Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 06:57 PM

52,556 posts, read 34,276,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousstyles32 View Post
The difference is black people mind their damn business most of the time. They are not the ones in other people's faces asking "where are you going?" or "what are you doing here?" when they see a stranger. That is what white people do, because you all think every inch of road in the country literally belongs to you...and black people must be trespassing wherever they go.
guess how I can tell you've never walked through a black neighborhood as a white person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 07:02 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,038,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
This is automatically racist even though we don’t know why it happened? The article states the below. Also media reports regardless of what the incidents were he didn’t deserve to be shoved. What if he was raping people in the neighborhood? Of course I’m not saying that, but if he was, he still doesn’t deserved to be a shoved? There were riots where several BLM members damaged his house.

https://people.com/crime/army-sergea...hood/?amp=true

“While deputies were on the scene, two other people requested to file incident reports against the victim regarding previous situations that occurred last week, according to documents obtained by PEOPLE.

RELATED: Officer Who Shot Jacob Blake Returns to Work and 'Will Not Be Subjected to Discipline,' Police Say

The department added in a press release, "Those incidents are each being investigated independently. The victim has an underlying medical condition that may explain the behavior exhibited in the alleged incidents.”
Yes he did...i'd shove him too if he was walking about in my neighborhood harassing my neighbors.

AS FAR AS THAT CROWD...i'd tell them to get off my property,..and if they didn't, i'd bomb them with RIOT BEAR SPRAY ~!

Old 04-15-2021, 07:03 PM

163 posts, read 55,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
guess how I can tell you've never walked through a black neighborhood as a white person?
Funny I was gonna say something similar about you.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Funny I was gonna say something similar about you.
well, please proceed with your story while I get the popcorn out. this is gonna be entertaining.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:35 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,385,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
I have, use to live in an area of SE DC called Anacostia, almost all black. It was the biggest PITA to live there. About every day hassled about something, call names, constant racial harassment and they really went crazy when they heard my accent, etc.

I moved across the river to Alexandria, a more white area, life was much better though cost more for rent.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:00 PM

18,556 posts, read 7,329,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
N
According to one eyewitness, apparently this Black guy was unnecessarily hassling some people in that neighborhood. The eyewitness saw some Black women lead the Black guy away and thought that any problems were over, but then started filming when that Army Sgt. decided to confront the guy. I don't necessarily fault that Army guy for being angry when outsiders go into your neighborhood and start hassling others in it (the Black guy claimed to live in that area but never answers where exactly). And not once did he say anything or even remotely act racist in any way towards the guy.
Why is "racist" relevant? The question is whether he committed a crime.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I have, use to live in an area of SE DC called Anacostia, almost all black. It was the biggest PITA to live there. About every day hassled about something, call names, constant racial harassment and they really went crazy when they heard my accent, etc.

I moved across the river to Alexandria, a more white area, life was much better though cost more for rent.
gosh and golly, that certainly sounds like a far cry from the wonderland that furious described. how very odd.
incidentally, I had a very similar situation to yours living in galveston TX.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:33 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,308,412 times
Quote:
The difference is black people mind their damn business most of the time. They are not the ones in other people's faces asking "where are you going?" or "what are you doing here?" when they see a stranger. That is what white people do, because you all think every inch of road in the country literally belongs to you...and black people must be trespassing wherever they go.
It has nothing to do with race.

You can’t violate the rights of any individual by putting your hands on them.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:40 PM

8,307 posts, read 2,933,369 times
Quote:
If they minded their own business as often as you suggest they wouldn’t have those insane homicide rates. Whites also mind they own business most of the time as do those of any race. Yet the black on white assault rate is much higher than the reverse.

Old 04-16-2021, 02:15 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,980,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I worked in that area for a few weeks in the summer of 2008. I was challenged a couple times also.

On the flip side, back in 1988 several white military friends and I drove from Gulfport, MS to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, and I got lost and ended up in a public housing complex by mistake. A concerned local guy waved me to stop, and asked if we were lost (we were).
He said he didnt think we were safe there and gave me directions back out. He seemed a decent guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies