists. Say the wrong thing on social media and you lose your job and get to live with the bottom rungs of society doing manual labor.

When businesses were small and more decentralized, there was less ability to control. But as the economy becomes more centralized, and corporations become more powerful, there is more to lose from saying or doing the wrong thing.

In a theoretical world where everyone worked for Google and Amazon, freedom of speech wouldn't really exist(neo-feudalism).

As for banks, I know a lot of people in certain businesses depend heavily on finance(especially access to low interest-rate loans), as well as payment-processing. And these financial institutions can put pressure on both corporations and individuals to conform to their standards. On top of that, massive market speculation driven by Central banks has transferred and centralized incredible wealth into the hands of these speculators and financiers.

They can artificially pump up the market and create trillions of dollars in "wealth". But this wealth is really just "fictitious capital", a massive international Ponzi-scheme which primarily benefits the rich. Who can use this fictitious capital to buy up everything else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictitious_capital

Old 04-15-2021, 07:50 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
We didn’t. We wanted the strong, determined, and monied or resourceful.
Not necessarily true on all points. Yes, strong and determined but not monied...at least not all immigrants. MANY have come here with nothing and made a life for themselves. America was built by strong and determined people on a mission.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:03 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,245,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
As long as they weren't sick with infectious diseases or criminals we allowed them in. America needed construction and factory labor to become bigger and stronger. Now we should be like EVERY OTHER Developed country and only let those in that contribute and whose skills we need. Not criminals and parasites.
The poem on the Statue of Liberty dates to 1883. Back then we had no government-provided benefits, no income tax, and so on.

We also had a large country to settle with a lot of available land.

If you came, you worked or you starved based upon your own efforts or lack thereof.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:05 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
The poem on the Statue of Liberty dates to 1883. Back then we had no government-provided benefits, no income tax, and so on.

We also had a large country to settle with a lot of available land.

If you came, you worked or you starved based upon your own efforts or lack thereof.
Exactly. You used your ethnic community for support however, they did not even GIVE you anything. You had to earn it, be productive and contribute.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:15 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
At this point, we have enough TPHM of our own.......let some other globalist-based Empire take them in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies