Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2021, 01:27 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The officer's career is over. Hopefully she has someone else who will take care of bills, watch the kids.
That's if she does not commit suicide, which is a possibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 01:29 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
while Daunte was a loser, lets face it, the more I am sitting here thinking of this, the cop stating:
"S**t, I just shot him."

Now that I think of it, it doesn't work for me, "s**t, I spilled the coffee", yeah, that can be cleaned up.
but, she just shot this boy, and he can't be cleaned up now, or ever.

I'm starting to have a problem with it, not that the boy was any sort of angel or saint, we know he wasn't, and most likely wasn't going to amount to anything either,
but, none the less,

he was someones son.

I have 3 sons myself, so.......
Same here.

Daunte may not have amounted to much, but still, there will be an empty spot at the table and for what?

Old 04-14-2021, 01:30 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Correct. The more appropriate charge (from the facts we know so far) is involuntary manslaughter.
It's my understanding that 2nd degree manslaughter IS involuntary manslaughter in Minnesota.

Old 04-14-2021, 01:30 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Some of you people are just trolling to score some reaction or outrage, by purposely being vague, or couching your words to get a rise out of people. Just be honest and forthright and these stupid back and forth arguments need not occur..

I'm sure we can all agree that Wright should have simply cooperated with the police, and he'd be home snug in his bed that night. We can also agree that the negligent officer should not have mistook her pistol for a taser, and shot and killed him.
There are plenty of people who cooperated with the police who are not home snug in their beds tonight.

In fact, one woman was shot while tucked up snug in her own bed.

Old 04-14-2021, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
No.

But if you run or resist arrest, bad things are likely to happen, and those bad things are nearly always avoided by complying. People under stress sometimes make bad decisions, or decisions calm people watching videos can't imagine making. If there is one thing we should be learning from all this, it's that. Don't make police fearful for their lives, and you usually don't risk yours.
Exactly what happens when people escalate interactions with the police. Accidents do happen a lot when people are under stress.

You violently resist arrest and you are just rolling the dice and hoping you do not roll snake eyes, unfortunately for Wright, he did. So many dumb asses are dead or injured because they resisted arrest and fled from the police with a high speed car chase. YouTube is full of videos of car crashes that ended in tragedy, and they were usually over a routine traffic stop.

How many times will these dumb people resist arrest and get shot, all because they refused to obey simple commands? Obviously Darwin's theory is a continuously evolving event that never ends.

Old 04-14-2021, 01:37 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
In case you hadn't noticed, it was an accident. She accidentally fired her firearm. That is completely different than the scenario you and the leftist media are trying to portray of "officer randomly and purposefully" shot some black person.
I think the term trigger happy fits this scenario.

The instinct to pull and fire her gun was not overcome by her rational judgment in this scenario.

She clearly displayed negligence in the operation of her firearm.

Old 04-14-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There are plenty of people who cooperated with the police who are not home snug in their beds tonight.

In fact, one woman was shot while tucked up snug in her own bed.
That is a really dumb argument. So resist arrest, and roll the damn dice eh?

Old 04-14-2021, 01:40 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
No, it was a mistake and she is paying for it. I don't think anyone on here is saying she should not face the consequences of her actions. People are getting riled up because the leftist come on this board paint Daunte like he's an angel, won't acknowledge it was a mistake, and try to turn this into a hate police fest, when the police save many many many more lives each day than they take.

I am not doubting it was a mistake.
I do believe it was, but, spilling the coffee over is a mistake, but it can be cleaned up,

a boy getting shot can't be cleaned up.

but the cop doesn't get a "do over", I think she needed to be a little more careful.

Old 04-14-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I think the term trigger happy fits this scenario.

The instinct to pull and fire her gun was not overcome by her rational judgment in this scenario.

She clearly displayed negligence in the operation of her firearm.
She thought she pulled her taser, not her pistol. So your analogy is simply false.

Old 04-14-2021, 01:42 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
She thought she pulled her taser, not her pistol. So your analogy is simply false.
No it isn't. Again, the instinct to pull and fire her gun was not overcome by her rational judgment (realizing it was indeed her gun).

In a pressure situation where an officer fears for their life or safety, the producing and discharging of a weapon becomes somewhat instinctualized by the tactical training they have.

Her failure to draw the correct weapon was clearly an act of negligence, even if unintentional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies