Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 07:59 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So hang on -- the vaccine movement is just a liberal thing now?
Mandating vaccines is "a liberal thing." Many conservatives are vaccinated, but it was their choice to do so. You know, my body, my choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2021, 08:10 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by splicedenergy View Post
The war in Libya was a civil war. The u.n. approved to provide humanitarian aid and commit to the cause which was to overthrow a monsterous dictator that had been in power 40 something years. It was assistance. America didn't play that large Of a role in the military support effort. It was mostly aided by the french military. America just got to the critical counterintelligence information leading to the location of Gaddafi and got there in time to box him in with no where to go. That was by air support. No troops on the ground. The Libyan rebels got to Gaddafi, then they tortured him 6 hours and then killed Him.
Hmm, so we can fly in our bombers and blow the **** out of the command and control centers of Russia, Iran, etc... and it's not an act of war, as long as we weaken their military so much that civilians can kill their leaders?

Old 12-24-2021, 08:18 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,367,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
All you need to do is look at Biden E.O.s to know that he and his advisers do not have critical thinking skills.
You can throw in many of the posts and threads started here by the liberals, too.

It makes me wonder how some of them can figure out how to put on their socks in the morning.

Old 12-24-2021, 09:39 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Democrats and Lefties Lack Critical Thinking Skills

True and in my experience sadly they generally(before some idiot plays the "not all" card, I didn't say "all") lack common sense too.

Old 12-25-2021, 01:47 AM

16,082 posts, read 10,747,693 times
The OP and right-wingers who fell for Trump or pine for his return have no idea what critical thinking is. Opposition to vaccines and public health requirements is proof of that. If they had any simple levels of reasoning or independent thought they would never have supported that pathetic loser. It is laughable that they even attempt to use the term in an attack on those who have concerns about public health or favor opposing politics.

Old 12-25-2021, 03:48 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
i know many liberals living in NJ. some of them are even in my immediate family. emotion. they are scared and react accordingly. i have a female college student in my family. she just got her covid booster, is very scared about climate change, and thinks that China is our friend, guns make her uncomfortable to name a few. she is certainly entitled to her own opinions. her generation doesnt see the big picture. liberty is taken for granted. they will give their government more power willingly and be happy to do so. so yeah, just emotional reactions. the result of a privileged and spoiled society. by the time they realize what a hole they dug for themselves, it will be too late and sadly they will have no idea why.

Old 12-25-2021, 05:10 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
You are just playing to your prejudices.

This entire thread started with an irony. It is like opposite day with you people.

As for myself, I believe in a balanced budget, a nuclear family and I oppose abortion. In many ways I am quite conservative myself in all the ways that count. I don't do "spring break" and I don't riot ... (I don't BTW, pay hookers nor date children like some of you people either). But I am absolutely disgusted by tea party-Trumpie type knuckleheads who don't believe global warming is a serious problem, think (or thought) the virus is a hoax and refuse to help stem the spread of that dangerous disease by sensible measures like social distancing, wearing PPE in crowded situations and taking the vaccine when it becomes available. It is because of people like that ... we have hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths.

Simple, sensible measures that can help us put this disease behind us. But we have millions of (supposedly) adults bawling like children.

People like that are stone cold idiots. I am sorry, but that whole section of American society is out of their freakin' minds. Troglodytes is appropriate.
Lost me at "global warming is a serious problem."

It's Climate Change now, and if it is as serious a problem as some people like to claim, it won't matter because there is little we could do to change the future anyway.

I accept that some problems are simply beyond human control, and that includes Covid-19.

We have been on lock-downs, wearing masks, limiting close interactions/crowd sizes and most are vaccinated, yet we have more Covid-19 today than at any time previously.

Just because chasing one's tail involves movement doesn't mean we're getting somewhere.

If the answers we have are inadequate, maybe it's time to ask better questions.

What should the Earth's average surface temperature be?

If we have never had more Covid-19 than we do today, how will doing the same things we have been doing for more than a year reduce the number of corona virus cases?

Do some of the measures taken to mitigate covid's spread simply provide the virus time to mutate before new hosts and those previously infected with a parent strain are infected with the new variant?

Old 12-25-2021, 05:40 AM

2,388 posts, read 2,341,464 times
It ain't just liberals. The lack of critical thing from the right has been baffling even prior to DJT. Don't get me started on LOLbertarians.

I'm registering as an Indie if I decide I want to vote.

Old 12-25-2021, 05:43 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,389 times
someone resurrected this old thread and at least i chuckled. critical thinking is lacking everywhere but from my viewpoint its the evangelical right who live in the binary good/bad world

Old 12-25-2021, 05:57 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Ideology trumps facts for some people...........HEY, what we are doing in Detroit and
our other cities IS working!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies