Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2021, 07:30 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,565,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Canada has a 3% black population and is looking at African Americans like "yup, that's why we don't have a 14% black population."
And that's why they don't have the inner city Black on Black violence and murder like which skews our PEOPLE using a gun in murders statistics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 08:01 AM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Far from that either!

You have some bizarre assumptions.
Besides someone you share DNA with.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:02 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
I'm sure that some black people are discussing it. There are many who recognize this as a problem and who genuinely want to fix things.

The problem is that the national narrative pushes them aside. They are the "coons" or the "uncle toms" because they don't blame whitey for every problem they have.

This would NEVER EVER EVER be a story in 2021 on NBC, CNN, ABC, PBS, CBS, MSNBC, etc. THAT'S the problem.

It's a one way street. All ills in society are cause by whites and their racist founding of this evil country. Any other discussion is shut down as "racist" and "insensitive."

Until that changes, black people will always be lashing out burning down buildings (enabled and joined by woke whites as well).

Blacks in America have it better than any other nation ON EARTH. That's not acknowledged whatsoever though....
Obama was and remains obsessed with the topic of fatherless families. It is a common theme when addressing majority black audiences.

Out of wedlock births began to increase in all OECD countries beginning in the 60’s. It crosses all races/ ethnicities.

The out of wedlock birth rate in Iceland is 83% with very different outcomes.

Iceland is an island republic with a mostly homogenous population. Homicide rate is less than 1 per year. The country did not enslave humans, although there are indications Vikings enslaved people in the 700’s and sourced slaves, usually women from what is now the British Isles. It was outlawed in 1100. There is no history of systemic racism in Iceland.

As an aside, the countries with non- existent social safety nets have the highest fertility rates, while countries with the highest social safety nets have the lowest birth rates. The US fertility rate is at an all time low.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:04 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,204,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
More like a broken tail-light, where you send 'the man' to 'fix'.

The racial divisiveness from the right is in hyper-drive lately. I guess Vlad and Donald have sent out a new memo?
Bizarro world statement.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:06 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
You sound pretty conservative though, so name calling will probably just roll off your back!
Indeed it does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
And that's why they don't have the inner city Black on Black violence
Yup. Other developed countries don't have a 14% black population, nor a black on black inner city gun violence problem. Even England only has a 3% black population.

It sadly proves what we already know: when you relocate people from one poor country to a rich one, they resent you instead of realizing the immigration lottery they just won.

African Americans cannot make the claim of being victims, because it doesn't hold up to scrutiny. 46 million blacks living in the world's richest country and destination for immigrants cannot be victims, it's impossible.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:09 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post

The destruction of the black family by progressives

America’s black underclass exists not because the nation is systemically racist, as Democrats claim, but because progressives’ welfare policies and the “War on Poverty” destroyed the black family.

https://foundersbroadsheet.com/the-d...-progressives/
So you are pro poverty?

Old 04-15-2021, 08:10 AM

8,939 posts, read 2,960,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
So you are pro poverty?
We are pro policies that don't perpetuate poverty, regardless of what politicians "name" them.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Obama was and remains obsessed with the topic of fatherless families. It is a common theme when addressing majority black audiences.
Wow, surely talking about it and not doing anything will benefit.

Yet no talk of black on black violence. Oh the irony.

Obama might be the most influential black man in America, and his mouth is shut on black issues. No suprise there. Wouldn't want to upset his white friends and neighbors.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
So you are pro poverty?
No, he's anti-welfare.

I'm sorry you're pro-welfare. How much welfare do you require to live?

Old 04-15-2021, 08:17 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,204,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I don’t think my political ideas are relevant to my way of life. I just don’t like to sit around talking about problems I have no interest in trying to solve. Especially when said problem really don’t have much of a direct impact on me. I mean how much problem would some single parent black man in Chicago have on a white 65 year old living in somewhere like Montana?

I do think people have the right to of course take interest in problems that don’t directly impact them. But taking interest in problems in my book means you’re looking to solve them. When you’re constantly pointing out problems that don’t impact you endlessly with not even the slightest sign of solutions. Then it’s just you being negative. And that’s certainly not a productive use of anyone’s time
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
And you care because...?
It seems to me that it's quite libertarian (which I think I didn't capitalize, which would indicate party) to have an overall "You leave me alone, and I'll leave you alone." Which is the essence of "it doesn't affect me, so I don't care."

Well, it does affect "me". I have children in public school (and college) that are actively taught how "white people bad". I live in a city where there was a double-whammy of riots on top of Covid. I pay property and income taxes - and additional regulatory costs and required actions - towards a variety of "problems" neither of my making nor doing. Some of these revolve around "racism" and the "Black plight".

So that's why I discuss problems, and I seek the input of those affected to see if there ARE any solutions. I don't go around telling Black people "if only YOU'D ... then you wouldn't have a problem". It's a WE issue, because WE are all Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies