Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2021, 10:23 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
the correlation is indeed generally single-parent households. It quickly "segregates" along economic lines.

Children in 2 parent households generally do better than those in single-parent households (and has nothing to do with marriage)

Children generally do better as you move up the economic scale.

Single-parent households generally are significantly lower on the economic scale.

Generally the first problem exacerbates the 2nd - because there's 1 income for the household not 2. Because the demands of raising children mean you're not likely earning as much money because you work fewer hours to tend to the kids.

Unless you don't think it's a problem at all.

What are your solutions?
I already posted to you my solutions you must of missed or dismissed my ideas. It’s a few pages back by now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 10:23 AM

926 posts, read 416,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Why is this never a discussion point?

This is a serious issue but WHY IS THIS NEVER TOUCHED WITH A 10 FOOT POLE?????
I think black conservatives do talk about it. They are appalled by this. But they are not given much of a platform in the major medias. CNN and the others will put the spotlight on a criminal deadbeat like George Floyd rather than on a quality gentleman like Jason Riley.

That being said, it's also true that for one Riley, there are probably 5 or 6 (or more) Floyd.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:26 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Out of wedlock births have been on the rise for everyone. Some individuals have given up and no longer care. Some people feel nothing will work for them. Adoption of nihilism.
Should they care?

Old 04-14-2021, 10:31 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Correct. Young black men are growing up with no father, and they are taught that the police are out to kill them, that America is racist and evil, that the system is structurally and inherently against them, and that we should look up to criminals like George Floyd.

What could go wrong?
Boldly assuming you're not a young Black men, then you don't know - just as I don't - what above is true or a narrative. I may "conclude" based on what I see, read, and here. But I don't know.

Maybe if we could remember to include the adjective "too many young Black men"

I'm much more interested in what Black people promote as solutions than what any of us non-Black people do.

I mean, my parents told me to brush my teeth when I was growing up, but sometimes I didn't want to, so I didn't. That's paternalism, which it seems many Blacks feel about white "solutions" to Black problems.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:32 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lold View Post
Yes, other races do.

American Indians/Native Americans have a very high out of wedlock birth rate. It’s around 65 or 68% out of wedlock birth rate.

Plenty of countries in Europe also have very high out of wedlock birth rates. Believe it or not many people don’t follow the Judeo-Christian worldview and self righteousness of people like you.

It has nothing to do with birth rates it’s the environment the kids grow up in.
Here in the U.S., blacks are the highest in this category.

Is it racist to point that out?

Is it racist to state that a child born and raised out of wedlock (which means the father is absent) faces obstacles and risks children born to and raised by both parents tend not to have?

Is it racist to state that the very high out-of-wedlock birth rate within black America contributes to so many black youths ending up in jail, in gangs, dead early?

Old 04-14-2021, 10:34 AM

15,846 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Here in the U.S., blacks are the highest in this category.

Is it racist to point that out?

Is it racist to state that a child born and raised out of wedlock (which means the father is absent) faces obstacles and risks children born to and raised by both parents tend not to have?

Is it racist to state that the very high out-of-wedlock birth rate within black America contributes to so many black youths ending up in jail, in gangs, dead early?
What's the difference if a child is born out if wedlock or if the child has divorced parents?

Old 04-14-2021, 10:36 AM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Our welfare programs enable this...way more than mere food, shelter and health care.

We didn't stop with "give a man a fish"...we give them a boat, a cooler full of beer, a radio, etc.

Stop blaming young Black men because it takes 2 to make a baby.
And having a "pregnant" page in HS yearbooks with your picture there is something these girls are proud of !

Old 04-14-2021, 10:36 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What's the difference if a child is born out if wedlock or if the child has divorced parents?
Do divorces tend to happen before birth or when the child is still a baby or a toddler?

A child born and raised out of wedlock by a single parent faces many obstacles.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:45 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Responsibility self respect, being accountable are all based on individual values. What you think is self respect another doesn’t. These threads generalize and stereotype. Out of wedlock is a choice for some for others not so much. This is an issue that crosses racial lines. To ask why and only point to the black community, time and time again is racist. Blame government for welfare, we should let children suffer for adults actions? Get rid of our right to speak out about injustice? Shut up and dribble? Be quite because others think we should act the way they want? Bill Cosby is a sick twisted man. Nothing he says is of any interest to me.
Quote:
Has anyone offered solutions on this thread? I’m mean besides wanting to dismantle free speech the right to assemble. Cutting off welfare and wanting people to take responsibility for their actions. If we lived in a perfect world and all people shared my values. Talk about the issue as a whole, not pointing fingers at one group would be a great start.
Quote:
Other ethnic groups have similar issues as well. What fixes the problem for one would fix it for all. As a whole the issues cross racial and economic lines. Crime, social issues, will always be problems. Some of it is human nature. Economics, opportunity, and education or lack there of is a huge factor. That’s the correlation not race.
I'm guessing this must be it? Except I did respond; no worries, in any active topic we're all reading and responding to different posts at different times. In fact, my response posted right before yours

Quote:
Out of wedlock isn’t the problem. People unable or unwilling to care for their children is. Mandatory sex education, free or much easier access to birth control. De stigmatize abortion and adoption. Make a male birth control pill. Educate young men to Mind their sperm a bit more carefully. All these would go a long way but too many conservatives think this leads to more unprotected sex. So here we are

Old 04-14-2021, 10:49 AM

866 posts, read 319,521 times
I don't see any easy ways to solve this. 60 years of indoctrination that has changed the fabric of society for the worse isn't going away easily or quickly.

I'm not one who wants to return to the way life was in the 50's, I just want people to be more responsible not less responsible.

Maybe if the propaganda networks, social media overloards, education system and pop culture stars would push positive messages and love instead of hate and irresponsibility we could start seeing incremental changes.

Otherwise nothing short of using drones to spray behavior altering chemicals is going to stop the slow march to anarchy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies