Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2021, 10:27 AM

59,082 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Absolutely we get credit for evolving.

The point is, it's incorrect to say it's "caucasians turn to segregate" when they're the only ones who have ever done it.
"when they're the only ones who have ever done it"

You are GROSSLY mis-informed!

Old 04-19-2021, 10:29 AM

59,082 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That’s correct.

It’s called self-segregation. People tend to segregate amongst people they can relate to.

Go to any middle school cafeteria and you’ll see it.
I agree and have NO problem with it.
But, to IGNORE it is just as racist as things white have done.

Old 04-19-2021, 10:35 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Of course. That's called freedom of association, and basically, birds of a feather flock together.

Which is different from segregation, which is legally enforced exclusion.
And whites are the only ones in the US who legally enforced integration. You are playing anti-white games here. It's not entirely white's fault that being integrated with non-whites is a losing proposition for whites, or that it is a winning proposition for non-whites to have enforced integration. Two can play that dishonest game and put 100% of the blame on non-whites.

Old 04-19-2021, 10:38 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
And whites are the only ones in the US who legally enforced integration. You are playing anti-white games here. It's not entirely white's fault that being integrated with non-whites is a losing proposition for whites, or that it is a winning proposition for non-whites to have enforced integration. Two can play that dishonest game and put 100% of the blame on non-whites.
I'm not playing "anti white" games here.

I'm playing stare the truth in the face games.

Yes, whites enforced segregation. THEN, they enforced integration, often over the wishes of those being forcefully integrated, both black children and white children, in our public schools.

I'm a very devout patriot of the United States, and believe it to be the greatest country on the face of the earth. But I've come to that strong belief, all the while being able to acknowledge scabs and warts that are a part of our true history as a nation.

Old 04-19-2021, 10:39 AM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
CRT is pretty cancerous stuff, specially for young people. Older people that have been around the block can see the garbage that it is. Young impressionable people told by people in positions of authority this stuff is really damaging in my opinion.

I don't have much of a problem if people go through some kind of "sensitivity" type training, but this stuff is way past that, it's really awful and has no good outcome really, just division and separation of people with no real positive message.

Again, CRT is a really cancerous ideology.

Old 04-19-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I'm not playing "anti white" games here.

I'm playing stare the truth in the face games.

Yes, whites enforced segregation. THEN, they enforced integration, often over the wishes of those being forcefully integrated, both black children and white children, in our public schools.
The "truth" where whites are 100% to blame and the villain and morally inferior to everyone else. The truth is both sides are to blame and to a large degree no one is to blame.

Old 04-19-2021, 10:53 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
The "truth" where whites are 100% to blame and the villain and morally inferior to everyone else. The truth is both sides are to blame and to a large degree no one is to blame.
Who's saying whites are 100% to blame?

You've got a bone to pick with someone else, I guess.

I'm just seeing facts as facts, from being a careful student of history.

In the history of the US, yes, whites have perpetrated a LOT of injustices on others, and have had many fewer injustices perpetrated on us by other groups. So, not 100% to 0% ratio of fault. The majority.

And them's the facts.

Old 04-19-2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Who's saying whites are 100% to blame?

You've got a bone to pick with someone else, I guess.

I'm just seeing facts as facts, from being a careful student of history.

In the history of the US, yes, whites have perpetrated a LOT of injustices on others, and have had many fewer injustices perpetrated on us by other groups. So, not 100% to 0% ratio of fault. The majority.

And them's the facts.
I don't particularly agree. But liberals know the exact ratio of fault and they are going to equalize injustice I'm sure.

Old 04-19-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
I don't particularly agree. But liberals know the exact ratio of fault and they are going to equalize injustice I'm sure.
Well, I'm not liberal either, so again, you have a bone to pick with someone else.

Just an avid, voracious reader of nonfiction history.

Old 04-19-2021, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Well, I'm not liberal either, so again, you have a bone to pick with someone else.

Just an avid, voracious reader of nonfiction history.
Oh OK, I have a bone to pick with your usual white blame posts that are indistinguishable from the liberal and CRT narrative but whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies