Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 12:57 PM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times

Advertisements

Corn Pops in Chief Biden is the grandfather of mass incarceration of black people and breaking up black families and has the nerve to call Jim Crow on steroids for states demanding I.D. to vote (he is crickets on Blue states) and blacks fall for it. You can't make this up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 01:00 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/04/14/p...row/index.html

“Biden is going to unite America after Trumps tried to divide us”. That’s what we were told by people with a. Straight face
Biden supported Jim Crow laws by his own words.. Biden would be very happy if those laws ever came back.

Old 04-14-2021, 01:18 PM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times
one more time, Biden is the grandfather of mass incarceration of black people and breaking up black families. Why do the majority of blacks and media act like that never happened? It's sick.

If Trump wrote a law like that, blacks, Hollywood and democrats and media would go nuts 24/7 and make movies of how evil Trump is but Biden? he gets their vote and support. Why take them serious?

Old 04-14-2021, 01:57 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
lol ... the only parts of America that co-sign racial segregation are on the woke left and their drumbeat of "equity"!!
Read the Warmth of Other Suns. It's eye-opening. We're taught that the Emancipation Proclamation and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 were the be all, end all for racial equality and justice. Could not be more wrong. It has nothing to do with being woke. It's the experiences of those who made the migration out of the South back in the 60s, maybe even earlier, I can't recall. It's heartbreaking. It's been a year since I read it and I still can't get the images out of my mind.

Old 04-14-2021, 02:02 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/04/14/p...row/index.html

“Biden is going to unite America after Trumps tried to divide us”. That’s what we were told by people with a. Straight face
What is the problem?

It is true that parts of the US are sliding into Jim Crow again. Just look at these boards if you don't believe it.

So are you saying that Biden, like Obama, is being divisive if he brings REAL issues to the table for discussion? That is silly.

I will grant you, some of the things Biden has done ARE divisive. Like continuing to highlight the failures of Trump. While true, that is in the past, and needs to be left there. But issues like racism are in the present, and must be addressed.

I'm not sure your POV, so I don't know if this applies to you or not, but people who are triggered by discussing issues, or who think that discussion current issues is divisive, are the worst type of snowflakes.

Old 04-14-2021, 02:04 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I don't know but they are really going out of their way about this Georgia law..way out of their way.
And they are getting corporations involved as well.
And it will fizzle out once the court cases all get thrown out.

Old 04-14-2021, 02:05 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantRoads View Post
LOL! You're the type of person that would be screaming when the Republicans took your slaves away.

You'll save this country by bombing some more brown people in the Middle East, hyperinflation, and open borders to exploit more people.

Face it, without race baiting you have no platform, and hence, are too far gone from reality.
You think it's the left that is race-bating? Look no further than the topics started by long-time righties in this forum. They blame blacks for being shot by the establishment, and then blame the left for race-bating if they respond. They think people who discuss issues that might lead to equality are race-bating. You have GOT to be trolling?

Old 04-14-2021, 02:06 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
No amendment is absolute. So, to what ends will he go, to further his agenda?
I’m sure that whatever it is they’ll try to pass it via budget reconciliation. Like Kamala today said that social parts of the infrastructure bill are “human infrastructure”.

Old 04-14-2021, 02:06 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Biden has it wrong. Some parts of America never got out of the era of Jim Crow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
What is the problem?

It is true that parts of the US are sliding into Jim Crow again. Just look at these boards if you don't believe it.

So are you saying that Biden, like Obama, is being divisive if he brings REAL issues to the table for discussion? That is silly.

I will grant you, some of the things Biden has done ARE divisive. Like continuing to highlight the failures of Trump. While true, that is in the past, and needs to be left there. But issues like racism are in the present, and must be addressed.

I'm not sure your POV, so I don't know if this applies to you or not, but people who are triggered by discussing issues, or who think that discussion current issues is divisive, are the worst type of snowflakes.
Where? What states?

Old 04-14-2021, 02:09 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Where? What states?
As I said, read The Warmth of Other Suns. It will explain a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies