Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 09:58 AM

5,052 posts, read 3,955,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter
If the cops know I was recently arrested for illegally carrying a handgun (and might know I was recently arrested and charged for violently robbing a woman at gunpoint) there is a chance they’ll treat me differently. Especially if I wrestle free and hop into my car.

News reports indicate the cops were at least aware of the outstanding warrant for illegal gun possession...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I hadn't heard that reporting, but again, I haven't been following the case specifically. Again, the bodycam footage answers all the question I really have about the shooting.

The rest is minutiae for the lawyers and judge(s) that dictate what charges are brought and what sentence is possibly handed down.
It is awkward for the Left/BLM narrative.

Surely you must have seen him detained, break away and dive into his car if you saw the body cam video?

Although glossed over by the Lefty PR firms (NYT, WAPO, CNN, etc.) there was a reason he was being detained. The arrest warrant for illegal gun possession...which of course leads to more disruption of the BLM narrative since he was nabbed with the illegal gun while out on bail for violently attempting to rob a (black) woman at gunpoint.

Probably best for BLM if you don’t see that part of the video...leads to all sorts of awkward information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 10:08 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Cops don't have the right to be judge and jury in any case or situation.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:12 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
It is awkward for the Left/BLM narrative.
OK.

Quote:
Surely you must have seen him detained, break away and dive into his car if you saw the body cam video?
Yes, I did. And?

Quote:
Although glossed over by the Lefty PR firms (NYT, WAPO, CNN, etc.) there was a reason he was being detained. The arrest warrant for illegal gun possession...which of course leads to more disruption of the BLM narrative since he was nabbed with the illegal gun while out on bail for violently attempting to rob a (black) woman at gunpoint.
I hadn't heard any reporting about why he was being detained, just why he was pulled over. I assumed it was related to some sort of non-compliance/resisting regarding the traffic stop.

Quote:
Probably best for BLM if you don’t see that part of the video...leads to all sorts of awkward information
I tend to not concern myself for what is "best" for anyone that I'm not associated with.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:21 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie0155 View Post
So bottom line what your saying is you CAN'T name six whites who have been killed by cops!

Of course you can't because it doesn't happen! So your argument is MOOT at best!

And yes I could name more than six but I've proven my point!
???? About 450 whites were killed by the police in 2020. I don't know their names because I don't know them personally and the media doesn't make it national news.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:21 AM

2nd-degree manslaughter will the be charge, evidently.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:24 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
The point of our justice system is to rehabilitate people. Ask yourself this question: Do you honestly want cops to act as judge, jury, and executioner in the streets?

Daunte Wright did not have to be an angel or Mother Terresa for him to not deserve to die.
our justice system does NOT rehabilitate people...it makes them career criminals

Old 04-14-2021, 10:30 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,625,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Funny isn't it? Ashlie Bennett posed no threat of any kind, was unarmed-and had an entire army of Capitol Police and Secret Service to stop her. Yet she was shot at point-blank range by someone who's life was in zero danger. Yet you don't see liberals screaming "Justice for Ashlie"-like they do whenever a black criminal attacking a police officer is shot. More blatant racism on the part of the left? Or just utter stupidity?
Lol, there were people (who typically post with narratives of the left, of course) who, when discussing Ashli Babbit being shot, were saying 'good', 'good riddance', 'take out the trash', and talking about the wish for the others who stormed the capitol building to be drawn and quartered, lynched or burned in the streets. There was outrage about why the police didn't just shoot them all with out missing a beat and then go out to dinner afterwards.

You can't make this stuff up, really.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:51 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,576,740 times
Quote:
2nd-degree manslaughter will the be charge, evidently.
Which charge would have been fitting?

Old 04-14-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Which charge would have been fitting?
I'm not a prosecutor, nor do I play one on TV, and I'm unfamiliar with MN's statutes, so I have no idea.

I have no reason to think that the charges filed aren't the most fitting. Why?

Old 04-14-2021, 10:59 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,576,740 times
Quote:
I'm not a prosecutor, nor do I play one on TV, and I'm unfamiliar with MN's statutes, so I have no idea.

I have no reason to think that the charges filed aren't the most fitting. Why?
My apologies. I read BS not BE. I thought I read “bs charges”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies