Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 08:20 PM

57,260 posts, read 26,192,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So you're using the exact same story that I referenced in order to support your argument? Try again. Find a court case that he lost that I haven't already referenced. In fact, find a court case where he actually lost a libel accusation against him. After all, if he's a convicted liar it shouldn't be too hard, right?

ETA: Interesting that you shared that link, considering the content of the story. Out of the 5 facts listed on that page, the two that you quoted were the only ones that were even slightly negative about O'Keefe. Neither show that he lied about anything, only that he used questionable methods to get his information. The information itself was a key piece in shutting down ACORN.

The other three items are all fairly favorable:

When the president of your publicly funded, supposedly balanced organization starts accusing people he doesn't agree with of racism and other assorted "crimes," it leaves a bad taste in the mouths of reasonable people.

As we can see after the most recent story, O'Keefe is not only persistent but is also correct in his accusations against CNN - an issue that you seem reluctant to address, since you only seem to be attacking the messenger.

Considering that the Daily Beast has even less credibility than The Onion, I'm taking both the amount of money and the slanderous attack on PV supporters with a grain of salt. It needed to be included in the interest of full disclosure, though.
Actually they were not all the same, your question was other lawsuits he lost. He’s good at getting people to resign through false impersonations I guess that is true journalism. He is just a right wing shill, wake me up when he goes after anyone on the right wing like Fox News.Provide me the name of the person anywhere that can stand up to off the record comments.

Plenty of great investigative reporters around the country like the writer from the Miami Herald that brought the story on Epstein, many good independent reporters also. He is a fraud.

Last edited by Goodnight; 04-16-2021 at 08:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2021, 01:34 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjspring View Post
He was outed long ago editing videos - this goes back as far to his ACORN crap. He has no credibility.

He's a propagandist and grifter.

That matters. It seems as though you have no comment on that and want to act like he's legit so that his "video" wink wink is what matters and of course, its headlines.
The "legitimacy" of James O'keefe is not my concern nor is your opinion of him. He is not running for office. If he were convicted of jaywalking you would find that sufficient to discredit anything that impeaches your ideology.

Okeefe has proof that Democrats dishonestly won the last election. You are a democrat. Why do you think your approval is required for the evidence against your side to be legit?
Get over yourself.

Old 04-17-2021, 01:36 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Actually they were not all the same, your question was other lawsuits he lost. He’s good at getting people to resign through false impersonations I guess that is true journalism. He is just a right wing shill, wake me up when he goes after anyone on the right wing like Fox News.Provide me the name of the person anywhere that can stand up to off the record comments.

Plenty of great investigative reporters around the country like the writer from the Miami Herald that brought the story on Epstein, many good independent reporters also. He is a fraud.
Prove the CNN tape is fraudulent.

Old 04-17-2021, 01:54 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,434 times
Six pages in and not a single DemonRat will acknowledge what is clearly evident on that tape. Why is it so hard to admit when you are busted or outright wrong? I used to vote Democrat. I owned that error and have changed my ways. What does it benefit you to stand by these anti-American crooks?

Old 04-17-2021, 01:57 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
The big social media companies are becoming propaganda outlets for the MSM.

They've operated that way for quite awhile now.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:06 AM

17,618 posts, read 6,905,165 times
In a sane world, CNN would be banned from social media for being a propaganda outlet for one political party.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:08 AM

9,322 posts, read 16,661,006 times
Default AT&T has big stake in China

CNN, which is owned by AT&T, has invested billions in China and works with the Chinese military communications. Trump stood up to China and AT&T had a lot to lose, so they started their CNN war on getting Trump out of office.

I cancelled any accounts with the big tech companies and refuse to use social media until the laws are changed. IMO they are limiting free speech and brainwashing and this is only the beginning.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
I am not stating an opinion. He is a convicted criminal. His deceptive history speaks for itself. My opinion is irrelevant.

He wasn't convicted of "jaywalking" and that's not what one considers a criminal past. Do you not understand that, or are you being deliberately disingenuous?

Which is it?

I am not and that's your problem. You are a blind partisan, stuck on a script. Okeefe has a well known criminal past and history of propaganda. Yet, you choose to ignore that and because you want the narrative.

Indeed.

The guy provides videos of lefties saying their real intentions. He does not put words in these people's mouths. They incriminate themselves. Naturally, this PO the left and they choose to try their usual character assassination stuff, but it doesn't work. People see these videos for themselves and make judgements based on what they see and hear, not the character supplying these videos. Okeefe could be a total and complete monster for all we know, but it doesn't matter. What matters is the video evidence that everyone can see for themselves.

Nobody is forcing lefty to incriminate themselves by telling the truth. They do it on their own. Okeefe simply proves lefty's real intentions by getting it on video. There's no reason why anyone should willingly ignore the truth, just because lefty doesn't like Okeefe and whatever it is that he stands for. It is never wrong to bring the truth to light, even if it hurts your feelings or makes your uncomfortable. It matters not whether the person bringing the truth to light is good or bad by your standards.

By the way, the truth is not a narrative. Narratives are what the lame stream media pumps out. More like propaganda, as Okeefe has proven.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
You didn't read what I noted. Again, I get it, blind partisans like you don't get that he is convicted criminal who has been busted for absolutely not actually showing in full what people say. It's wrong. If you care about the truth, you would acknowledge that.

I'm not a "lefty" so spare me the script.

I've seen the videos. I've heard what these people have said. I know what I see and hear, and am capable of making my own judgements based on what these people are actually saying. I don't need you or anyone else to interpret it for me. I don't care what you think about Okeefe, because it's not relevant. What is relevant are the videos of these people saying exactly what's on their mind. Nobody forced these people to say these things. They did it on their own. There are no victims here. CNN and lefty has been victimized by the truth, and that PO a lot of them. Good.

I understand the truth bothers you and you would prefer it wasn't revealed, but everyone is better off seeing the videos for themselves and making their own judgements.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
People saw his ACORN videos too.

Unfortunately, his videos were just that, what he chose to show - and not the entire situation, which totally debunks what he selectively shared. That's called propaganda. Knowing that and his criminal past, choosing to push his videos is simply engaging a blind partisan charade.

Propaganda is exactly what CNN staff admits they are pushing. We know this because they said it for themselves. You can argue that Okeefe didn't show the whole video, but he doesn't have to. They said it for themselves and he got it on video. What you are saying is we should ignore the truth because he did not show the entire footage, but he doesn't have to. All he has to do is show them telling the truth that is relevant and concerning. Why do we want to sit and watch hours of unnecessary footage? The media operates the same way. They show you what they think is relevant and leave out the rest.

You are also saying that we should ignore the truth coming from these people's mouths because you don't like Okeefe. That's just plain silly. It's clear that the truth is inconvenient to you, and many lefty's. Sorry you have a problem with the truth, but that's your problem, not mine or the rest of America's problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies