Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 05:53 PM

7,144 posts, read 4,739,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
From page 1...

No we don't.

Maybe you do...

I actually allow my immune system to function and don't run to the medicine cabinet for every ache and pain.
Exactly!
I have not gotten a flu shot in my entire life, and have never had the flu!
Pretty easy deal for pharma to have their covid vaccine included with flu shots. Make more money that way. If people had to get a covid "booster" by itself, many would take a pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 06:08 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
The FDA revoked the emergency use authorization (EUA) that authorized bamlanivimab, a monoclonal antibody, to be used alone to treat adults and kids with mild-to-moderate Covid-19.

It doesn't work.

https://www.physiciansweekly.com/cov...lanivimab-eua/

Old 04-24-2021, 08:57 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,508,591 times
Here is some new info about immunity for those who have previously had either symptomatic or non symptomatic Covid. Of course, they still end the article with get the vaccine, but it would appear the more that is learned the more it can be seen that the body is developing ways to fight Covid off. I personally would want an antibody test even if I had to pay out of pocket.

COVID infections leave behind "polyfunctional antibodies."
According to the researchers, COVID infections leave "polyfunctional antibodies" in the body after recovery. They're called "polyfunctional" because they prevent reinfection using more than one method, explains Timothée Bruel, a co-author of the study and a scientist in the Institut Pasteur's Virus & Immunity Unit and at the VRI.

"This study demonstrated that individuals infected with SARS-CoV-2 have antibodies that are capable of attacking the virus in different ways," Bruel shared in a statement. He explained that these antibodies render viral particles no longer infectious in two ways. First, they prevent the virus from entering healthy cells (a process known as "neutralization"). Second, they activate cells known as "Natural Killer" or "NK" cells, which kill infected cells.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...edgntp#image=1

Old 04-25-2021, 07:32 AM

4,606 posts, read 3,298,895 times
A little off topic, but I was in CVS yesterday and saw these boxes - I forget their name - but I think they were do it yourself Covid tests? I didn't want to ask the cashier about them because there were a few people behind me in line and I didn't want to hold things up. Anyone familiar with these things?

Old 04-25-2021, 12:43 PM

7,144 posts, read 4,739,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
A little off topic, but I was in CVS yesterday and saw these boxes - I forget their name - but I think they were do it yourself Covid tests? I didn't want to ask the cashier about them because there were a few people behind me in line and I didn't want to hold things up. Anyone familiar with these things?
FDA approved at-home Covid testing. Lots of choices.
https://www.self.com/story/covid-19-tests-at-home

Old 04-25-2021, 03:46 PM

4,606 posts, read 3,298,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
FDA approved at-home Covid testing. Lots of choices.
https://www.self.com/story/covid-19-tests-at-home
Well my goodness. Where have I been? I know where - staying at home and not going anywhere. I guess by now things have moved on even from the state of things when that article was written (Dec 2020)

Old 04-26-2021, 01:35 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times
Be prepared for yearly booster shots. You will be injecting this experimental garbage regularly in your body, when there is little evidence of what long term or regular use of this does to you.

One of my family friends is a director of nursing in a Michigan hospital. And she said they're seeing an increase of cases of blood clots in people who received these vaccines. Not a blood clot right away, but in fully vaccinated people who had them for months. It's unofficial for now, she believes the cases exceeds usual numbers.

Smoking a pack of cigarettes won't do anything either. If you smoke a pack everyday, for years, that's when you get an increase risk of lung or throat cancer. Like with these vaccines, regular vaccinations may lead to health effects down the road, and we won't know about it until it's too late.

Old 04-26-2021, 02:30 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Be prepared for yearly booster shots. You will be injecting this experimental garbage regularly in your body, when there is little evidence of what long term or regular use of this does to you.

One of my family friends is a director of nursing in a Michigan hospital. And she said they're seeing an increase of cases of blood clots in people who received these vaccines. Not a blood clot right away, but in fully vaccinated people who had them for months. It's unofficial for now, she believes the cases exceeds usual numbers.

Smoking a pack of cigarettes won't do anything either. If you smoke a pack everyday, for years, that's when you get an increase risk of lung or throat cancer. Like with these vaccines, regular vaccinations may lead to health effects down the road, and we won't know about it until it's too late.
The cumulative effects of multiple vaccines over time has never been studied.

Old 04-26-2021, 02:46 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The cumulative effects of multiple vaccines over time has never been studied.
That's what keeping the fear of COVID dialed up to 11 is for! Half the country will be willing test subjects and I'm ok with that.

Old 04-26-2021, 05:42 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
If my doc tells me to get a 3rd shot, I will.
No probs. A 3rd shot is a lot less trouble than going to intensive care, and much, much less trouble than going to the cemetery in a box.
The rest of you folks can do as you please. I won't ever stop the fool, but I pity him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies