Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 01:21 PM

30,144 posts, read 11,783,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
Your medical card that you paid some unethical quack doctor $20 for doesn’t mean squat to me. You are addicted and a regular user of a mind altering drug. Whatever lame excuse you attempt to use to rationalize your abhorrent behavior is completely irrelevant. You are a stoner burnout loser and you will continue us to be until you put down the bong. Sounds like you are using it as a crutch yourself.

Waaaah I have PTSD and depression. Ever think that might be because of your poor life choices?

Its actually a plant that grows in the wild, at least originally. I don't smoke pot but I fully support people having the choice to make that decision for themselves. And there are millions of functioning and very successful people who are regular pot smokers. I know many myself. You can't paint everyone with a broad brush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 01:22 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
You are addicted
So again, an incorrect generalization of all users as addicts.

Would be the same logically as claiming all drinkers are alcoholics.

Quote:
a regular user of a mind altering drug
Ever use caffeine? Tens of millions use that, same category.

Quote:
Whatever lame excuse you attempt to use to rationalize
Don't need to rationalize. I don't view it as wrong. I have a different value judgment from you on it, that's ok.

Quote:
your abhorrent behavior
Wow bro, having a couple tokes is an abhorrent act to you? Are you sure you're not overstating the importance of this a bit? You might want to chill and lower your anger a bit. I'd recommend a good solution, but I don't think you'd go for it.

Quote:
You are a stoner burnout loser
I tend to notice that when the logical arguments start to fall away, sometimes the ad hominem is turned up as a substitute. Definitely seeing that here.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:22 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
As a Libertarian. I don't use it myself. But its better to tax it and let legal businesses sell it instead of the Mexican cartel and street dealers.

Who are you or I to say what is important to someone. We are suppose to be a free country with people having to the free will to like or not like whatever they want.
It is even better to discourage its use. It was about 40 years ago, before the Age of Insanity began.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:28 PM

962 posts, read 540,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
https://patch.com/new-jersey/montcla...egalization-nj
"Now, adults 21 and over are allowed to consume cannabis on private property. Similar to New Jersey's alcohol laws, it's still illegal to smoke or consume marijuana in a public place, such as a park or the beach."
I assumed recreational rules were the same as medical. For medical, the law treated the two the same.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:34 PM

30,144 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It is even better to discourage its use. It was about 40 years ago, before the Age of Insanity began.

Its been illegal. People have been put in prison for possessing it. That is point of the war on drugs to discourage its use. But if you want a nanny state make everything that is not good for people illegal. Twinkies, Coca Cola, french fries, pizza, Frappuccinos etc. There is a long list. Then we can arrest people bootlegging pepperoni pizzas.

Prohibition failed. War on Drugs failed. Both were a boon for organized crime. That is called blowback. Pot is probably way less harmful than eating donuts every morning for breakfast. Instead of telling people what they can and cannot do how about leave them alone. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Remember that? And you don't have freedom if the government is telling you what is happiness.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:49 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,468 times
Quote:
Your medical card that you paid some unethical quack doctor $20 for doesn’t mean squat to me. You are addicted and a regular user of a mind altering drug. Whatever lame excuse you attempt to use to rationalize your abhorrent behavior is completely irrelevant. You are a stoner burnout loser and you will continue us to be until you put down the bong. Sounds like you are using it as a crutch yourself.

Waaaah I have PTSD and depression. Ever think that might be because of your poor life choices?

LMFAOOOOOO!!!! Wow, you win the Boomer award for sure! For starters, my primary physician certified me for the card. Not some "quack doctor." It was the same physician who my grandmother goes to who also has a card. She takes THC tablets for her degenerative disk issue with her back and it helps her a lot. I am the furthest thing from an addict. I don't even smoke everyday; sometimes I'll go 2 - 3 days without it and I'm fine. I can't even take the rest of your response seriously because you're such an outdated POS. My abhorrent behavior? Oh man yeah, I'm SUUUUUCH A REBEL!!!! Nah, not a fan of bongs, I'll stick to joints. Furthest thing from a burnout Mr. Boomer! Nah, not using it as a crutch old man. Meds didn't help and I tried seeing a therapist. I tried other outlets gramps.

Wow, you have to be a scummy, pathetic excuse of a human being to make fun of someone for their mental health issues. If your old ass really needs to know, I have PTSD and depression from the death of my mother, amongst other things that happened to me when I was younger that is really no concern of yours.

Poor life choices? I have a successful career, own my own place, my own car, no debt, a wonderful girlfriend, great friends and family, and my hobbies. Ever think that maybe you're just an outdated prick who's feelings are so wrapped up in marijuana that you refuse to look at actual facts and data?

I bet your kids are smoking a fat joint right now.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:50 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Its actually a plant that grows in the wild, at least originally. I don't smoke pot but I fully support people having the choice to make that decision for themselves. And there are millions of functioning and very successful people who are regular pot smokers. I know many myself. You can't paint everyone with a broad brush.

Thank you! Sadly this boomer is too ignorant and puts us all in the same group.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:51 PM

4,296 posts, read 1,555,415 times
Quote:
The drugs are the real cause of the harm in this country. I think we didn’t go far enough with the war on drugs. We were too soft and lenient on the dealers, the growers, and the users. Of course it kept going. All we gave these criminals was a slap on the wrist and a short paid vacation in jail. We should have been executing the growers and the dealers from day 1.
I refuse to believe that you're a real human at this point. It's a hell of an act. Take it to burning man.

Oh right, you don't like Burning Man because of all the hippies.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:55 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,242,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
I refuse to believe that you're a real human at this point. It's a hell of an act. Take it to burning man.

Oh right, you don't like Burning Man because of all the hippies.
There's more compelling reasons to ban 92 YJs than there is marijuana.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:55 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:

You need to cool it with the name calling and personal attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies