Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 12:48 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times

Advertisements

Or it could be the "take" of someone who has no need or desire to have his or her thought process altered. Could be that.

I was wondering how long it would be before the race card was thrown on the table. Very few threads are spared these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 12:50 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Weed has been legal for most of this country's existence. It was made illegal by Harry Anslinger's plainly racist crusade against it. And many against it just repeat his nonsense propaganda not backed by medical science to this day.
Harry Anslinger did mention one thing in his campaign that I agree with though, and that is that weed can make you better at sex.

One of his racist arguments was that weed made black men so good at sex that white women wouldn't want white men anymore.

Old 04-16-2021, 12:58 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
But not everyone that gets high is a junkie, just as not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic drunkard.
Cannabis is a toxic psychotropic, users suffer from toxicomania.

Old 04-16-2021, 12:59 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
They need to make it like cigarettes. No smoking that nasty **** in public, not anywhere near schools, hospitals, parks, beaches, public buildings, etc. Also should be treated like alcohol. No driving while stoned on your burnout grass. Basically you can only smoke that crap at home where it doesn’t bother or effect ANYONE else. Oh yeah, keep that **** away from your kids too. No reason to corrupt them with your disgusting habit either.

Calm down gramps, you'll be fine.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:00 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Less toxic to the body than alcohol.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:01 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Caffeine is as well. And coffee drinkers without coffee are worse than any marijuana user without marijuana that I know.

I can't stand the smell or taste of coffee and it is all over the place. Yet I would not deny it from other people.

Last edited by notnamed; 04-16-2021 at 01:11 PM..

Old 04-16-2021, 01:06 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
I can count on two hands how many times I've smoked weed, but, gosh, there are some majorly uptight people on this thread. And I'm betting a least a few are significantly younger than I am. Good grief!

I'm a mom of 3 young adults, and if I had to make a choice, I'd rather they smoke weed occasionally than drink regularly.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:10 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Uhhhh. No. You're not a libertarian.

Cute. Just cut off part of my sentence to take it out of context. I said if the choice is the drug cartel or legal businesses paying taxes, I choose legal businesses. I would prefer they don't pay taxes but the two parties see that differently.

The past 40 years we have had this war on drugs that tried to stop and chase down pot uses. It cost taxpayers billions a year and never solved the situation. I can't imagine why anyone would want this way of dealing with marijuana to continue.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 04-16-2021 at 01:26 PM..

Old 04-16-2021, 01:10 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Let's be clear, plenty of people have ruined their lives with only weed.

Plenty of people have started with weed, then moved onto other drugs which ruined their lives.

But even though both of those are true, it's also true that more people have ruined their lives with alcohol and tobacco, and I don't see us banning either one.

It's also true that most people who use weed are moderate/functional users, as is the case with alcohol, so as is the case with alcohol it makes no sense to ban it for the large majority simply because some people take it too far and ruin their lives.
Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because many people have ruined their lives with alcohol or tobacco doesn't make weed any more acceptable.

I have avoided all three in my life. Have never consumed any of those three things. I don't need them.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:18 PM

795 posts, read 407,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
People like that caused the war on drugs which caused so much harm to this country.
The drugs are the real cause of the harm in this country. I think we didn’t go far enough with the war on drugs. We were too soft and lenient on the dealers, the growers, and the users. Of course it kept going. All we gave these criminals was a slap on the wrist and a short paid vacation in jail. We should have been executing the growers and the dealers from day 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies