Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 01:58 PM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
You are the one making claims about the vaccine turning on your immune system and never turning it off. How about you show the data to back up your claims?

This idea of an immune system being on or off doesn't really make sense to begin with. The immune system is a complex system with many aspects and processes. It's always active at varying levels, dealing with the myriad of microorganisms, bacteria, viruses, etc we encounter on a daily basis. It's not a light bulb.
Excerpt: This idea of an immune system being on or off doesn't really make sense to begin with

Response: Opinion

Neither does smoking pot,cigarettes or drinking alcohol but they are legal and therefore O.K. for
inhaling and ingestion. Right?

I can understand the body developing in response to environmental factors over time be it
hundreds and thousands upon thousands of years............but overnight and by way of man's
intervention as opposed to Mother Nature ?

Sorry.......I will not be a voluntary participant.

Man Playing God ( Mother Nature ) is risky behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 02:04 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
This puts your body ,keeps your body ,leaves your body immune system in a continuously on state.
No off button.
Only On position.

I don't like this.
What nonsense.

Your body, and mine, is ALWAYS being invaded by various bacteria, viruses, unwanted chemicals, and all the rest. 24/7/365.

And your immune system (and mine) is ALWAYS in the "on" position. It never rests, never sleeps. And it usually fights off whatever invader is there... even as the next one is working on some other part of you, and your immune system is starting to fight that one off, too. You only feel "sick" when your body loses the first few battles, before increasing its responses and finally starting to win. Or it loses ALL the battles against that particular invader, and you die.

The rest of the time, despite dozens of "minor" battles going on inside you, you feel fine... and your doctor announces you are "healthy".

Quote:
I don't like this.
Live with it. Everybody else does.

Quote:
My body is used to turning on the immune system when sick and turning it off when feeling better.
No, it isn't. It has NEVER "turned off" the immune system. And never will, until you are 6 feet under.

Old 04-14-2021, 02:08 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,241,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

No, it isn't. It has NEVER "turned off" the immune system. And never will, until you are 6 feet under.
Or be exposed to a massive radiation dose that kills your bone marrow.

Old 04-14-2021, 02:11 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
And your immune system (and mine) is ALWAYS in the "on" position. It never rests, never sleeps.
Very true. In the advanced stages of AIDS for instance, when the immune system is actually shut off, you die very quickly from normal microorganisms that are harmless to healthy people.

Old 04-14-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
What nonsense.

Your body, and mine, is ALWAYS being invaded by various bacteria, viruses, unwanted chemicals, and all the rest. 24/7/365.

And your immune system (and mine) is ALWAYS in the "on" position. It never rests, never sleeps. And it usually fights off whatever invader is there... even as the next one is working on some other part of you, and your immune system is starting to fight that one off, too. You only feel "sick" when your body loses the first few battles, before increasing its responses and finally starting to win. Or it loses ALL the battles against that particular invader, and you die.

The rest of the time, despite dozens of "minor" battles going on inside you, you feel fine... and your doctor announces you are "healthy".

Live with it. Everybody else does.

Semantics.......and cherry picking.
In explaining an off position to make a point it does not require a doctorate to realize the
immune system is always at work. If you prefer a steady on state or a state with minimal
deviation for your clarity until called upon to defend to a full on position as the body is being
compromised... then so be it.

I would not suggest you smoke pot, cigarettes or drink alcohol
because they are perfectly legal. That would be nonsense even
though the evidence is irrefutable.

I believe over a period of time they are lethal to the human body.
To each his own.

Best wishes.

Old 04-14-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I believe over a period of time they are lethal to the human body.
Have to disagree again. Weed is not lethal, you literally cannot OD on it, so it's even safer than alcohol in that respect.

With alcohol, it has been shown that moderate drinkers live longer than teetotalers.

In fact, the longest person who ever lived (to 128) was a french woman who partly attributed her longevity to a daily glass of french wine.

Old 04-14-2021, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Have to disagree again. Weed is not lethal, you literally cannot OD on it, so it's even safer than alcohol in that respect.

With alcohol, it has been shown that moderate drinkers live longer than teetotalers.

In fact, the longest person who ever lived (to 128) was a french woman who partly attributed her longevity to a daily glass of french wine.

Excerpt: who partly attributed her longevity to a daily glass of french wine

So in that respect.....who partly attributed her longevity to an occasional Covid infection.................

Live and Let Live.
Let people and not fear run their lives.

Old 04-14-2021, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Excerpt: who partly attributed her longevity to a daily glass of french wine

So in that respect.....who partly attributed her longevity to an occasional Covid infection.................

Live and Let Live.
Let people and not fear run their lives.
Whether you endure a covid infection or take a covid vaccine to build immunity to covid, the result will likely be similar if you are healthy enough to get over the infection in a reasonable way, and so yeah I agree everyone has that choice.

Old 04-14-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Whether you endure a covid infection or take a covid vaccine to build immunity to covid, the result will likely be similar if you are healthy enough to get over the infection in a reasonable way, and so yeah I agree everyone has that choice.

Excerpt: Whether you endure a covid infection or take a covid vaccine to build immunity to covid, the result will likely be similar

Unless you throw your full trust into trustworthiness it's nothing but a coin toss.

Anyways
Best wishes.......................

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 04-14-2021 at 03:31 PM..

Old 04-14-2021, 03:50 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Future vaccines will use the same science. Eventually every human in The developed world will be vaccinated this way
Eventually every human in The developed world will be mutated this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies