Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 04:56 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
Why are you so surprised by this? It happens quite often.
With Blacks and Whites.

Old 04-19-2021, 11:57 AM

16,575 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...and now going for the trifecta

Black female cop shoots unarmed white man.... > https://newsone.com/3906412/black-co...n-viral-video/
Indeed, two black cops (one male and one female) shoot an unarmed white guy for some goofy subway violation, and virtually no one heard about it. Keep in mind that she shot him at point black range the first time, and then in the back as he was trying to get away.

Does anyone think we might have heard about it if it was two white cops shooting an unarmed black man?
Would there be a twitter #justice for Ariel Roman?
Would the cops still be on the force without being charged with a crime?
Would riots have ensued, egged on by the media and Maxine Waters?

`

Old 04-19-2021, 12:20 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
Why are you so surprised by this? It happens quite often.
No it doesn't, if you are referring to cops shooting blacks.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:21 PM

16,575 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Blacks are overrepresented in the prison system. Do you know what "over-represented" means? The vast majority of wrongful convictions are black men.

And again, show me how blacks are getting away with anything, since you claim blacks aren't held accountable. That's was the point of contention. What murders are black not held accountable for? Because we can go all day about the Darren Wilsons and Affluenza kids of the world who are not held accountable for murders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
How many total wrongful convictions are overturned every year? That was the question posed, I think.

Are 1% of convictions wrongful, and 90% of those are Black people? OK, that's an easy fix.

Blacks not getting away with anything? Have you ever looked at unsolved homicide stats to see where it's never solved, and what the race of the victim is, and the likely perp, and how the neighborhood clams up? There was one of these - a mass shooting at least, I can't recall whether anyone perished - just ~ 10 days ago.

Darren Wilson - I had to google it, he's the officer in Michael Brown case - there were some clearly provided facts as to why he wasn't ever charged with anything.

Who knows who Affluenza is referring to. It surely doesn't refer to any white person intentionally killing Black people.
You make some good points, with the poster your replied to looking to obfuscate unpleasant truths.

It also never fails to amaze me how locked in people can get, into a false narrative like the whole "hands up, don't shoot" rubbish of the so called "gentile giant".
Poor officer Darren Wilson was just doing his job, was attacked, defended himself, and instead of getting a pat on the back, his life is turned upside down, career ruined, and fools are still running around believing he should have been prosecuted.

As to the Affluenza comment, it is not related to any race related crime. Instead it was a case of a dope smoking and drunk driver punk who killed and injured a bunch of people in an auto wreck. The lawyer thought up some wacko defense saying the kid had been raised in such an affluent way, he didn't feel there were any consequences to his actions (or some such rubbish). Trouble is that either the judge or jury (cannot recall) bought it, and the guy didn't serve time.
That is until the dope head failed a probation drug test, and I think he and his mother fled to Mexico.
So yes the guy was raised wrong, but it didn't mean he should have gotten a slap on his wrist for killing 4 or so people, and ruining the lives of the ones who lived (I think one is paralyzed for life).
But again, it is not a race related cop vs. suspect situation.

`

Old 04-19-2021, 12:27 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgbESq-abSQ

has a gun visible
threatens to shoot police
using aggressive mannerisms and language
RAN FROM POLICE.

yet still alive and unharmed.
N = 1

This is worthless. You need to prove that no black man has ever done the same thing and wound up alive and unharmed.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:46 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
N = 1

This is worthless. You need to prove that no black man has ever done the same thing and wound up alive and unharmed.
I can prove that Philando Castille properly informed a cop that he was legally in possession of a fireman, went to reach for the documentation to prove it and was killed on the spot. WITHOUT "MOUTHING OFF".

Old 04-25-2021, 02:18 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
I can prove that Philando Castille properly informed a cop that he was legally in possession of a fireman, went to reach for the documentation to prove it and was killed on the spot. WITHOUT "MOUTHING OFF".
Show some actual concern and speak out against the high rate of single parenthood. Or you can keep falsely playing the race card over something that is statistically insignificant and continue to look the other way as black males abandon their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies