Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2021, 10:01 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I work for blacks folks, and have some black friends. Race has never been discussed. It's not productive to any of our goals or desires. The business man just wants his business to be successful. Race has nothing to do with running a successful business. My black friends would prefer not to be judged by the color of their skin, but the content of their character. Therefore, why bring up race or make it a central theme of their life and conversations?

The whole idea that we all need to be focusing and talking about race is being pushed by corporations, media, etc, and their motives are likely nefarious. As a nation, I thought we all wanted to move beyond racism. But powerful people with a ton of money and control will not leave it alone.
We did until the radical left took over the democrat party and/or they realized it would be good for campaign coffers. They are willing to destroy the country for their gain. So so far (in a bad way) from the Kennedy and the Bill Clinton democrats. They are unrecognizable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2021, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
My DIL is Asian and came to this country LEGALLY as a very young child. Living in a lower income neighborhood she was beaten and bullied by blacks in school and her mom beaten and robbed coming home from work. She has always said many Blacks are racists against Asians.
Ask any inner city teacher what ethnicity of student spews the most hate and racism. It’s Blacks pretty much every time.

Old 04-18-2021, 10:06 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Ask any inner city teacher what ethnicity of student spews the most hate and racism. It’s Blacks pretty much every time.

I would be mad too if I was being brainwashed and manipulated by parasites and predators. The average African American is being bombarded by so much unnecessary garbage from media and politicians. It doesn't matter what race you are, if you are being subjected to that, you are not going to like it. Also remember, most of their ancestors did not come here willingly. They were brought here against their will. We can pretend it doesn't matter, but to many, it does.

Old 04-18-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
And more info to confirm that whites are the least racist group...

SOURCE:
https://www.ljzigerell.com/?p=9002

Whites tend to rank all racial groups about equally, while non-whites tend to rank their own racial group much higher than all other groups.

It seems white people have moved beyond race, so when are other racial groups going to do the same?
These graphs are very telling. It seems the woke have been successful in convincing the masses white people are the devil. Whites are rated the lowest by every group. It suggests to me that white people need to start standing up for their rights and calling out racism towards us. We are the minority when considering the World population.

Old 04-18-2021, 10:07 AM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
My DIL is Asian and came to this country LEGALLY as a very young child. Living in a lower income neighborhood she was beaten and bullied by blacks in school and her mom beaten and robbed coming home from work. She has always said many Blacks are racists against Asians.
MSM and the idiot Professor Ho will have you believe what they endured was due to White supremacy. MSM has a definite agenda. As for Ho? Well, you just can’t fix stupid.

Old 04-18-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I would be mad too if I was being brainwashed and manipulated by parasites and predators. The average African American is being bombarded by so much unnecessary garbage from media and politicians. It doesn't matter what race you are, if you are being subjected to that, you are not going to like it. Also remember, most of their ancestors did not come here willingly. They were brought here against their will. We can pretend it doesn't matter, but to many, it does.
True. They are daily told they are being held down by other races. Makes me dislike the left even more just to think about it.

Old 04-18-2021, 10:11 AM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
This has nothing to do with being a racist. White people are rarely encumbered by the color of their skin so why would it be part of how they identify themselves? How white people see themselves and how they see others is a horse of a different color.
Correct. In general, whites are not confronted by racial issues anywhere close to the experience of most racial minorities. It doesn't cross their minds when buying a house, getting a loan, seeing a dentist or doctor, going to church, getting a job, voting, or whatever. The graph is very telling but not in the way OP is trying to present it.

It shows that white and non-white seem to travel in different orbits and have different life experiences. No wonder then that whites dismiss or diminish claims of racial barriers or injustice or systemic racism because they are blind to it. They don't get it and probably can't. If you are a fish swimming in a sea of privilege, you simply recognize that as the sea.

Old 04-18-2021, 10:15 AM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Couple of thoughts.

This research and article (from February of 2020) doesn't point out that White people are the "least racist" group in America.

Whether you see your race or ethnicity as being central to your identity in America isn't necessarily indicative of whether you have racist thoughts or views. Those two concepts can be mutually exclusive.

I'm willing to bet a lot of these random hate crimes committed by White people, were done by people that didn't belong to any extremist groups and didn't spend a lot of their time fixated on their race.

Also, if you're Asian or Hispanic, you're perpetually viewed as a foreigner and responsible for the sins of the motherland. You could be an Asian whose family has been here in America for many generations longer than some European immigrants have, and the average American in public still views you as an foreigner and never an American ("you speak English very well," "no, really, where DO you come from?"). Look at the rash of anti-Asian hate crimes being committed, we've had posters on this forum who felt such acts were 'justified' due to COVID-19's origins in China. For Asians, their race/ethnicity being central to their identity is thrust upon them by non-Asians, every single day, not the other way around ("go back to your country/China").

Old 04-18-2021, 10:19 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Correct. In general, whites are not confronted by racial issues anywhere close to the experience of most racial minorities. It doesn't cross their minds when buying a house, getting a loan, seeing a dentist or doctor, going to church, getting a job, voting, or whatever. The graph is very telling but not in the way OP is trying to present it.

It shows that white and non-white seem to travel in different orbits and have different life experiences. No wonder then that whites dismiss or diminish claims of racial barriers or injustice or systemic racism because they are blind to it. They don't get it and probably can't. If you are a fish swimming in a sea of privilege, you simply recognize that as the sea.

Privilege? My "privilege" is earned via hard work, contribution, ideas, and the fruits of my labor. If you asked anyone I've ever worked for, they would tell you the same thing. I did not pick the easy path in life. I understand why the path I chose would frustrate and anger people, but I never allow hardships or set backs to hold me down. That's not a racial thing. That's just how I freely choose to live my life.

There are tons of white people who make excuses, give up, choose not to work hard or contribute, and their lives suck. They often get angry at the world. That's their choice, and they live with the results. Nobody feels sorry for them, and nobody should.

The very idea of privilege is just another idea being pushed to convince people not to try. People don't need reasons not to try. They should be encouraged to make an effort to secure their own prosperity, otherwise, it is very unlikely they will ever achieve their desired goals and outcomes in life. Why anyone would want to hold themselves and others down in this way is beyond me.

Old 04-18-2021, 10:23 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
And more info to confirm that whites are the least racist group...

SOURCE:
https://www.ljzigerell.com/?p=9002

Whites tend to rank all racial groups about equally, while non-whites tend to rank their own racial group much higher than all other groups.

It seems white people have moved beyond race, so when are other racial groups going to do the same?
I couldn't agree with this statement more. Nearly all Whites couldn't care less about skin color, its all about character. I agree with the charts that Whites' opinions of other races do not vary much from their opinions of other White's.

White on black racisim is a hoax in today's world, perpetrated by the media and the top 1% to divide us all so nobody notices what the top 1% are doing to the rest of us. Its a massive con game, & many Americans are waking up to it.

Its also a diversion to hide how poorly the Democratic party is running our largest cities, and the schools found there....and the police departments. Dems are failing our inner city fellow Americans, and rather than admit it and try to fix it, they place blame on White Conservative Males who are nowhere near these places, and have very little to do with any of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies